Originally published November 5, 2013 at 10:12p.m., updated November 5, 2013 at 10:12p.m.
REPUBLIC Local resident Brian Dansel grabbed 73 percent of the Ferry County vote Tuesday night in his bid to unseat Colville’s John Smith in the race for Legislative District No. 7 senator.
Dansel received 1,476 votes to Smith’s 546, according to preliminary election returns for the county.
The district covers Pend Oreille, Stevens, Okanogan, Ferry and Spokane counties. Watch for complete coverage coming online at www.omakchronicle.com.
In other Ferry County contests:
- Storey Jackson has 73.6 percent of the vote to lead Patrick Hayes with 26.4 in the race for the school board’s No. 3 seat.
- Leo Jenkins leads Talon Venturo, 75.4 percent to 24.6 percent respectively, in the Republic Town Council race for seat No. 4.
- Local voters were calling for repeal in all five advisory votes on tax-credit revocations by the Legislature last year.
- Local voters were supporting Initiative 517 by a margin of 56.4 percent to 43.6 percent.
- Local voters were rejecting genetically-engineered food initiative 522 by a margin of 54.2 percent to 45.8 percent.
More like this story
- Engle takes state 2B javelin crown
- 3.1 million Tommee Tippee Sippee cups recalled
- Fire safety urged over holiday weekend
- Guthrie music remembered Saturday
- Youth soccer tourney results announced
- Oxygen airs show about Tonasket murder
- 800 (2016-202 May 18, 25, June 1)
- 800 (2016-213 May 18, 25) NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
- 800 (2016-214 May 18, 25) NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
- 800 (2016-233 May 25) TONASKET EMERGENCY MEDICAL SERVICES DISTRICT NOTICE
Reclamation officials talk about Conconully Lake Resort
Chronicle video by Brock Hires. Enlarge