Sunday, May 26, 2013
TONASKET Ceremonies to honor fallen veterans are planned in town as groups and individuals around the region mark Memorial Day on Monday, May 27.
Tonasket American Legion’s first ceremony will be at 9 a.m. on the Fourth Street bridge. From there, members will go to the Tonasket Cemetery, 702 county Highway 7, and then to the U.S. Armed Forces Legacy memorial, 1 Tonasket Shop Road.
Other ceremonies planned around the region on Monday:
• Chiliwist Cemetery, intersection of Old Highway 97 and Chiliwist Road, 8 a.m.
After that, Okanogan American Legion Post No. 56 will move to the Malott Community Cemetery on North Malott Road, Spring Coulee Cemetery on Dry Coulee Road just off Spring Coulee Road, Okanogan Valley Memorial Gardens on the Conconully Highway near Root Lane, Okanogan City Cemetery on Cemetery Road, Omak Memorial Cemetery on North Fourth Avenue in Okanogan, and Riverside Cemetery on U.S. Highway 97 just south of town.
The group usually wraps up the six-cemetery tour by noon.
• Pateros Cemetery, 103 Cemetery Road, 9 a.m.
• Columbia River bridge in Brewster, 9:30 a.m., wreath ceremony and helicopter fly-by.
• Packwood Cemetery, four miles south of the Brewster bridge on the Douglas County side of the Columbia River, 10 a.m.
• Fort Okanogan Cemetery, state Highway 17, a half-mile east of the intersection with U.S. Highway 97, 11 a.m.
• Brewster (Locust Grove) Cemetery, Locust Avenue, 11:30 a.m.
• Brewster American Legion Post No. 97, 102 N. Main St., noon.
• Veterans Hall, state Highway 155 in Electric City, pancake breakfast 6:30-10 a.m.
• Spring Canyon Cemetery, Spring Canyon Campground Road off state Highway 174, Grand Coulee, Isle of Flags dedication at 11 a.m.
• St. Mary’s Mission Cemetery, 25 Mission Road, Omak, 9 a.m.
• Monse Cemetery, U.S. Highway 97 south of the Monse bridge, 10 a.m.
• Chiliwist Cemetery, near the intersection of Old Highway 97 and Chiliwist Road, 10:30 a.m.
• Ellisforde Cemetery, off U.S. Highway 97 at Ellisforde, 11:30 a.m.
• Nespelem American Legion Post No. 114 will visit cemeteries in the Nespelem, Keller and Inchelium areas.
• Riverview Cemetery, two miles south of Oroville across from 157 Golden Road, 9 a.m.
• Loomis Cemetery, 1033 Loomis-Oroville Road, 11 a.m.
• Curlew bridge, Kettle River just off state Highway 21, 9 a.m.
• Republic Cemetery, 111 Klondike Road, 11 a.m.
More like this story
- 49 state patrol troopers sworn in
- Omak bond measure failing in initial returns
- 810 (2017-105 April 26) CITY OF OKANOGAN, WASHINGTON ORDINANCE NO. 1175
- 810 (2017-106 April 26) Notice of Application
- 820 (2017-092 April 19, 26) The Colville Tribal Correctional Facility (CTCF) is issuing a Request
- 820 (2017-093 April 19, 26) The Colville Tribal Correctional Facility (CTCF) is issuing a Request
- 820 (2017-094 April 19, 26) The Colville Tribal Correctional Facility (CTCF) is issuing a Request
- 820 (2017-097 April 19, 26, May 3) NOTICE TO CREDITORS
- 820 (2017-098 April 19, 26) CALL FOR BIDS.
- 820 (2017-102 April 26) The Town of Riverside is seeking applications for Town Council Position No.1.