Tuesday, November 5, 2013
BREWSTER David Smith Jr. has a slim two-vote lead in the preliminary tally in the race for mayor against incumbent Lee Webster.
As of Tuesday night, 62 votes have been cast for Smith and 60 for Webster.
“It’s two votes,” Webster said. “We’ll see what happens.”
Smith could not be reached for comment after preliminary results were released.
If Webster wins, this will be his third four-year term.
Okanogan County elections officials counted 6,068 ballots on Tuesday and estimate there are 2,285 left to count. The next count will be Friday, and final results will be certified Nov. 26.
The voter turnout so far is 28.46 percent.
Okanogan County Elections Administrator Mila Jury said typical off-year turn-out is around 53 percent.
More like this story
- Athletic club adds CrossFit classes
- Bulldog going to Zags
- Records fall at Ritzville
- Tribal primary election is May 7
- Voters say no to school bond issue
- State officials gear up for wildfire season
- PUD to decide yay or nay on Enloe
- County has cash flow problem
- Tonasket wants to annex land south of town
- Drug bust lands eight people in jail
Reclamation officials talk about Conconully Lake Resort
Chronicle video by Brock Hires. Enlarge