Wednesday, November 6, 2013
BREWSTER Three Rivers Hospital expects to come out about $30,000 ahead in 2014, according to a preliminary budget released last week.
The hospital anticipates about $11.3 million in operating revenues. Nearly $18.8 million may come in from patient services and $238,000 from other revenues, but the budget subtracts about $7.7 million for bad debt, contractual adjustments, charity care and other miscellaneous adjustments.
The estimated net revenue is down slightly from the $11.6 million budgeted for this year.
At the end of September, the hospital’s net income was nearly $594,000 in the red, according to the finance report issued Oct. 28.
Under expenses, salaries and benefits for 2014 take the biggest chunk, at $7.87 million. That’s about the same as what was budgeted for 2013, when commissioners approved a union-negotiated base wage increase of 2.5 percent for registered nurses and about 7.73 percent for non-union employees.
Nearly 104 full-time equivalent employees were calculated this year, according to the proposed 2014 budget.
The total amount of expenditures is estimated at $12.5 million.
With expenditures exceeding revenues, property taxes of $1.2 million close the gap with a profit of $30,114 to spare.
As reported Oct. 28, the hospital’s outstanding warrants with Okanogan County totaled more than $2.9 million.
Hospital administrators were unavailable to provide further information before press time.
Commissioners will host a public comment period before voting on the budget at its Dec. 16 meeting. It will be at noon at the Hillcrest House administration building, 415 Hospital Way.
More like this story
- DNR issues statewide burn ban
- Gubernatorial candidate debate planned tomorrow
- Lightning sparks several small fires
- Results for the Tonasket Truck and Tractor Pull announced
- 820 (2016-322 July 20, 27) STATE OF WASHINGTON DEPARTMENT OF ECOLOGY
- 820 (2016-310 July 13, 20, 27) SUPERIOR COURT, STATE OF WASHINGTON, COUNTY OF SPOKANE
- 320 (2016-317 July 27, Aug. 3) OMAK SCHOOL DISTRICT SURPLUS SALE
- 820 (2016-320 July 27) LEGAL NOTICE
- 820 (2016-323 July 20, 27, Aug. 3) SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 820 (2016-328 July 20, 27, Aug. 3) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON IN AND
2016 Molson Mid-Summer Festival
Here's a clip of the annual Molson Mid-Summer Festival, June 18, 2016. Chronicle video by Brock Hires. Enlarge