Wednesday, November 6, 2013
COULEE DAM Candidate Greg Wilder has filed a Public Disclosure Commission complaint against incumbent Mayor Quincy Snow, alleging Snow used his office and town resources for his campaign for re-election.
Wilder ran against Snow in the general election. Results of the Nov. 5 election were not available by press time.
Wilder contends Snow used the town email and telephone, and his official capacity as mayor, to seek information on Wilder from the city of LaCenter, where Wilder worked in 2003.
Snow denied the allegations, saying he made the requests by phone and didn’t use town facilities.
Wilder was dismissed from LaCenter at the end of a six-month probationary period. Snow allegedly asked in July why Wilder was let go and noted Wilder was running for mayor.
Under state law, it’s illegal to use a public agency’s resources to assist a campaign for election of any person to any office.
In Wilder’s complaint is a public records request from email@example.com, sent July 26, 2013, to LaCenter Finance Director Suzanne Levis asking for records pertaining to Wilder while he worked for LaCenter and why he was fired. The request allegedly is signed by Snow.
Snow allegedly rescinded his request Aug. 2.
Wilder also alleged Coulee Dam didn’t provide him with public records he sought, including emails asking about Wilder.
Snow listed his city email, firstname.lastname@example.org, as his contact on election filing documents.
Wilder has filed several requests with Coulee Dam for public records. Most sought information about a proposed sewer plant upgrade, which he opposes.
More like this story
- 820 (2016-368 Sept. 14, 21, 28, Oct. 5, 12, 19) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT
- 820 (2016-372 Sept. 21, 28, Oct. 5, 12) IN THE TRIBAL COURT OF THE CONFEDERATED TRIBES OF THE
- 820 (2016-373 Sept. 21, 28) Town of Conconully Call for Bids
- 820 (2016-376 Sept. 28, Oct. 5) NOTICE OF HEARING
- 820 (2016-381 Sept. 28) PUBLIC NOTICE
- 820 (2016-382 Sept. 28) PUBLIC NOTICE
- 820 (2016-386 Sept. 28, Oct. 5, 12) SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON COUNTY OF CHELAN
- 800 (2016-377 Sept. 28) Notice of General Election Okanogan County, State of Washington
- 810 (2016-371 Sept. 28) STREET CLOSURE
- 810 (2016-378 Sept. 28) CITY OF OKANOGAN
Chronicle News Broadcast for Sept. 28, 2016
A Ferry County woman claims a wolf attacked her small dog, a motorhome catches fire on Highway 97, a ground breaking ceremony is planned for an Omak Stampede Museum, a look at your weekend weather, and weekly sports repor Enlarge