Friday, November 1, 2013
REPUBLIC The National Weather Service has issued a winter storm watch for Ferry County and portions of the North Cascades.
Meanwhile, a hazardous weather alert continues for the Okanogan Valley and Grand Coulee areas.
"The first heavy snow of the season is expected this weekend in the mountains for elevations above 4,000 feet," the National Weather Service reported Friday. "And snow levels will continue to fall Saturday night into Sunday, bottoming out around 3,000 feet."
The winter storm watch is in effect from 10 p.m. today until 4 p.m. Sunday.
According to meteorologists, the "heaviest accumulations" will affect driving conditions in Sherman Pass as well as routes through the North Cascades.
Meteorologists are also predicting snowfall along Chesaw Road, Boulder Creek Road and in the Wauconda area.
Mountain snow accumulation is expected to be 5-9 inches, with areas above 5,000 feet seeing localized totals of 14 inches. Winds gusting from 35-45 mph Saturday night could create some near white-out conditions, meteorlogists said.
"Heavy snow accumulations on mountain roads will make travel difficult and hazardous Saturday and Saturday night," the Weather Service reported.
Lower elevations may be spared previously predicted snowfall.
"A vigorous storm system will bring wet and windy weather" to the Okanogan Valley and the Columbia Basin over the weekend, the Weather Service reported.
Rain and wind are expected to roll into the Okanogan Valley and Grand Coulee by tomorrow.
More like this story
- 820 (2016-368 Sept. 14, 21, 28, Oct. 5, 12, 19) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT
- 820 (2016-372 Sept. 21, 28, Oct. 5, 12) IN THE TRIBAL COURT OF THE CONFEDERATED TRIBES OF THE
- 820 (2016-373 Sept. 21, 28) Town of Conconully Call for Bids
- 820 (2016-376 Sept. 28, Oct. 5) NOTICE OF HEARING
- 820 (2016-381 Sept. 28) PUBLIC NOTICE
- 820 (2016-382 Sept. 28) PUBLIC NOTICE
- 820 (2016-386 Sept. 28, Oct. 5, 12) SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON COUNTY OF CHELAN
- 800 (2016-377 Sept. 28) Notice of General Election Okanogan County, State of Washington
- 810 (2016-371 Sept. 28) STREET CLOSURE
- 810 (2016-378 Sept. 28) CITY OF OKANOGAN
Chronicle News Broadcast for Sept. 28, 2016
A Ferry County woman claims a wolf attacked her small dog, a motorhome catches fire on Highway 97, a ground breaking ceremony is planned for an Omak Stampede Museum, a look at your weekend weather, and weekly sports repor Enlarge