Wednesday, November 6, 2013
OKANOGAN After overseeing the Housing Authority of Okanogan County since its inception 17 years ago, the executive director is retiring and training her replacement.
“The most rewarding thing is helping anybody, helping the low-income find housing – find decent, sanitary housing that’s affordable,” Executive Director Claudia Clausnitzer said. “I’ve enjoyed working with the families and the thank yous we get from everyone – everyone enjoys getting that assistance. The hugs we get from some of the homeless, especially the elderly.”
The incoming executive director, who has been on the job for nearly three weeks, is Chris Scott of Conconully. Her family moved to the area from Poulsbo in September.
“I was really excited when I saw this job posted, because I’ve been looking for a good fit,” she said.
Most recently, Scott, 57, was the director for economic development of the Puget Sound Regional Council in Seattle. Before that, she served as U.S. Sen. Maria Cantwell’s state director, and before that as Kitsap County commissioner. During her time there, she served on the Kitsap County Housing Authority board.
“I’m very excited to be here and have the opportunity to help people,” she said.
More like this story
- Court denies ATV case review
- Three Devils case heads to appeals court
- Holiday Twinkies recalled
- 810 (2017-009 Jan. 11, 18) REQUEST FOR QUALIFICATIONS (RFQ)
- 820 (2017-001 Jan. 4, 11)
- 820 (2017-006 Jan. 11) PUBLIC NOTICE
- 820 (2017-007 Jan. 11) SMALL WORKS APPLICATIONS
- 820 (2017-008 Jan. 11, 18) Okanogan County Dept. of Public Works NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
- Burn ban issued for Okanogan, Stevens counties
- Pearl Jam donates $25,000 to Rail Trail
Chronicle News Broadcast for Oct. 19, 2016
An Oroville woman injured in car wreck near Crumbacher, Omak house damaged by fire, thousands expected to attend Okanogan Family (Barter) Faire, Natalie Carrier talks about the Omak Zombie Fun Run, a look at your weekend weather forecast, and weekly sports report. Enlarge