Wednesday, November 6, 2013
OKANOGAN The 15th annual Okanogan-Omak Rotary Club Wine and Cheese Tasting Event will be at 6 p.m. Nov. 9 in the Okanogan County Fairgrounds Agriplex, 175 Rodeo Trail Road.
Wines from more than 60 wineries will be featured, along with beer from the Methow Valley, coffee, spirits from 5 O’Clock Somewhere in Cashmere, and cider and hard cider from Cider Works near Orondo.
Those attending can vote for their favorite red and white wines and best of show winner.
Wine also will be available to purchase by the bottle or case.
A table full of cheeses, breads, fruit and heavy hors d’oeuvres, including salmon, will be offered.
Three silent auctions are planned, along with dessert and live auctions.
The record for a dessert auction is $600 for a creation by Paula Chambers.
“These desserts are elaborate and beautiful, and all are donated,” event chairwoman Debi Clark said.
Among the auction items are automotive services and supplies, Kettle Valley Railway tickets, several overnight lodging packages, smoked summer sausage and other meats, a meat smoker, paintball rental, Apple Sox baseball tickets, veterinary services, window washing, jewelry, a balloon tour, an afghan and quilts, photography services, a week-long vacation in Costa Rica, student driving tuition, a golf package, designer purse filled with cash, garden services, fruit basket, bicycle, Spokane Indians baseball tickets, a spray-on pickup bed liner and a spotting scope.
“I have three and a half pages of items, with probably 50 items per page,” Clark said. “The community has been awesome in donating.”
The event is the club’s main fundraiser. Admission will be charged, either in advance or at the door at a higher price. Reserved tables for eight are available.
It usually brings in around $30,000, which “is funneled back in to our communities,” Clark said. “The generosity of this community is totally awesome.”
Any type of attire is OK, although Clark said many people dress up.
Free taxi rides home will be offered to folks who sample a little too much, she said.
Rotarians also will sell balloons for its anti-polio effort.
Last year the group sent more than $2,000 to Rotary International’s polio program.
More like this story
- 820 (2015-518, Oct. 7, 14, 21) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON IN AND FOR THE COUNTY OF OKANOGAN
- 820 (2015-513 Oct. 7) NOTICE OF PUBLIC TIMBER SALE
- 820 (2015-512 Oct. 7, 14) NOTICE OF PUBLIC TIMBER SALE
- 820 (2015-507 Sept. 30, Oct. 7, 14, 21) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 820 (2015-503 Sept. 30, Oct. 7) NOTICE OF HEARING PUBLIC UTILITY DISTRICT NO. 1 OF OKANOGAN COUNTY 2016 PROPOSED BUDGET
- 820 (2015-490 Sept. 23, 30, Oct. 7) In The Superior Court Of The State Of Washington County of Chelan.
- 820 (2015-456 Sept. 2, 9, 16, 23, 30, Oct. 7) SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON COUNTY OF OKANOGAN
- 820 (2015-455 Sept. 2, 9, 16, 23, 30, Oct. 7) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON
- 820 (2015 - 524, Oct. 7) Public Notice
- 820 (2015 - 524, Oct. 7) Town of Twisp Request for Statement of Qualifications
State Department of Fish and Wildlife Sgt. Dan Christensen recorded this video of the release of a mama bear and her three cubs Friday, Sept. 11, 2015. The bears were captured in a tree at Esther Bricques Winery near Ellisforde. The original video was much longer. We've edited out several minutes of footage between the cubs leaving the first trap and the mama and cub leaving the second trap. Enlarge