Tuesday, November 5, 2013
BREWSTER David Smith Jr. has a slim two-vote lead in the preliminary tally in the race for mayor against incumbent Lee Webster.
As of Tuesday night, 62 votes have been cast for Smith and 60 for Webster.
“It’s two votes,” Webster said. “We’ll see what happens.”
Smith could not be reached for comment after preliminary results were released.
If Webster wins, this will be his third four-year term.
Okanogan County elections officials counted 6,068 ballots on Tuesday and estimate there are 2,285 left to count. The next count will be Friday, and final results will be certified Nov. 26.
The voter turnout so far is 28.46 percent.
Okanogan County Elections Administrator Mila Jury said typical off-year turn-out is around 53 percent.
More like this story
- Pateros forfeits Friday's football game
- Pool tournament to honor Lucas White
- Dance hall era
- Conconully Lake Resort closes
- County considers health board’s future
- High school football scores
- High winds expected Friday, Saturday
- Manson cancels football game with Okanogan
- Feed raises $5,500 for injured player
- Coachmasters claim drag racing title
State Department of Fish and Wildlife Sgt. Dan Christensen recorded this video of the release of a mama bear and her three cubs Friday, Sept. 11, 2015. The bears were captured in a tree at Esther Bricques Winery near Ellisforde. The original video was much longer. We've edited out several minutes of footage between the cubs leaving the first trap and the mama and cub leaving the second trap. Enlarge