Originally published November 5, 2013 at 10:12p.m., updated November 5, 2013 at 10:12p.m.
REPUBLIC Local resident Brian Dansel grabbed 73 percent of the Ferry County vote Tuesday night in his bid to unseat Colville’s John Smith in the race for Legislative District No. 7 senator.
Dansel received 1,476 votes to Smith’s 546, according to preliminary election returns for the county.
The district covers Pend Oreille, Stevens, Okanogan, Ferry and Spokane counties. Watch for complete coverage coming online at www.omakchronicle.com.
In other Ferry County contests:
- Storey Jackson has 73.6 percent of the vote to lead Patrick Hayes with 26.4 in the race for the school board’s No. 3 seat.
- Leo Jenkins leads Talon Venturo, 75.4 percent to 24.6 percent respectively, in the Republic Town Council race for seat No. 4.
- Local voters were calling for repeal in all five advisory votes on tax-credit revocations by the Legislature last year.
- Local voters were supporting Initiative 517 by a margin of 56.4 percent to 43.6 percent.
- Local voters were rejecting genetically-engineered food initiative 522 by a margin of 54.2 percent to 45.8 percent.
More like this story
- Crews continue battling Kettle Complex fires
- Tucannon Fire nearly contained
- Carpenter Road Fire now 45 percent contained
- Wolverine Fire meeting set for Plain
- Grant County deputy fired
- 800 (2015-448 Aug. 26, Sept 2, 9, 16) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 800 2015-453 Sept. 2) Twisp River Floodplain, SEPA 2015-7 Final SEPA Determination
- 820 (2015-379 July 29, Aug. 5, 12, 19, 26, Sept. 2) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 820 (2015-380 July 29, Aug. 5, 12, 19, 26 Sept. 2) SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON IN AND FOR THE COUNTY OF OKANOGAN
- 820 (2015-395 July 29, Aug. 5, 12, 19, 26, Sept.2) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON IN AND FOR THE COUNTY OF OKANOGAN.
Omak-Riverside Eastside Road helicopter water drop
Short clip of a helicopter dropping water on the Tunk Block Fire today along Omak-Riverside Eastside Road. Enlarge