Wednesday, May 29, 2013
RV park expansion begins in Brewster
BREWSTER – Work has begun on the city’s RV park expansion, located off South Seventh Street.
The project will add six full hook-up sites, sprucing up the former three overflow slots that only provided electricity, Public Works Director J.D. Smith said.
He estimated the project should be finished within two to three weeks. The Goehry Memorial Basketball Court on Cliff Avenue is making a comeback as well and should be finished in about the same time, Smith said.
City continues task force participation
OKANOGAN – The city will continue to be part of the North Central Washington Narcotics Task Force.
The City Council, during its May 21 meeting, agreed to pay $2,000 to continue as a member of the multi-jurisdictional drug-fighting agency. In other business, the council approved franchise and garbage pickup agreements with Upper Valley Disposal, Oroville. The company serves the Fowler Addition at the south end of town.
More like this story
- Commissioners to make decision on fair date
- Thew named Chronicle managing editor
- Special fair advisory meeting planned tonight
- Kettle Complex fires see ‘increased’ fire behavior
- Crews continue battling Kettle Complex fires
- Tucannon Fire nearly contained
- Carpenter Road Fire now 45 percent contained
- Wolverine Fire meeting set for Plain
- Grant County deputy fired
- 800 (2015-448 Aug. 26, Sept 2, 9, 16) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
Omak-Riverside Eastside Road helicopter water drop
Short clip of a helicopter dropping water on the Tunk Block Fire today along Omak-Riverside Eastside Road. Enlarge