Wednesday, May 22, 2013
TWISP A local hotel is working on expanding its services, and the Town Council helped the process along last week by green-lighting amendments to the zoning ordinance amendment and land use map.
Twisp River Suites, 140 Twisp River Road, has installed two washers and two dryers, both industrial sized, in a small yellow house nearby that will serve as the staff’s laundry facility, owner Joe Marver said.
While the hotel currently offers parking for 24 vehicles, a new parking lot is planned on property at 223 W. Twisp Ave., according to an ordinance approved by the council on May 14.
The amendment changed that area from residential multi-family zoning to tourist commercial, Clerk/Treasurer Jackie Moriarty said.
Marver declined to provide further details about the property itself until the escrow closes.
A revision to the town’s land use map was then approved because of the zoning change, Moriarty said. Public hearings were held in March and April for both proposed changes.
Twisp River Suites is also adding three pet-friendly rooms to its current 13 suites, and they could be ready for visitors by mid-July.
“That’s being hopeful, of course. I’m a very positive person,” Marver said.
The suites will include new washable comforters for pets to lie on and doggie doors that lead outside into enclosed dog runs, he said.
Marver hopes the pet-friendly rooms will draw more interest, but said the hotel is already “filling up rather quickly” for the summer.
“I think we’ve got a formula that works,” he said.
More like this story
- PUD to decide yay or nay on Enloe
- County has cash flow problem
- Tonasket wants to annex land south of town
- Drug bust lands eight people in jail
- Okanogan school levy falling short of 60 percent
- 800 (2016-173 April 27, May 4) Notice of Public Hearing
- 800 (2016-175 April 27) Mooney SP 2016-2 Application and SEPA Exemption
- 800 (2016-176 April 27) Jackass SP 2016-1 Application and SEPA Exemption
- 800 (2016-177 April 27) Yakama Nation Twisp Ponds Project, SEPA 2016-1 Final SEPA Determination
- 800 (2016-178 April 27) Okanogan County Notice of Final Decision
Reclamation officials talk about Conconully Lake Resort
Chronicle video by Brock Hires. Enlarge