Wednesday, November 6, 2013
OKANOGAN After overseeing the Housing Authority of Okanogan County since its inception 17 years ago, the executive director is retiring and training her replacement.
“The most rewarding thing is helping anybody, helping the low-income find housing – find decent, sanitary housing that’s affordable,” Executive Director Claudia Clausnitzer said. “I’ve enjoyed working with the families and the thank yous we get from everyone – everyone enjoys getting that assistance. The hugs we get from some of the homeless, especially the elderly.”
The incoming executive director, who has been on the job for nearly three weeks, is Chris Scott of Conconully. Her family moved to the area from Poulsbo in September.
“I was really excited when I saw this job posted, because I’ve been looking for a good fit,” she said.
Most recently, Scott, 57, was the director for economic development of the Puget Sound Regional Council in Seattle. Before that, she served as U.S. Sen. Maria Cantwell’s state director, and before that as Kitsap County commissioner. During her time there, she served on the Kitsap County Housing Authority board.
“I’m very excited to be here and have the opportunity to help people,” she said.
More like this story
- Cascade prevails in kitchen showdown
- Voters approve school levies
- Teen talent hits the stage
- District 5/6 resumes Saturday
- Omak mill operation gets a new owner
- Burn ban extended for parts of Okanogan County
- 820 2016-011 Jan. 20, Feb. 10)
- 800 (2016-012 Jan. 13, 20, 27) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON IN AND FOR THE COUNTY OF OKANOGAN - JUVENILE
- 800 (2016-024 Jan. 20) Notice of Appeal Hearing SEPA Appeal of DNS for CUP 2015-8 Morgan Septic Lagoon
- 800 (2016-025 Jan. 20) Notice Seeking Comments regarding Juvenile Detention Options