Wednesday, May 29, 2013
CURLEW Barrel Derby Day will be Sunday, June 2, with meals, athletic contests, a parade and the annual barrel float.
A firefighters’ breakfast is from 7-10 a.m., with a barbecued beef dinner following from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
A fun run is set for 9:30 a.m. A hoop jam runs during the day.
The barrel will go in the Kettle River at noon. People can buy tickets and guess how long it will take for the barrel to float from the Midway bridge to at the Curlew bridge.
A parade is set for 2 p.m.
The Ansorge Hotel Museum, on state Highway 21, and the Husky Car and Truck Museum, 17812 state Highway 21, both will be open.
The Ansorge will be open from 1-4 p.m. It normally is open only on Saturdays from late May to late August.
The hotel was built by Bill and Betty Ansorge in 1903, when the Great Northern Railroad came to town. It sat adjacent to the tracks, which were removed in 2006.
The Husky Car and Truck Museum and Steam-powered Sawmill Exhibit will be open from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. It’s open on Saturdays and Sundays through Labor Day weekend.
The museum’s collection includes several rare vehicles.
The reconstructed Lembcke sawmill also is on display, along with antique farm machinery and a blacksmith shop.
Admission to both museums is by donation.
More like this story
- Business Council Chairman Boyd has died
- Do-it-yourself fireworks show in limbo
- Small fires, smoke checks reported
- Colville Tribal election returns too close to call
- Okanogan County ATV ordinance ruled invalid
- New wolf pack confirmed in Ferry County
- Safe 'n' Sane fireworks allowed in part of Omak
- 800 (2016-259 June 15, 22) Superior Court Clerk is requesting proposals
- 800 (2016-262 June 22) Notice of Primary Election
- 800 (2016-266 June 15, 22, 29, July 6, 13, 20) SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON,
2016 Molson Mid-Summer Festival
Here's a clip of the annual Molson Mid-Summer Festival, June 18, 2016. Chronicle video by Brock Hires. Enlarge