Wednesday, November 6, 2013
COULEE DAM Candidate Greg Wilder has filed a Public Disclosure Commission complaint against incumbent Mayor Quincy Snow, alleging Snow used his office and town resources for his campaign for re-election.
Wilder ran against Snow in the general election. Results of the Nov. 5 election were not available by press time.
Wilder contends Snow used the town email and telephone, and his official capacity as mayor, to seek information on Wilder from the city of LaCenter, where Wilder worked in 2003.
Snow denied the allegations, saying he made the requests by phone and didn’t use town facilities.
Wilder was dismissed from LaCenter at the end of a six-month probationary period. Snow allegedly asked in July why Wilder was let go and noted Wilder was running for mayor.
Under state law, it’s illegal to use a public agency’s resources to assist a campaign for election of any person to any office.
In Wilder’s complaint is a public records request from firstname.lastname@example.org, sent July 26, 2013, to LaCenter Finance Director Suzanne Levis asking for records pertaining to Wilder while he worked for LaCenter and why he was fired. The request allegedly is signed by Snow.
Snow allegedly rescinded his request Aug. 2.
Wilder also alleged Coulee Dam didn’t provide him with public records he sought, including emails asking about Wilder.
Snow listed his city email, email@example.com, as his contact on election filing documents.
Wilder has filed several requests with Coulee Dam for public records. Most sought information about a proposed sewer plant upgrade, which he opposes.
More like this story
- 800 (2016-173 April 27, May 4) Notice of Public Hearing
- 800 (2016-185 May 4) Okanogan County Notice of Final Decision
- 800 (2016-186 May 4) Okanogan County Notice of Final Decision
- 800 (2016-187 May 4) Okanogan County Notice of Final Decision
- 800 (2016-188 May 4) Okanogan County Notice of Final Decision
- 810 (2016-182 May 4) At the regular council meeting
- 810 (2016-184 May 4) NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
- 820 (2016-181 May 4, 11, 18) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON
- 820 (2016-156 May 4, 11) NOTICE OF PUBLIC TIMBER SALE
- 820 (2016-183 May 4, 11, 18, 25, June 1, 8) Superior Court of Washington
Reclamation officials talk about Conconully Lake Resort
Chronicle video by Brock Hires. Enlarge