Wednesday, May 29, 2013
RV park expansion begins in Brewster
BREWSTER – Work has begun on the city’s RV park expansion, located off South Seventh Street.
The project will add six full hook-up sites, sprucing up the former three overflow slots that only provided electricity, Public Works Director J.D. Smith said.
He estimated the project should be finished within two to three weeks. The Goehry Memorial Basketball Court on Cliff Avenue is making a comeback as well and should be finished in about the same time, Smith said.
City continues task force participation
OKANOGAN – The city will continue to be part of the North Central Washington Narcotics Task Force.
The City Council, during its May 21 meeting, agreed to pay $2,000 to continue as a member of the multi-jurisdictional drug-fighting agency. In other business, the council approved franchise and garbage pickup agreements with Upper Valley Disposal, Oroville. The company serves the Fowler Addition at the south end of town.
More like this story
- Yakima woman dies in Omak crash
- TwispWorks plans fundraiser dinner
- Snake River to open for fall Chinook salmon fishing
- September hearing anticipated for Sinixt hunting caste
- Communications tower proposed for Little Buck Mountain
- Ag department finds female gypsy moths
- First Tuesday event focuses on bluebirds
- Anglers may retain unclipped Chinook on the Entiat River starting Friday, Aug. 18
- Okanogan County Fair registration under way
- Artist to Artist event set for Twisp