Wednesday, November 6, 2013
BREWSTER Three Rivers Hospital expects to come out about $30,000 ahead in 2014, according to a preliminary budget released last week.
The hospital anticipates about $11.3 million in operating revenues. Nearly $18.8 million may come in from patient services and $238,000 from other revenues, but the budget subtracts about $7.7 million for bad debt, contractual adjustments, charity care and other miscellaneous adjustments.
The estimated net revenue is down slightly from the $11.6 million budgeted for this year.
At the end of September, the hospital’s net income was nearly $594,000 in the red, according to the finance report issued Oct. 28.
Under expenses, salaries and benefits for 2014 take the biggest chunk, at $7.87 million. That’s about the same as what was budgeted for 2013, when commissioners approved a union-negotiated base wage increase of 2.5 percent for registered nurses and about 7.73 percent for non-union employees.
Nearly 104 full-time equivalent employees were calculated this year, according to the proposed 2014 budget.
The total amount of expenditures is estimated at $12.5 million.
With expenditures exceeding revenues, property taxes of $1.2 million close the gap with a profit of $30,114 to spare.
As reported Oct. 28, the hospital’s outstanding warrants with Okanogan County totaled more than $2.9 million.
Hospital administrators were unavailable to provide further information before press time.
Commissioners will host a public comment period before voting on the budget at its Dec. 16 meeting. It will be at noon at the Hillcrest House administration building, 415 Hospital Way.
More like this story
- Fishing to open for hatchery steelhead, rainbows
- Federal help sought for fire recovery
- Legislator calls for fight against McCleary
- Family Faire wraps up today
- Friday football scores: Okanogan wins big
- 820 (2015-518, Oct. 7, 14, 21) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON IN AND FOR THE COUNTY OF OKANOGAN
- 820 (2015-513 Oct. 7) NOTICE OF PUBLIC TIMBER SALE
- 820 (2015-512 Oct. 7, 14) NOTICE OF PUBLIC TIMBER SALE
- 820 (2015-507 Sept. 30, Oct. 7, 14, 21) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 820 (2015-503 Sept. 30, Oct. 7) NOTICE OF HEARING PUBLIC UTILITY DISTRICT NO. 1 OF OKANOGAN COUNTY 2016 PROPOSED BUDGET
State Department of Fish and Wildlife Sgt. Dan Christensen recorded this video of the release of a mama bear and her three cubs Friday, Sept. 11, 2015. The bears were captured in a tree at Esther Bricques Winery near Ellisforde. The original video was much longer. We've edited out several minutes of footage between the cubs leaving the first trap and the mama and cub leaving the second trap. Enlarge