Wednesday, May 29, 2013
OMAK — Wenatchee Valley College at Omak student Katherine Repp recently was named to the All-Washington Academic Team and was awarded a scholarship.
She will be recognized by the college’s trustees this month.
Repp earned a $500 All-Washington Scholarship.
She is studying nursing and completing an associate of arts and sciences degree.
Repp works at a bookstore in Winthrop, writes and reviews articles for the Omak campus Publishing Club, and volunteers at Jamie’s Place, where she assists seniors with daily activities. She hopes to one day work as a nurse anesthetist.
Omak inducts Honor Society members
OMAK — Omak High School inducted 13 new members into National Honor Society on May 23.
New members are Haley Little, Diane Hilderbrand, Michayla Hassing, Abigail Hale, Kellie Foth, Hannah Love, Jasmair Bains, Alex Aguilar, Camille Bolton, Karen Delgado, Taylor Coffell, Daniela Carroll and Danielle Berntsen.
All the inductees have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.75 and had to submit an essay discussing their community service, a resume, and two confidential letters of recommendation.
Republic grad heads to West Point
REPUBLIC — Kenny McGaffey, a 2012 Republic High School graduate, has been accepted into the U.S. Military Academy at West Point.
He has been attending the University of Washington, but recently won a nomination from U.S. Rep. Cathy McMorris Rodgers.
He will report to the New York academy July 1 and said he hopes to study computer warfare.
He has been studying computer science and engineering at the University of Washington.
County pair earns Oregon State degrees
CORVALLIS, Ore. — Two students from Okanogan County are among more than 5,200 to earn degrees from Oregon State University this spring.
Local graduates are Jaime Hunt, Coulee Dam, bachelor of science in anthropology, and Jessica M. Utt, Riverside, bachelor of science in rangeland sciences.
Omak student earns dance degree
MARSHALL, Mo. — Rachel LaGrou, Omak, has graduated from Missouri Valley College with a bachelor of arts in dance.
Missouri Valley College conferred degrees at its 124th commencement ceremonies on May 4.
She is the daughter of Joe and Shelly LaGrou.
Curlew resident receives degree
PORTLAND, Ore. — Curlew resident Sacha Hall has received a bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering from the University of Portland.
Commencement exercises were May 4-5.
More like this story
- Lightning sparks several small fires
- Results for the Tonasket Truck and Tractor Pull announced
- 820 (2016-322 July 20, 27) STATE OF WASHINGTON DEPARTMENT OF ECOLOGY
- 820 (2016-310 July 13, 20, 27) SUPERIOR COURT, STATE OF WASHINGTON, COUNTY OF SPOKANE
- 320 (2016-317 July 27, Aug. 3) OMAK SCHOOL DISTRICT SURPLUS SALE
- 820 (2016-320 July 27) LEGAL NOTICE
- 820 (2016-323 July 20, 27, Aug. 3) SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 820 (2016-328 July 20, 27, Aug. 3) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON IN AND
- 820 (2016-330 July 27, Aug. 3, 10) SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON IN AND FOR
- 820 (2016-331 July 27, Aug. 3) INVITATION FOR RE-BIDS
2016 Molson Mid-Summer Festival
Here's a clip of the annual Molson Mid-Summer Festival, June 18, 2016. Chronicle video by Brock Hires. Enlarge