Sunday, November 3, 2013
OKANOGAN The Okanogan County Parks and Recreation Board, better known as the fair board, has announced two recommendations to fill its vacancies – Monica Rawson and Justin Wilson.
County commissioners plan to consider the recommendation next week before appointing the new members, board Clerk Lanie Johns said.
Board member Bill White said the fair board “would have liked to recommend all four candidates.”
“They are all outstanding people and basically we just threw up coins so to speak and those two got the toss,” he said.
“I’m really excited that we actually had several people submit their names for fair board. That tells me people are interested and excited about the county fair.”
The other two residents to throw their hats in were Dave Yarnell and Shonta Wood.
“I’m sure the other candidates will still be there helping out as they already do and we appreciate every ounce of help they give us,” White said.
More like this story
- School seeks veteran photos
- BBB warns of fake online Seahawks store
- 3,895 pounds of chicken, pork bologna recalled
- New October rainfall records set
- Lester sentenced for child rape, molestation
- Woodcutting accident causes Ferry County power outage
- Officials suspend pursuit on Profanity Peak wolves
- Work slated to begin soon on Omak DNR fire base
- New business to occupy former Hughes store in Oroville
- 810 (2016-414 Oct. 19, 26) CITY OF OKANOGAN 2017 FINAL BUDGET PUBLIC HEARING NOTICE
Chronicle News Broadcast for Oct. 19, 2016
An Oroville woman injured in car wreck near Crumbacher, Omak house damaged by fire, thousands expected to attend Okanogan Family (Barter) Faire, Natalie Carrier talks about the Omak Zombie Fun Run, a look at your weekend weather forecast, and weekly sports report. Enlarge