Wednesday, November 6, 2013
BREWSTER Three Rivers Hospital expects to come out about $30,000 ahead in 2014, according to a preliminary budget released last week.
The hospital anticipates about $11.3 million in operating revenues. Nearly $18.8 million may come in from patient services and $238,000 from other revenues, but the budget subtracts about $7.7 million for bad debt, contractual adjustments, charity care and other miscellaneous adjustments.
The estimated net revenue is down slightly from the $11.6 million budgeted for this year.
At the end of September, the hospital’s net income was nearly $594,000 in the red, according to the finance report issued Oct. 28.
Under expenses, salaries and benefits for 2014 take the biggest chunk, at $7.87 million. That’s about the same as what was budgeted for 2013, when commissioners approved a union-negotiated base wage increase of 2.5 percent for registered nurses and about 7.73 percent for non-union employees.
Nearly 104 full-time equivalent employees were calculated this year, according to the proposed 2014 budget.
The total amount of expenditures is estimated at $12.5 million.
With expenditures exceeding revenues, property taxes of $1.2 million close the gap with a profit of $30,114 to spare.
As reported Oct. 28, the hospital’s outstanding warrants with Okanogan County totaled more than $2.9 million.
Hospital administrators were unavailable to provide further information before press time.
Commissioners will host a public comment period before voting on the budget at its Dec. 16 meeting. It will be at noon at the Hillcrest House administration building, 415 Hospital Way.
More like this story
- Burn ban extended for parts of Okanogan County
- 820 2016-011 Jan. 20, Feb. 10)
- 800 (2016-012 Jan. 13, 20, 27) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON IN AND FOR THE COUNTY OF OKANOGAN - JUVENILE
- 800 (2016-024 Jan. 20) Notice of Appeal Hearing SEPA Appeal of DNS for CUP 2015-8 Morgan Septic Lagoon
- 800 (2016-025 Jan. 20) Notice Seeking Comments regarding Juvenile Detention Options
- 810 (2016-019 Jan. 20) Notice of Initiation of Plan Update, Adoption for Implementation and Issuance of a DNS under SEPA
- 820 (2016-021 Jan. 20, 27, Feb. 03, 10) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 820 (2016-018 Jan. 20, 27, Feb. 3) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON IN AND FOR THE COUNTY OF OKANOGAN
- 820 (2016-013 Jan. 13, 20, 27) NOTICE OF PUBLIC TIMBER FOR SALE
- 820 (2016-014 Jan. 13, 20, 27) NOTICE OF PUBLIC TIMBER SALE