Wednesday, May 29, 2013
CURLEW Barrel Derby Day will be Sunday, June 2, with meals, athletic contests, a parade and the annual barrel float.
A firefighters’ breakfast is from 7-10 a.m., with a barbecued beef dinner following from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
A fun run is set for 9:30 a.m. A hoop jam runs during the day.
The barrel will go in the Kettle River at noon. People can buy tickets and guess how long it will take for the barrel to float from the Midway bridge to at the Curlew bridge.
A parade is set for 2 p.m.
The Ansorge Hotel Museum, on state Highway 21, and the Husky Car and Truck Museum, 17812 state Highway 21, both will be open.
The Ansorge will be open from 1-4 p.m. It normally is open only on Saturdays from late May to late August.
The hotel was built by Bill and Betty Ansorge in 1903, when the Great Northern Railroad came to town. It sat adjacent to the tracks, which were removed in 2006.
The Husky Car and Truck Museum and Steam-powered Sawmill Exhibit will be open from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. It’s open on Saturdays and Sundays through Labor Day weekend.
The museum’s collection includes several rare vehicles.
The reconstructed Lembcke sawmill also is on display, along with antique farm machinery and a blacksmith shop.
Admission to both museums is by donation.
More like this story
- Donations sought for Wellpinit fire victims
- Pickens North wildfire reaches 600 acres
- Crews work to line Pickens North fire
- 820 (2016-349 Aug. 24, 31) CALL for BIDS-BID No. 418-16
- Opening arguments start in Alltus murder case
- 810 (2016-346 Aug. 17, 24) NOTICE TO CONTRACTORS
- (2016-336 Aug. 10, 17, 24) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 820 (2016-347 Aug. 24)Notice The Okanogan County Transit Authority
- 820 (2016-348 Aug. 24) Notice The Okanogan County Transit Authority Board
- Meteorologists issue red flag warning
Live wildfire coverage
Pickens Mountain fire near Split Rock Road in Havillah. Footage filmed live on location 8/24/16 Enlarge