Sunday, November 3, 2013
OKANOGAN The Okanogan County Parks and Recreation Board, better known as the fair board, has announced two recommendations to fill its vacancies – Monica Rawson and Justin Wilson.
County commissioners plan to consider the recommendation next week before appointing the new members, board Clerk Lanie Johns said.
Board member Bill White said the fair board “would have liked to recommend all four candidates.”
“They are all outstanding people and basically we just threw up coins so to speak and those two got the toss,” he said.
“I’m really excited that we actually had several people submit their names for fair board. That tells me people are interested and excited about the county fair.”
The other two residents to throw their hats in were Dave Yarnell and Shonta Wood.
“I’m sure the other candidates will still be there helping out as they already do and we appreciate every ounce of help they give us,” White said.
More like this story
- Mid-Valley Hospital emergency room doctor resigns
- Breakfast After the Bell bill draws mixed reactions
- Appeals court lets Omak man's convictions stand
- VIEW FROM THE SIDELINES: Time to save our groups, organizations
- Girls' basketball: Soap Lake pulls away from Pateros
- Boys' basketball: Omak takes half-game lead in CTL
- Free Hok ski festival planned for Sitzmark
- Former Tonasket man convicted of rape, molestation
- Red Rooster Grill aims to open February
- Raising hope, money for Yahir Corona