Originally published May 29, 2013 at 12:00a.m., updated October 1, 2013 at 04:47p.m.
Public utility district needs lower wages
I agree with Editor Roger Harnack! We should all be outraged at a 13 percent increase two years in a row for Okanogan County PUD rates!
I also agree that ratepayers should demand a healthy reduction in administrative salaries. If the 13 percent rate increases are implemented in this county in Washington state, you will be driving more people off the taxpayer rolls because it cannot be afforded. Strange that when the Okanogan County PUD billing went from bimonthly to monthly, the charges were nearly as high as the bimonthly rate.
Maybe the Okanogan County PUD should have thought of expenses years ago when they spent millions of dollars on the worthless generators that were never used, or the millions spent on the new PUD building in Okanogan.
Remember the “public” in PUD? Reduce the wages, like we all have to reduce our own expenses to survive with this administration.
Or are the conservatives just being targeted?
Laurel M. McDaniel
- Pickens Mountain blaze reaches 35 acresOkanogan County Emergency Management officials said state Department of Natural Resource crews are advising a wildfire burning east of town ...
- Opening arguments start in Alltus murder caseOKANOGAN – Opening arguments and prosecution testimony began this morning in Okanogan County Superior Court for the October 2014 death ...
More like this story
- Pickens Mountain blaze reaches 35 acres
- Opening arguments start in Alltus murder case
- Meteorologists issue red flag warning
- Nearly $6,000 raised for motorcyclist’s family
- Hospital board does interview without search
- Tonasket strip club just a rumor
- District delayed in CEO firing
- Fire crews called to multiple fires following lightning storm
- Kennedy, Branch, Hover and Thrasher move on to General Election
- 810 (2016-343 Aug. 17) Notice of Public Hearing
2016 Molson Mid-Summer Festival
Here's a clip of the annual Molson Mid-Summer Festival, June 18, 2016. Chronicle video by Brock Hires. Enlarge