Wednesday, November 6, 2013
COULEE DAM Candidate Greg Wilder has filed a Public Disclosure Commission complaint against incumbent Mayor Quincy Snow, alleging Snow used his office and town resources for his campaign for re-election.
Wilder ran against Snow in the general election. Results of the Nov. 5 election were not available by press time.
Wilder contends Snow used the town email and telephone, and his official capacity as mayor, to seek information on Wilder from the city of LaCenter, where Wilder worked in 2003.
Snow denied the allegations, saying he made the requests by phone and didn’t use town facilities.
Wilder was dismissed from LaCenter at the end of a six-month probationary period. Snow allegedly asked in July why Wilder was let go and noted Wilder was running for mayor.
Under state law, it’s illegal to use a public agency’s resources to assist a campaign for election of any person to any office.
In Wilder’s complaint is a public records request from firstname.lastname@example.org, sent July 26, 2013, to LaCenter Finance Director Suzanne Levis asking for records pertaining to Wilder while he worked for LaCenter and why he was fired. The request allegedly is signed by Snow.
Snow allegedly rescinded his request Aug. 2.
Wilder also alleged Coulee Dam didn’t provide him with public records he sought, including emails asking about Wilder.
Snow listed his city email, email@example.com, as his contact on election filing documents.
Wilder has filed several requests with Coulee Dam for public records. Most sought information about a proposed sewer plant upgrade, which he opposes.
More like this story
- 820 (2016-438 Nov. 23, Dec. 7) NOTICE OF TRUSTEE’S SALE PURSUANT TO THE REVISED CODE
- 820 (2016-439 Nov. 23, Dec. 7) NOTICE OF TRUSTEE’S SALE PURSUANT TO THE REVISED CODE OF
- 820 (2016-444 Nov. 9, 16, 23, 30, Dec. 7, 14) SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON
- 820 (2016-446 Nov. 16, 23, 30, Dec. 7, 14, 21) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR
- 820 (2016-456 Nov. 23, 30, Dec. 7, 14) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON
- 820 (2016-466 Nov. 23, 30, Dec. 7, 14) PUBLIC NOTICE
- 820 (2016-472 Nov. 30, Dec. 7) NORTH CENTRAL REGIONAL LIBRARY NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
- 820 (2016-473 Dec. 7, 14) Notice of Impact Aid Public Hearing
- 820 (2016-474 Dec. 7, 14, 21) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 820 (2016-475 Dec. 7) NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
Chronicle News Broadcast for Oct. 19, 2016
An Oroville woman injured in car wreck near Crumbacher, Omak house damaged by fire, thousands expected to attend Okanogan Family (Barter) Faire, Natalie Carrier talks about the Omak Zombie Fun Run, a look at your weekend weather forecast, and weekly sports report. Enlarge