Wednesday, November 6, 2013
BREWSTER Three Rivers Hospital expects to come out about $30,000 ahead in 2014, according to a preliminary budget released last week.
The hospital anticipates about $11.3 million in operating revenues. Nearly $18.8 million may come in from patient services and $238,000 from other revenues, but the budget subtracts about $7.7 million for bad debt, contractual adjustments, charity care and other miscellaneous adjustments.
The estimated net revenue is down slightly from the $11.6 million budgeted for this year.
At the end of September, the hospital’s net income was nearly $594,000 in the red, according to the finance report issued Oct. 28.
Under expenses, salaries and benefits for 2014 take the biggest chunk, at $7.87 million. That’s about the same as what was budgeted for 2013, when commissioners approved a union-negotiated base wage increase of 2.5 percent for registered nurses and about 7.73 percent for non-union employees.
Nearly 104 full-time equivalent employees were calculated this year, according to the proposed 2014 budget.
The total amount of expenditures is estimated at $12.5 million.
With expenditures exceeding revenues, property taxes of $1.2 million close the gap with a profit of $30,114 to spare.
As reported Oct. 28, the hospital’s outstanding warrants with Okanogan County totaled more than $2.9 million.
Hospital administrators were unavailable to provide further information before press time.
Commissioners will host a public comment period before voting on the budget at its Dec. 16 meeting. It will be at noon at the Hillcrest House administration building, 415 Hospital Way.
More like this story
- 810 (2015-472 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) City of Omak
- 810 (2015-562 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) INVITATION TO BID
- 810 (2015-613 Nov. 18, 25) At the regular council meeting of November 10, 2015
- 810 (2015-626 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) Notice is hereby given that the Town of Riverside, Washington
- 810 (2015-627 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) A public meeting for the 2016 Budget
- 810 (2015-628 Nov. 25) NOTICE OF ORDINANCE PASSED BY THE OKANOGAN CITY COUNCIL
- 810 (2015-629 Nov. 25) CITY OF OKANOGAN NOTICE OF STREET CLOSURE NOTICE
- 810 (2015-630 Nov. 25) SUMMARY OF RESOLUTION No. 39-2015 OF THE City of Omak, Washington.
- 810 (2015-632 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
- 820 (2015-612 Nov. 18, 25, Dec. 2) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON