Wednesday, November 6, 2013
WINTHROP Liberty Bell High School Dean of Students and Activities Director Mike Wilson has been placed on administrative leave pending an investigation by the Okanogan County Sheriff’s Office.
“Our A.D. has been placed on administrative leave,” Methow Valley School District Superintendent Tom Venable said.
“And at this time, that’s all I’m able to share about the situation.”
Sheriff Frank Rogers confirmed the investigation.
“All I can say about the Liberty Bell incident is that an incident has been reported to us and we are looking into it,” Rogers said.
Wilson was placed on leave Oct. 7. He did not return a request for comments.
He is also the coach of the varsity girls soccer team. Assistant coach Eric Olson is filling in as head coach.
More like this story
- Pateros forfeits Friday's football game
- Pool tournament to honor Lucas White
- Dance hall era
- Conconully Lake Resort closes
- County considers health board’s future
- High school football scores
- High winds expected Friday, Saturday
- Manson cancels football game with Okanogan
- Feed raises $5,500 for injured player
- Coachmasters claim drag racing title
State Department of Fish and Wildlife Sgt. Dan Christensen recorded this video of the release of a mama bear and her three cubs Friday, Sept. 11, 2015. The bears were captured in a tree at Esther Bricques Winery near Ellisforde. The original video was much longer. We've edited out several minutes of footage between the cubs leaving the first trap and the mama and cub leaving the second trap. Enlarge