Tuesday, November 5, 2013
BREWSTER David Smith Jr. has a slim two-vote lead in the preliminary tally in the race for mayor against incumbent Lee Webster.
As of Tuesday night, 62 votes have been cast for Smith and 60 for Webster.
“It’s two votes,” Webster said. “We’ll see what happens.”
Smith could not be reached for comment after preliminary results were released.
If Webster wins, this will be his third four-year term.
Okanogan County elections officials counted 6,068 ballots on Tuesday and estimate there are 2,285 left to count. The next count will be Friday, and final results will be certified Nov. 26.
The voter turnout so far is 28.46 percent.
Okanogan County Elections Administrator Mila Jury said typical off-year turn-out is around 53 percent.
More like this story
- Donations sought for Wellpinit fire victims
- Pickens North wildfire reaches 600 acres
- Crews work to line Pickens North fire
- 820 (2016-349 Aug. 24, 31) CALL for BIDS-BID No. 418-16
- Opening arguments start in Alltus murder case
- 810 (2016-346 Aug. 17, 24) NOTICE TO CONTRACTORS
- (2016-336 Aug. 10, 17, 24) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 820 (2016-347 Aug. 24)Notice The Okanogan County Transit Authority
- 820 (2016-348 Aug. 24) Notice The Okanogan County Transit Authority Board
- Meteorologists issue red flag warning
Live wildfire coverage
Pickens Mountain fire near Split Rock Road in Havillah. Footage filmed live on location 8/24/16 Enlarge