Tuesday, November 12, 2013
CHELAN The first-ever electric car charging station in Chelan will be unveiled Thursday during a public dedication.
The complimentary station is being opened lakeside by Campbell's Resort, in cooperation with Plug-In North Central Washington.
The dedication ceremony, set for 5:30 p.m. at the resort, will feature several electric cars, a charging demonstration ans speeches by Chelan Mayor Bob Goedde, Campbell's General Manager Art Cambell and Plug-In officials
“We had been working on this project with Plug-In North Central Washington for several months now,” Campbell said. “We’re excited to have the first EV charging station in the Lake Chelan valley.”
"Campbell's investment and participation in our charging station deployment project is a bright star in efforts to further position North-Central Washington as a world-class visitor destination for electric vehicle drivers" Plug-In President Ron Johnston said. "Their reputation is awesome and will help to attract more electric car owners to our increasingly EV-friendly region and encourage other local business owners to consider a charging station".
According to Plug-In's Jack Anderson, Campbell’s station will offer more amps for charging than most other 240 volt stations in the state.
The new charging unit is located next to Campbell’s Stehekin ballroom in the resort’s main parking lot at 104 W. Woodin Ave.
More like this story
- Weather brings school delays, closures
- McDonald's plans to introduce new ‘Big Mac' sizes
- Forever stamp prices increase Sunday
- More wet weather in the forecast
- Some after school activities, sports cancelled
- Storm prompts clinic cancelations
- Winter storm brings school delays, closures
- 810 (2017-009 Jan. 11, 18) REQUEST FOR QUALIFICATIONS (RFQ) AIRPORT MASTER PLAN
- 810 (2017-012 Jan. 18) Notice of Public Hearing
- 810 (2017-016 Jan. 18) Notice of Public Hearing Micro Processing/Manufacturing OKA RA 16-1
Chronicle News Broadcast for Oct. 19, 2016
An Oroville woman injured in car wreck near Crumbacher, Omak house damaged by fire, thousands expected to attend Okanogan Family (Barter) Faire, Natalie Carrier talks about the Omak Zombie Fun Run, a look at your weekend weather forecast, and weekly sports report. Enlarge