Wednesday, November 6, 2013
BREWSTER Three Rivers Hospital expects to come out about $30,000 ahead in 2014, according to a preliminary budget released last week.
The hospital anticipates about $11.3 million in operating revenues. Nearly $18.8 million may come in from patient services and $238,000 from other revenues, but the budget subtracts about $7.7 million for bad debt, contractual adjustments, charity care and other miscellaneous adjustments.
The estimated net revenue is down slightly from the $11.6 million budgeted for this year.
At the end of September, the hospital’s net income was nearly $594,000 in the red, according to the finance report issued Oct. 28.
Under expenses, salaries and benefits for 2014 take the biggest chunk, at $7.87 million. That’s about the same as what was budgeted for 2013, when commissioners approved a union-negotiated base wage increase of 2.5 percent for registered nurses and about 7.73 percent for non-union employees.
Nearly 104 full-time equivalent employees were calculated this year, according to the proposed 2014 budget.
The total amount of expenditures is estimated at $12.5 million.
With expenditures exceeding revenues, property taxes of $1.2 million close the gap with a profit of $30,114 to spare.
As reported Oct. 28, the hospital’s outstanding warrants with Okanogan County totaled more than $2.9 million.
Hospital administrators were unavailable to provide further information before press time.
Commissioners will host a public comment period before voting on the budget at its Dec. 16 meeting. It will be at noon at the Hillcrest House administration building, 415 Hospital Way.
More like this story
- 49 state patrol troopers sworn in
- Omak bond measure failing in initial returns
- 810 (2017-105 April 26) CITY OF OKANOGAN, WASHINGTON ORDINANCE NO. 1175
- 810 (2017-106 April 26) Notice of Application
- 820 (2017-092 April 19, 26) The Colville Tribal Correctional Facility (CTCF) is issuing a Request
- 820 (2017-093 April 19, 26) The Colville Tribal Correctional Facility (CTCF) is issuing a Request
- 820 (2017-094 April 19, 26) The Colville Tribal Correctional Facility (CTCF) is issuing a Request
- 820 (2017-097 April 19, 26, May 3) NOTICE TO CREDITORS
- 820 (2017-098 April 19, 26) CALL FOR BIDS.
- 820 (2017-102 April 26) The Town of Riverside is seeking applications for Town Council Position No.1.