Wednesday, November 6, 2013
COULEE DAM Candidate Greg Wilder has filed a Public Disclosure Commission complaint against incumbent Mayor Quincy Snow, alleging Snow used his office and town resources for his campaign for re-election.
Wilder ran against Snow in the general election. Results of the Nov. 5 election were not available by press time.
Wilder contends Snow used the town email and telephone, and his official capacity as mayor, to seek information on Wilder from the city of LaCenter, where Wilder worked in 2003.
Snow denied the allegations, saying he made the requests by phone and didn’t use town facilities.
Wilder was dismissed from LaCenter at the end of a six-month probationary period. Snow allegedly asked in July why Wilder was let go and noted Wilder was running for mayor.
Under state law, it’s illegal to use a public agency’s resources to assist a campaign for election of any person to any office.
In Wilder’s complaint is a public records request from email@example.com, sent July 26, 2013, to LaCenter Finance Director Suzanne Levis asking for records pertaining to Wilder while he worked for LaCenter and why he was fired. The request allegedly is signed by Snow.
Snow allegedly rescinded his request Aug. 2.
Wilder also alleged Coulee Dam didn’t provide him with public records he sought, including emails asking about Wilder.
Snow listed his city email, firstname.lastname@example.org, as his contact on election filing documents.
Wilder has filed several requests with Coulee Dam for public records. Most sought information about a proposed sewer plant upgrade, which he opposes.
More like this story
- Engle takes state 2B javelin crown
- 3.1 million Tommee Tippee Sippee cups recalled
- Fire safety urged over holiday weekend
- Guthrie music remembered Saturday
- Youth soccer tourney results announced
- Oxygen airs show about Tonasket murder
- 800 (2016-202 May 18, 25, June 1)
- 800 (2016-213 May 18, 25) NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
- 800 (2016-214 May 18, 25) NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
- 800 (2016-233 May 25) TONASKET EMERGENCY MEDICAL SERVICES DISTRICT NOTICE
Reclamation officials talk about Conconully Lake Resort
Chronicle video by Brock Hires. Enlarge