Sunday, May 26, 2013
BREWSTER Ernesto “Ernie” Santos of Brewster recently was named Coach of the Year for soccer in the Caribou Trail League.
Eduardo Perez of Quincy was named Player of the Year.
Omak received the team sportsmanship award.
First team: Arturo Ramos, Fabian Rodriguez, Jason Perez and Justin Rivas of Okanogan; Edwin Tinoco of Brewster; Omar Sanchez of Cascade; Jesus Chavarin, Eduardo Perez and Francisco Alejandrez of Quincy; and Julio Vera, Juan Garcia and Eleazar Galvan of Chelan.
Second team: Enrique Vargas of Okanogan; Orlando Romero, Andy Vargas, Enrique Rivera and Danny Contreras of Quincy; Guillermo Sanchez, Fabian Alvarez and Omar Solis of Cascade; Jonathan Sanchez, Mario Pamatz and Christian Talavera of Brewster; Erik Garcia and Ivan Magdelano of Chelan.
Honorable mention: Mario Hernandez and Lauro Rodriguez of Omak; Juan Galvez, Alejandro Angulo and Diego Avina of Chelan; Joel Cosino, Chewy Alvarez and Brayson Hires of Tonasket; and Cesar Rendon of Brewster.
- Electricity may be restored tomorrow to Omak flatsElectricity should be restored by late Friday to areas of the Omak flats and Riverside Cutoff, Greenacres and Johnson Creek ...
- High winds to fan Ferry County firesIntense fire behavior is expected today throughout Ferry County as officials from the National Weather Service are predicting high winds ...
- North Star Fire continues burning northwardThe North Star Fire, burning mostly on the Colville Indian Reservation, has blackened 170,000 acres of forest, brush and grass.
- Leads sought on homemade bomb in Grant CountyA homemade explosive device found along a road Wednesday evening was neutralized by the Richland Police Bomb Squad and Grant ...
More like this story
- Electricity may be restored tomorrow to Omak flats
- High winds to fan Ferry County fires
- North Star Fire continues burning northward
- Leads sought on homemade bomb in Grant County
- Donation center open to all fire victims
- Red Flag Warning issued for winds, low humidity
- Fire relief center set up in downtown Okanogan
- North Star Fire continues, more evacuation notices issued
- Okanogan Complex now 17 percent contained
- Carpenter Road Fire grows 457 acres overnight
Omak-Riverside Eastside Road helicopter water drop
Short clip of a helicopter dropping water on the Tunk Block Fire today along Omak-Riverside Eastside Road. Enlarge