Wednesday, November 6, 2013
BREWSTER Three Rivers Hospital has been recognized for “outstanding efforts to reduce patient harm and improve patient safety.”
The hospital, 503 Hospital Way, was one of 16 to receive the 2013 Washington State Hospital Association Safe Care in Action award. It was presented to hospitals that achieved a 40 percent reduction in harm in 10 different areas, from surgical infections to adverse drug effects and preventable readmissions.
“Patient care is our staff’s No. 1 concern and we take patient safety seriously,” Chief Executive Officer Bud Hufnagel said. “It is an honor to be recognized by our peers for our efforts.”
Three Rivers was the only hospital in Okanogan or Ferry counties to win the award.
More like this story
- Proposal would change name of Squaw Creek
- Russian hackers tried to get into state election system -- and failed
- Extension hosts Women in Agriculture conference
- Woodcutting restrictions reduced in forest
- 'Healing the Columbia' features tribal members
- State delays fisher reintroduction in North Cascades
- Diamond Creek Fire 70 percent contained
- AAA: Truck safety technology can prevent crashes
- Methow school board meetings changed
- Concert features Turkish music duo