Monday, November 4, 2013
OKANOGAN Looking for that perfect Christmas tree and a tradition to match?
Okanogan-Wenatachee and Colville national forests' officials say they have the answer - a Christmas tree permit.
The $5 permit available at ranger stations and forest offices allow a forest-goer to select and cut down a Christmas tree. Forest goers can also choose to dig up a live tree.
Only two permits are allowed per household and trees must be less than 15-feet tall. Christmas trees cannot be harvested in wilderness areas, campgrounds, developed recreation areas or tree plantations.
Once a tree is harvested, the permit must be validated and attached to the tree trunk.
Forest officials offer the following hints for a successful tree hunt:
- Let a friend know where you're going to look and when you'll return.
- Be informed on road conditions and carry a shovel and tire chains.
- Dress for winter weather
- Carry extra clothing, food and tools
Christmas tree permits may be placed on the driver’s side dashboard in lieu of a Northwest Forest Pass when parking at a trailhead. However, once enough snow accumulates and selected trailhead parking areas convert to Sno-Parks, a valid Washington State Sno-Park permit must be displayed at sno-parks.
More like this story
- 820 (2016-322 July 20, 27) STATE OF WASHINGTON DEPARTMENT OF ECOLOGY
- 820 (2016-310 July 13, 20, 27) SUPERIOR COURT, STATE OF WASHINGTON, COUNTY OF SPOKANE
- 320 (2016-317 July 27, Aug. 3) OMAK SCHOOL DISTRICT SURPLUS SALE
- 820 (2016-320 July 27) LEGAL NOTICE
- 820 (2016-323 July 20, 27, Aug. 3) SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 820 (2016-328 July 20, 27, Aug. 3) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON IN AND
- 820 (2016-330 July 27, Aug. 3, 10) SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON IN AND FOR
- 820 (2016-331 July 27, Aug. 3) INVITATION FOR RE-BIDS
- 820 (2016-332 July 27, Aug. 3) NOTICE TO CONTRACTORS
- 820 (2016-313 July 13, 20, 27, Aug. 3) IRS JUDICIAL AUCTION SALE
2016 Molson Mid-Summer Festival
Here's a clip of the annual Molson Mid-Summer Festival, June 18, 2016. Chronicle video by Brock Hires. Enlarge