Wednesday, May 29, 2013
OKANOGAN A 30-year-old Omak man has been charged in Okanogan County Superior Court in the death of another man in a vehicle crash.
Michael Martin Moore faces charges of vehicular homicide, hit-and-run fatality and making a false or misleading statement to a public servant after a vehicle crash in which Ryan L. Porter, 21, Omak, died early April 28.
Moore was arrested that evening at 718 Jackson St., Omak, and booked into the Colville Tribal Corrections Facility in Nespelem.
Moore was charged on May 17 in county court and transferred to the county jail May 22.
Bail was set at $75,000.
Porter died at the crash scene, 338 Rodeo Trail Road, Colville Tribal Police Chief Cory Orr said.
Police were called at 1:53 a.m.
The vehicle overturned and trapped Porter inside.
More like this story
- Business Council Chairman Boyd has died
- Do-it-yourself fireworks show in limbo
- Small fires, smoke checks reported
- Colville Tribal election returns too close to call
- Okanogan County ATV ordinance ruled invalid
- New wolf pack confirmed in Ferry County
- Safe 'n' Sane fireworks allowed in part of Omak
- 800 (2016-259 June 15, 22) Superior Court Clerk is requesting proposals
- 800 (2016-262 June 22) Notice of Primary Election
- 800 (2016-266 June 15, 22, 29, July 6, 13, 20) SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON,
2016 Molson Mid-Summer Festival
Here's a clip of the annual Molson Mid-Summer Festival, June 18, 2016. Chronicle video by Brock Hires. Enlarge