Sunday, November 3, 2013
OKANOGAN The Okanogan County Parks and Recreation Board, better known as the fair board, has announced two recommendations to fill its vacancies – Monica Rawson and Justin Wilson.
County commissioners plan to consider the recommendation next week before appointing the new members, board Clerk Lanie Johns said.
Board member Bill White said the fair board “would have liked to recommend all four candidates.”
“They are all outstanding people and basically we just threw up coins so to speak and those two got the toss,” he said.
“I’m really excited that we actually had several people submit their names for fair board. That tells me people are interested and excited about the county fair.”
The other two residents to throw their hats in were Dave Yarnell and Shonta Wood.
“I’m sure the other candidates will still be there helping out as they already do and we appreciate every ounce of help they give us,” White said.
More like this story
- Level 3 sex offender moves to Riverside
- Crews respond to wildfire near Loomis
- Artists meet July 3 in Okanogan
- 11 health insurers file for 2018 individual market
- Inslee calls third special session
- AAA: 44.2 million people expected to travel Independence Day weekend
- Hospital foundation nears completion on set of projects
- Snohomish motorcyclists injured in wreck near Winthrop
- Gas prices fall 3.9 cents in past week
- Democrats plan Sunday meeting