Wednesday, May 22, 2013
TWISP A local hotel is working on expanding its services, and the Town Council helped the process along last week by green-lighting amendments to the zoning ordinance amendment and land use map.
Twisp River Suites, 140 Twisp River Road, has installed two washers and two dryers, both industrial sized, in a small yellow house nearby that will serve as the staff’s laundry facility, owner Joe Marver said.
While the hotel currently offers parking for 24 vehicles, a new parking lot is planned on property at 223 W. Twisp Ave., according to an ordinance approved by the council on May 14.
The amendment changed that area from residential multi-family zoning to tourist commercial, Clerk/Treasurer Jackie Moriarty said.
Marver declined to provide further details about the property itself until the escrow closes.
A revision to the town’s land use map was then approved because of the zoning change, Moriarty said. Public hearings were held in March and April for both proposed changes.
Twisp River Suites is also adding three pet-friendly rooms to its current 13 suites, and they could be ready for visitors by mid-July.
“That’s being hopeful, of course. I’m a very positive person,” Marver said.
The suites will include new washable comforters for pets to lie on and doggie doors that lead outside into enclosed dog runs, he said.
Marver hopes the pet-friendly rooms will draw more interest, but said the hotel is already “filling up rather quickly” for the summer.
“I think we’ve got a formula that works,” he said.
More like this story
- 820 (2016-438 Nov. 23, Dec. 7) NOTICE OF TRUSTEE’S SALE PURSUANT TO THE REVISED CODE
- 820 (2016-439 Nov. 23, Dec. 7) NOTICE OF TRUSTEE’S SALE PURSUANT TO THE REVISED CODE OF
- 820 (2016-444 Nov. 9, 16, 23, 30, Dec. 7, 14) SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON
- 820 (2016-446 Nov. 16, 23, 30, Dec. 7, 14, 21) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR
- 820 (2016-456 Nov. 23, 30, Dec. 7, 14) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON
- 820 (2016-466 Nov. 23, 30, Dec. 7, 14) PUBLIC NOTICE
- 820 (2016-472 Nov. 30, Dec. 7) NORTH CENTRAL REGIONAL LIBRARY NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
- 820 (2016-473 Dec. 7, 14) Notice of Impact Aid Public Hearing
- 820 (2016-474 Dec. 7, 14, 21) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 820 (2016-475 Dec. 7) NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
Chronicle News Broadcast for Oct. 19, 2016
An Oroville woman injured in car wreck near Crumbacher, Omak house damaged by fire, thousands expected to attend Okanogan Family (Barter) Faire, Natalie Carrier talks about the Omak Zombie Fun Run, a look at your weekend weather forecast, and weekly sports report. Enlarge