Friday, November 1, 2013
NESPELEM The body of a local woman was found shortly before 5 p.m. Thursday.
Colville Tribal Police identified the body as that of 29-year-old Maria Victoria Sanchez.
The location of Sanchez's body and the details surrounding who found it were not being released to the public.
"At this time the case is still under investigation and no other details are being released," Police Chief Cory Orr said in a written statement.
"The cause of death is unknown at this time and is pending the outcome of a medical examination scheduled for Sunday."
More like this story
- Proposal would change name of Squaw Creek
- Russian hackers tried to get into state election system -- and failed
- Extension hosts Women in Agriculture conference
- Woodcutting restrictions reduced in forest
- 'Healing the Columbia' features tribal members
- State delays fisher reintroduction in North Cascades
- Diamond Creek Fire 70 percent contained
- AAA: Truck safety technology can prevent crashes
- Methow school board meetings changed
- Concert features Turkish music duo