Friday, November 1, 2013
NESPELEM The body of a local woman was found shortly before 5 p.m. Thursday.
Colville Tribal Police identified the body as that of 29-year-old Maria Victoria Sanchez.
The location of Sanchez's body and the details surrounding who found it were not being released to the public.
"At this time the case is still under investigation and no other details are being released," Police Chief Cory Orr said in a written statement.
"The cause of death is unknown at this time and is pending the outcome of a medical examination scheduled for Sunday."
More like this story
- Dance hall era
- Conconully Lake Resort closes
- County considers health board’s future
- High school football scores
- High winds expected Friday, Saturday
- Manson cancels football game with Okanogan
- Feed raises $5,500 for injured player
- Coachmasters claim drag racing title
- Escamilla runs to top freshman time
- Brewster, Okanogan gain league wins
State Department of Fish and Wildlife Sgt. Dan Christensen recorded this video of the release of a mama bear and her three cubs Friday, Sept. 11, 2015. The bears were captured in a tree at Esther Bricques Winery near Ellisforde. The original video was much longer. We've edited out several minutes of footage between the cubs leaving the first trap and the mama and cub leaving the second trap. Enlarge