Sunday, November 3, 2013
OKANOGAN The Okanogan County Parks and Recreation Board, better known as the fair board, has announced two recommendations to fill its vacancies – Monica Rawson and Justin Wilson.
County commissioners plan to consider the recommendation next week before appointing the new members, board Clerk Lanie Johns said.
Board member Bill White said the fair board “would have liked to recommend all four candidates.”
“They are all outstanding people and basically we just threw up coins so to speak and those two got the toss,” he said.
“I’m really excited that we actually had several people submit their names for fair board. That tells me people are interested and excited about the county fair.”
The other two residents to throw their hats in were Dave Yarnell and Shonta Wood.
“I’m sure the other candidates will still be there helping out as they already do and we appreciate every ounce of help they give us,” White said.
More like this story
- Travel safety urged
- Winter storm brings school delays
- Winter storm warning issued
- Court denies ATV case review
- Three Devils case heads to appeals court
- Holiday Twinkies recalled
- 810 (2017-009 Jan. 11, 18) REQUEST FOR QUALIFICATIONS (RFQ)
- 820 (2017-001 Jan. 4, 11)
- 820 (2017-006 Jan. 11) PUBLIC NOTICE
- 820 (2017-007 Jan. 11) SMALL WORKS APPLICATIONS
Chronicle News Broadcast for Oct. 19, 2016
An Oroville woman injured in car wreck near Crumbacher, Omak house damaged by fire, thousands expected to attend Okanogan Family (Barter) Faire, Natalie Carrier talks about the Omak Zombie Fun Run, a look at your weekend weather forecast, and weekly sports report. Enlarge