Wednesday, May 29, 2013
CURLEW Barrel Derby Day will be Sunday, June 2, with meals, athletic contests, a parade and the annual barrel float.
A firefighters’ breakfast is from 7-10 a.m., with a barbecued beef dinner following from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
A fun run is set for 9:30 a.m. A hoop jam runs during the day.
The barrel will go in the Kettle River at noon. People can buy tickets and guess how long it will take for the barrel to float from the Midway bridge to at the Curlew bridge.
A parade is set for 2 p.m.
The Ansorge Hotel Museum, on state Highway 21, and the Husky Car and Truck Museum, 17812 state Highway 21, both will be open.
The Ansorge will be open from 1-4 p.m. It normally is open only on Saturdays from late May to late August.
The hotel was built by Bill and Betty Ansorge in 1903, when the Great Northern Railroad came to town. It sat adjacent to the tracks, which were removed in 2006.
The Husky Car and Truck Museum and Steam-powered Sawmill Exhibit will be open from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. It’s open on Saturdays and Sundays through Labor Day weekend.
The museum’s collection includes several rare vehicles.
The reconstructed Lembcke sawmill also is on display, along with antique farm machinery and a blacksmith shop.
Admission to both museums is by donation.
More like this story
- 49 state patrol troopers sworn in
- Omak bond measure failing in initial returns
- 810 (2017-105 April 26) CITY OF OKANOGAN, WASHINGTON ORDINANCE NO. 1175
- 810 (2017-106 April 26) Notice of Application
- 820 (2017-092 April 19, 26) The Colville Tribal Correctional Facility (CTCF) is issuing a Request
- 820 (2017-093 April 19, 26) The Colville Tribal Correctional Facility (CTCF) is issuing a Request
- 820 (2017-094 April 19, 26) The Colville Tribal Correctional Facility (CTCF) is issuing a Request
- 820 (2017-097 April 19, 26, May 3) NOTICE TO CREDITORS
- 820 (2017-098 April 19, 26) CALL FOR BIDS.
- 820 (2017-102 April 26) The Town of Riverside is seeking applications for Town Council Position No.1.