Wednesday, November 6, 2013
OMAK The managers of a furniture and appliance franchise are looking at opening a new location in town sometime around Christmas.
Aaron’s recently signed a five-year lease for the vacant building at 208 S. Main St., said Regional Vice President John Pollock.
“I think we have a great location,” Pollock said.
The company has hired James W. Elmer Construction to remodel the location, which was previously occupied by Blockbuster, but has been empty since July 2012.
Pollock said the company has a goal of a grand opening sometime before Christmas, but that will depend on how long construction takes.
He said the building will receive a “complete and total remodel.”
Once the business opens, it will employ five people, Pollock said. The company has signed a five-year initial lease, with two five-year options, he said.
He said one of the deciding factors in opening the location in Omak was that people from Okanogan County would shop at the Wenatchee location and ask for delivery.
Pollock said he sees Omak as a place that has opportunity for growth and points to the reopening of the Omak Wood Products mill as a “big turning point for us.”
He said the mill’s reopening “gave us a signal that Omak was moving forward.”
James W. Elmer Construction submitted its application for the remodeling project to the city of Omak on Oct. 14.
City Administrator Ralph Malone said he sees it as a positive for a business to open up shop in town.
“It’s great to not have vacant buildings on Main Street,” Malone said.
More like this story
- Bail set for Piturachsatit
- Candidates speak at Lincoln Day dinner
- Lake Roosevelt Elementary assistant principal arrested
- 800 (2016-029 Jan. 27, Feb. 3) NOTICE OF CALL FOR BIDS
- 800 (2016-042 Feb. 3) Okanogan County Notice of Final Decision
- 800 (2016-044 Feb. 3, 10) PUBLIC NOTICE OKANOGAN COUNTY SMALL WORKS ROSTER
- 800 (2016-047 Feb. 3) Okanogan County Notice of Final Decision
- 800 (2016-048 Feb. 3) Okanogan County Notice of Final Decision
- 800 (2016-049 Feb. 3) Okanogan County Notice of Final Decision
- 800 (2016-050 Feb. 3) Okanogan County Notice of Final Decision