Wednesday, November 6, 2013
BREWSTER Three Rivers Hospital has been recognized for “outstanding efforts to reduce patient harm and improve patient safety.”
The hospital, 503 Hospital Way, was one of 16 to receive the 2013 Washington State Hospital Association Safe Care in Action award. It was presented to hospitals that achieved a 40 percent reduction in harm in 10 different areas, from surgical infections to adverse drug effects and preventable readmissions.
“Patient care is our staff’s No. 1 concern and we take patient safety seriously,” Chief Executive Officer Bud Hufnagel said. “It is an honor to be recognized by our peers for our efforts.”
Three Rivers was the only hospital in Okanogan or Ferry counties to win the award.
More like this story
- State plans to take lethal action to change wolf pack’s behavior
- Lake Roosevelt white sturgeon fishery to close July 31
- Canyon Creek Fire management turned over to Type 4 team
- Redford Canyon Fire size remains at 681 acres
- Second man arrested in Shawl death
- Three vehicles damaged in downtown accident
- Cultural tradition topic of meeting Saturday in Okanogan
- Diverse music styles on tap for International Concert Series
- Oregon motorcyclists injured in wreck on Sherman Pass
- Firewood permits available through vendors