Tuesday, November 12, 2013
CHELAN The first-ever electric car charging station in Chelan will be unveiled Thursday during a public dedication.
The complimentary station is being opened lakeside by Campbell's Resort, in cooperation with Plug-In North Central Washington.
The dedication ceremony, set for 5:30 p.m. at the resort, will feature several electric cars, a charging demonstration ans speeches by Chelan Mayor Bob Goedde, Campbell's General Manager Art Cambell and Plug-In officials
“We had been working on this project with Plug-In North Central Washington for several months now,” Campbell said. “We’re excited to have the first EV charging station in the Lake Chelan valley.”
"Campbell's investment and participation in our charging station deployment project is a bright star in efforts to further position North-Central Washington as a world-class visitor destination for electric vehicle drivers" Plug-In President Ron Johnston said. "Their reputation is awesome and will help to attract more electric car owners to our increasingly EV-friendly region and encourage other local business owners to consider a charging station".
According to Plug-In's Jack Anderson, Campbell’s station will offer more amps for charging than most other 240 volt stations in the state.
The new charging unit is located next to Campbell’s Stehekin ballroom in the resort’s main parking lot at 104 W. Woodin Ave.
More like this story
- North Cascades could reopen Sunday
- Ferry County prepares for storm
- Causes of death: Smoke, burns
- Electricity may be restored tomorrow to Omak flats
- High winds to fan Ferry County fires
- North Star Fire continues burning northward
- Leads sought on homemade bomb in Grant County
- Donation center open to all fire victims
- Red Flag Warning issued for winds, low humidity
- Fire relief center set up in downtown Okanogan
Omak-Riverside Eastside Road helicopter water drop
Short clip of a helicopter dropping water on the Tunk Block Fire today along Omak-Riverside Eastside Road. Enlarge