Wednesday, November 6, 2013
OKANOGAN After overseeing the Housing Authority of Okanogan County since its inception 17 years ago, the executive director is retiring and training her replacement.
“The most rewarding thing is helping anybody, helping the low-income find housing – find decent, sanitary housing that’s affordable,” Executive Director Claudia Clausnitzer said. “I’ve enjoyed working with the families and the thank yous we get from everyone – everyone enjoys getting that assistance. The hugs we get from some of the homeless, especially the elderly.”
The incoming executive director, who has been on the job for nearly three weeks, is Chris Scott of Conconully. Her family moved to the area from Poulsbo in September.
“I was really excited when I saw this job posted, because I’ve been looking for a good fit,” she said.
Most recently, Scott, 57, was the director for economic development of the Puget Sound Regional Council in Seattle. Before that, she served as U.S. Sen. Maria Cantwell’s state director, and before that as Kitsap County commissioner. During her time there, she served on the Kitsap County Housing Authority board.
“I’m very excited to be here and have the opportunity to help people,” she said.
More like this story
- State changes Chinook rule
- Diamond fire grows to 350 acres
- Grand opening planned for Tonasket swimming pool
- Commissioners modify pot moratorium
- Tonasket man hurt in crash
- Crews continue mopping up Bissell fire
- Highway 21 reopens
- 820 (2017-166 June 28, July 5, 12, 19, 26, Aug. 2) SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON IN AND FOR
- 820 (2017-170 June 28, July 5, 12, 19, 26, Aug. 2) SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON IN AND FOR
- 820 (2017-182 July 5, 12, 19, 26, Aug. 2, 9) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR