Friday, November 1, 2013
NESPELEM The body of a local woman was found shortly before 5 p.m. Thursday.
Colville Tribal Police identified the body as that of 29-year-old Maria Victoria Sanchez.
The location of Sanchez's body and the details surrounding who found it were not being released to the public.
"At this time the case is still under investigation and no other details are being released," Police Chief Cory Orr said in a written statement.
"The cause of death is unknown at this time and is pending the outcome of a medical examination scheduled for Sunday."
- Electricity may be restored tomorrow to Omak flatsElectricity should be restored by late Friday to areas of the Omak flats and Riverside Cutoff, Greenacres and Johnson Creek ...
- High winds to fan Ferry County firesIntense fire behavior is expected today throughout Ferry County as officials from the National Weather Service are predicting high winds ...
- North Star Fire continues burning northwardThe North Star Fire, burning mostly on the Colville Indian Reservation, has blackened 170,000 acres of forest, brush and grass.
- Leads sought on homemade bomb in Grant CountyA homemade explosive device found along a road Wednesday evening was neutralized by the Richland Police Bomb Squad and Grant ...
More like this story
- Electricity may be restored tomorrow to Omak flats
- High winds to fan Ferry County fires
- North Star Fire continues burning northward
- Leads sought on homemade bomb in Grant County
- Donation center open to all fire victims
- Red Flag Warning issued for winds, low humidity
- Fire relief center set up in downtown Okanogan
- North Star Fire continues, more evacuation notices issued
- Okanogan Complex now 17 percent contained
- Carpenter Road Fire grows 457 acres overnight
Omak-Riverside Eastside Road helicopter water drop
Short clip of a helicopter dropping water on the Tunk Block Fire today along Omak-Riverside Eastside Road. Enlarge