Wednesday, November 6, 2013
OKANOGAN After overseeing the Housing Authority of Okanogan County since its inception 17 years ago, the executive director is retiring and training her replacement.
“The most rewarding thing is helping anybody, helping the low-income find housing – find decent, sanitary housing that’s affordable,” Executive Director Claudia Clausnitzer said. “I’ve enjoyed working with the families and the thank yous we get from everyone – everyone enjoys getting that assistance. The hugs we get from some of the homeless, especially the elderly.”
The incoming executive director, who has been on the job for nearly three weeks, is Chris Scott of Conconully. Her family moved to the area from Poulsbo in September.
“I was really excited when I saw this job posted, because I’ve been looking for a good fit,” she said.
Most recently, Scott, 57, was the director for economic development of the Puget Sound Regional Council in Seattle. Before that, she served as U.S. Sen. Maria Cantwell’s state director, and before that as Kitsap County commissioner. During her time there, she served on the Kitsap County Housing Authority board.
“I’m very excited to be here and have the opportunity to help people,” she said.
More like this story
- Rotary NCW sports awards: Finalists announced
- Rotary Fish Derby: Arnold takes grand champion prize
- Museum opening Memorial Day weekend
- Lake Roosevelt to open for white sturgeon fishing
- State golf: Oroville's Jordyn Smith finishes 19th in state
- Horse racing will be at fair
- Salmon Creek closed between Spring Coulee and Danker Cut-off Road
- Keller Ferry out of service
- PUD honors employees
- 820 (2017-112 May 10, 17) ADVERTISEMENT FOR BIDS