Wednesday, November 6, 2013
OKANOGAN After overseeing the Housing Authority of Okanogan County since its inception 17 years ago, the executive director is retiring and training her replacement.
“The most rewarding thing is helping anybody, helping the low-income find housing – find decent, sanitary housing that’s affordable,” Executive Director Claudia Clausnitzer said. “I’ve enjoyed working with the families and the thank yous we get from everyone – everyone enjoys getting that assistance. The hugs we get from some of the homeless, especially the elderly.”
The incoming executive director, who has been on the job for nearly three weeks, is Chris Scott of Conconully. Her family moved to the area from Poulsbo in September.
“I was really excited when I saw this job posted, because I’ve been looking for a good fit,” she said.
Most recently, Scott, 57, was the director for economic development of the Puget Sound Regional Council in Seattle. Before that, she served as U.S. Sen. Maria Cantwell’s state director, and before that as Kitsap County commissioner. During her time there, she served on the Kitsap County Housing Authority board.
“I’m very excited to be here and have the opportunity to help people,” she said.
More like this story
- Donations sought for Wellpinit fire victims
- Pickens North wildfire reaches 600 acres
- Crews work to line Pickens North fire
- 820 (2016-349 Aug. 24, 31) CALL for BIDS-BID No. 418-16
- Opening arguments start in Alltus murder case
- 810 (2016-346 Aug. 17, 24) NOTICE TO CONTRACTORS
- (2016-336 Aug. 10, 17, 24) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 820 (2016-347 Aug. 24)Notice The Okanogan County Transit Authority
- 820 (2016-348 Aug. 24) Notice The Okanogan County Transit Authority Board
- Meteorologists issue red flag warning
Live wildfire coverage
Pickens Mountain fire near Split Rock Road in Havillah. Footage filmed live on location 8/24/16 Enlarge