Wednesday, May 29, 2013
OKANOGAN A 30-year-old Omak man has been charged in Okanogan County Superior Court in the death of another man in a vehicle crash.
Michael Martin Moore faces charges of vehicular homicide, hit-and-run fatality and making a false or misleading statement to a public servant after a vehicle crash in which Ryan L. Porter, 21, Omak, died early April 28.
Moore was arrested that evening at 718 Jackson St., Omak, and booked into the Colville Tribal Corrections Facility in Nespelem.
Moore was charged on May 17 in county court and transferred to the county jail May 22.
Bail was set at $75,000.
Porter died at the crash scene, 338 Rodeo Trail Road, Colville Tribal Police Chief Cory Orr said.
Police were called at 1:53 a.m.
The vehicle overturned and trapped Porter inside.
More like this story
- Donations sought for Wellpinit fire victims
- Pickens North wildfire reaches 600 acres
- Crews work to line Pickens North fire
- 820 (2016-349 Aug. 24, 31) CALL for BIDS-BID No. 418-16
- Opening arguments start in Alltus murder case
- 810 (2016-346 Aug. 17, 24) NOTICE TO CONTRACTORS
- (2016-336 Aug. 10, 17, 24) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 820 (2016-347 Aug. 24)Notice The Okanogan County Transit Authority
- 820 (2016-348 Aug. 24) Notice The Okanogan County Transit Authority Board
- Meteorologists issue red flag warning
Live wildfire coverage
Pickens Mountain fire near Split Rock Road in Havillah. Footage filmed live on location 8/24/16 Enlarge