Wednesday, May 29, 2013
CURLEW Barrel Derby Day will be Sunday, June 2, with meals, athletic contests, a parade and the annual barrel float.
A firefighters’ breakfast is from 7-10 a.m., with a barbecued beef dinner following from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
A fun run is set for 9:30 a.m. A hoop jam runs during the day.
The barrel will go in the Kettle River at noon. People can buy tickets and guess how long it will take for the barrel to float from the Midway bridge to at the Curlew bridge.
A parade is set for 2 p.m.
The Ansorge Hotel Museum, on state Highway 21, and the Husky Car and Truck Museum, 17812 state Highway 21, both will be open.
The Ansorge will be open from 1-4 p.m. It normally is open only on Saturdays from late May to late August.
The hotel was built by Bill and Betty Ansorge in 1903, when the Great Northern Railroad came to town. It sat adjacent to the tracks, which were removed in 2006.
The Husky Car and Truck Museum and Steam-powered Sawmill Exhibit will be open from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. It’s open on Saturdays and Sundays through Labor Day weekend.
The museum’s collection includes several rare vehicles.
The reconstructed Lembcke sawmill also is on display, along with antique farm machinery and a blacksmith shop.
Admission to both museums is by donation.
- Last-minute Giving Tree donations soughtAdditional donors are asked to step up and select tags from the Giving Tree, which benefits clients of the Support ...
- Additional donations sought for Christmas basketsAdditional donations of food and cash are sought to help Omak-Okanogan Christmas Basket Project organizers reach their goal of 200 ...
More like this story
- Burn ban extended for Methow Valley
- Last-minute Giving Tree donations sought
- Additional donations sought for Christmas baskets
- New NVH commissioners sworn in
- Local fans wait for 'The Last Jedi'
- Healthplanfinder sign up deadline looms
- Omak football fundraiser fruit arrives, pick up is now
- U.S. Navy sends apology letter to school
- Boys' basketball: Okanogan comes from behind to top Omak, 62-53
- Girls' basketball: Omak hangs on for 40-37 win over Okanogan