Wednesday, November 6, 2013
BREWSTER Three Rivers Hospital has been recognized for “outstanding efforts to reduce patient harm and improve patient safety.”
The hospital, 503 Hospital Way, was one of 16 to receive the 2013 Washington State Hospital Association Safe Care in Action award. It was presented to hospitals that achieved a 40 percent reduction in harm in 10 different areas, from surgical infections to adverse drug effects and preventable readmissions.
“Patient care is our staff’s No. 1 concern and we take patient safety seriously,” Chief Executive Officer Bud Hufnagel said. “It is an honor to be recognized by our peers for our efforts.”
Three Rivers was the only hospital in Okanogan or Ferry counties to win the award.
More like this story
- Okanogan names superintendent finalists
- Okanogan Farm Lights Festival set for Nov. 29
- Methow Conservancy plans annual party, film showing
- Science teacher wins conservation award
- Santa arrives in Conconully on Dec. 2
- Rosco bags big moose
- Cates, Jessee named MVPs in Caribou Trail League football
- Knights intercept Dawgs' stay in state playoffs
- Brewster soccer returns with third-place state 1B/2B trophy
- VIEW FROM THE SIDELINES: Willis twins shine in soccer