Sunday, May 26, 2013
WINTHROP Andrew Ryan of Liberty Bell, whose pitching included a perfect game, recently was named Most Valuable Player in the northern division of the Central Washington League.
On the other end of the battery, Milo Holston of Liberty Bell was named Catcher of the Year.
Brady Black of Lake Roosevelt was named Player of the Year.
Bob VanLith of Pateros was named Coach of the Year.
Bridgeport received the sportsmanship award.
First team: Creston Wilson and Mikey Piechalski of Pateros; Kendall Piccolo and Tim Loch of Lake Roosevelt; Chase Kurtz, David Dinsmore, Morgan Palm and Derek Alumbaugh of Liberty Bell; and Cam Cavadini of Bridgeport.
Second team: Lance Evans and Jonathan Gelstin of Pateros; Boone McKinney of Oroville; Devan Black of Lake Roosevelt; Riley Calvert and Chip Jones of Liberty Bell; Mike Garza and Raja Cruz of Bridgeport; and Mikey Pittman of Manson.
Honorable mention: Chance Garvin and Justice DeWinkler of Lake Roosevelt; Carlos Ceniceros of Pateros; Cole Darwood of Liberty Bell; Ivan Saucedo, David Shumate and Jose Garcia of Bridgeport; Travis Pittman of Manson; and Casey Martin of Oroville.
CASHMERE – Dylan Tarver of Cashmere recently was named Player of the Year for Caribou Trail League baseball.
Jeff Carlson of Cashmere was named Coach of the Year.
Cascade received the team sportsmanship award.
First team: Easton Driessen and Timbo Taylor of Brewster; Derek Darlington and Nolan Pulse of Cascade; Mason Elliot and Devin Knight of Cashmere; Luke Gleasman and Chuy Pascasio of Chelan; Clay Ashworth of Okanogan.
Second team: Mitch Boesel and Arian Urias of Brewster; Austin Murdock, Tristan Parton and Jesse Ward of Cascade; Connor Badgley, Nathan Griffith and Bryan McNair of Cashmere; and Nick Lopez, Quincy.
Honorable mention: Hayden Bayha and Raul Olivera of Brewster; Mike Allen of Cascade; Aaron Schramm and Jared Anderson of Chelan; Tyler Morris and Jim Townsend of Okanogan; Tim Rubio of Omak; Anthony Navarro, Ernie Serrano and Chad Omlin of Quincy; and John Rawley of Tonasket.
REPUBLIC – Adam Leonard and Aaron Fritts recently were honored as all-league baseball players in the Panorama League.
Leonard is a senior pitcher, catcher and third baseman, coach Mike White said.
Fritts is a freshman pitcher and shortstop.
- Level 3 sex offender moves to RiversideA level 3 sex offender has moved to the 00 block of Blue Moon Road, Riverside. The 43-year-old man notified ...
- Crews respond to wildfire near LoomisFire crews from the state Department of Natural Resources, U.S. Forest Service and the Loomis Fire Department are on the ...
More like this story
- Level 3 sex offender moves to Riverside
- Crews respond to wildfire near Loomis
- Artists meet July 3 in Okanogan
- 11 health insurers file for 2018 individual market
- Inslee calls third special session
- AAA: 44.2 million people expected to travel Independence Day weekend
- Hospital foundation nears completion on set of projects
- Snohomish motorcyclists injured in wreck near Winthrop
- Gas prices fall 3.9 cents in past week
- Democrats plan Sunday meeting