Friday, November 1, 2013
NESPELEM The body of a local woman was found shortly before 5 p.m. Thursday.
Colville Tribal Police identified the body as that of 29-year-old Maria Victoria Sanchez.
The location of Sanchez's body and the details surrounding who found it were not being released to the public.
"At this time the case is still under investigation and no other details are being released," Police Chief Cory Orr said in a written statement.
"The cause of death is unknown at this time and is pending the outcome of a medical examination scheduled for Sunday."
More like this story
- Week 8: Friday night football scores
- Candidates share opinions in Okanogan
- Fire damages Omak house
- County faces $87,000 bill for Rabidou lawsuit
- Where is the election funding coming from?
- No steelhead season this winter
- Debate team host carnival tonight
- Power outage planned in Tonasket-area tonight
- Snowfall expected along North Cascade Highway
- 810 (2016-410 Oct. 19) SUMMARY OF ORDINANCE NO. 877
Chronicle News Broadcast for Oct. 19, 2016
An Oroville woman injured in car wreck near Crumbacher, Omak house damaged by fire, thousands expected to attend Okanogan Family (Barter) Faire, Natalie Carrier talks about the Omak Zombie Fun Run, a look at your weekend weather forecast, and weekly sports report. Enlarge