Wednesday, May 22, 2013
TWISP A local hotel is working on expanding its services, and the Town Council helped the process along last week by green-lighting amendments to the zoning ordinance amendment and land use map.
Twisp River Suites, 140 Twisp River Road, has installed two washers and two dryers, both industrial sized, in a small yellow house nearby that will serve as the staff’s laundry facility, owner Joe Marver said.
While the hotel currently offers parking for 24 vehicles, a new parking lot is planned on property at 223 W. Twisp Ave., according to an ordinance approved by the council on May 14.
The amendment changed that area from residential multi-family zoning to tourist commercial, Clerk/Treasurer Jackie Moriarty said.
Marver declined to provide further details about the property itself until the escrow closes.
A revision to the town’s land use map was then approved because of the zoning change, Moriarty said. Public hearings were held in March and April for both proposed changes.
Twisp River Suites is also adding three pet-friendly rooms to its current 13 suites, and they could be ready for visitors by mid-July.
“That’s being hopeful, of course. I’m a very positive person,” Marver said.
The suites will include new washable comforters for pets to lie on and doggie doors that lead outside into enclosed dog runs, he said.
Marver hopes the pet-friendly rooms will draw more interest, but said the hotel is already “filling up rather quickly” for the summer.
“I think we’ve got a formula that works,” he said.
More like this story
- Crews continue battling Kettle Complex fires
- Tucannon Fire nearly contained
- Carpenter Road Fire now 45 percent contained
- Wolverine Fire meeting set for Plain
- Grant County deputy fired
- 800 (2015-448 Aug. 26, Sept 2, 9, 16) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 800 2015-453 Sept. 2) Twisp River Floodplain, SEPA 2015-7 Final SEPA Determination
- 820 (2015-379 July 29, Aug. 5, 12, 19, 26, Sept. 2) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 820 (2015-380 July 29, Aug. 5, 12, 19, 26 Sept. 2) SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON IN AND FOR THE COUNTY OF OKANOGAN
- 820 (2015-395 July 29, Aug. 5, 12, 19, 26, Sept.2) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON IN AND FOR THE COUNTY OF OKANOGAN.
Omak-Riverside Eastside Road helicopter water drop
Short clip of a helicopter dropping water on the Tunk Block Fire today along Omak-Riverside Eastside Road. Enlarge