Wednesday, May 22, 2013
TWISP A local hotel is working on expanding its services, and the Town Council helped the process along last week by green-lighting amendments to the zoning ordinance amendment and land use map.
Twisp River Suites, 140 Twisp River Road, has installed two washers and two dryers, both industrial sized, in a small yellow house nearby that will serve as the staff’s laundry facility, owner Joe Marver said.
While the hotel currently offers parking for 24 vehicles, a new parking lot is planned on property at 223 W. Twisp Ave., according to an ordinance approved by the council on May 14.
The amendment changed that area from residential multi-family zoning to tourist commercial, Clerk/Treasurer Jackie Moriarty said.
Marver declined to provide further details about the property itself until the escrow closes.
A revision to the town’s land use map was then approved because of the zoning change, Moriarty said. Public hearings were held in March and April for both proposed changes.
Twisp River Suites is also adding three pet-friendly rooms to its current 13 suites, and they could be ready for visitors by mid-July.
“That’s being hopeful, of course. I’m a very positive person,” Marver said.
The suites will include new washable comforters for pets to lie on and doggie doors that lead outside into enclosed dog runs, he said.
Marver hopes the pet-friendly rooms will draw more interest, but said the hotel is already “filling up rather quickly” for the summer.
“I think we’ve got a formula that works,” he said.
More like this story
- 49 state patrol troopers sworn in
- Omak bond measure failing in initial returns
- 810 (2017-105 April 26) CITY OF OKANOGAN, WASHINGTON ORDINANCE NO. 1175
- 810 (2017-106 April 26) Notice of Application
- 820 (2017-092 April 19, 26) The Colville Tribal Correctional Facility (CTCF) is issuing a Request
- 820 (2017-093 April 19, 26) The Colville Tribal Correctional Facility (CTCF) is issuing a Request
- 820 (2017-094 April 19, 26) The Colville Tribal Correctional Facility (CTCF) is issuing a Request
- 820 (2017-097 April 19, 26, May 3) NOTICE TO CREDITORS
- 820 (2017-098 April 19, 26) CALL FOR BIDS.
- 820 (2017-102 April 26) The Town of Riverside is seeking applications for Town Council Position No.1.