Wednesday, May 29, 2013
OKANOGAN A 30-year-old Omak man has been charged in Okanogan County Superior Court in the death of another man in a vehicle crash.
Michael Martin Moore faces charges of vehicular homicide, hit-and-run fatality and making a false or misleading statement to a public servant after a vehicle crash in which Ryan L. Porter, 21, Omak, died early April 28.
Moore was arrested that evening at 718 Jackson St., Omak, and booked into the Colville Tribal Corrections Facility in Nespelem.
Moore was charged on May 17 in county court and transferred to the county jail May 22.
Bail was set at $75,000.
Porter died at the crash scene, 338 Rodeo Trail Road, Colville Tribal Police Chief Cory Orr said.
Police were called at 1:53 a.m.
The vehicle overturned and trapped Porter inside.
More like this story
- Tucannon Fire reaches 2,700 acres
- Carpenter Road fire still growing
- Rain helps crews battle Ferry County fires
- Trudi Inslee visits fire areas today
- Public meeting about fires is today in Nespelem
- Crews gaining ground on Colville Complex
- Goodell Fire burning along highway
- Crews brace for fire growth near Wellpinit
- North Cascades could reopen Sunday
- Ferry County prepares for storm
Omak-Riverside Eastside Road helicopter water drop
Short clip of a helicopter dropping water on the Tunk Block Fire today along Omak-Riverside Eastside Road. Enlarge