Wednesday, May 22, 2013
TONASKET A huge turnout of 40 youth soccer teams battled May 18 in the Tonasket Youth Soccer Tournament.
Teams came from Tonasket, Omak, Oroville, Methow Valley and Brewster, Tonasket Youth Soccer Club vice president Christina Dumas said.
“The tournament went smoothly,” Dumas said. “It was a long day that started with rain in the morning, but that didn’t detour the hardcore soccer enthusiasts that came from all over the county to compete.
“It was a very competitive day with many games ending in shootouts to break ties and crown winners. As in all tournaments, there were many surprises and eventful comebacks, which made the day fun and suspenseful for all.”
Referees came from Omak and Tonasket.
“It sure makes all the volunteer hours worth it, just to see all the smiles on the kids faces at the end of the day,” Dumas said. “Thanks to all of our board members, coaches, sponsor’s, volunteers and local vendors for making this day a huge success. Our (referees) did an outstanding job managing time, people and the games with minimal altercations and worked well together to provide a smooth, fun filled day. “
U15: 1, Sick Donkey Records (Tonasket). 2, Methow. 3, RDL Auto (Tonasket).
U-12: 1, Brewster. 2, Gene’s Harvest Foods (Omak). 3, Jerry’s Auto Supply (Omak).
U-10 ( Field 1): 1, O.K. Chevrolet (Tonasket). 2, Beyer’s Market (Tonasket). 3, Methow.
U-10 ( Field 2): 1, Tim’s Country Saw Shop (Tonasket). 2, Dairy Queen (Omak). 3, Wilbur Ellis (Tonasket).
U-8 (Field 1): 1, Tonasket Pizza Company (Tonasket). 2, Ekvall (Omak). 3, Elmway (Omak).
U-8 (Field 2): 1, Roy’s Pharmacy (Tonasket). 2, Okanogan County Prosecutors (Omak). 3, Allen’s Auto Parts (Tonasket).
More like this story
- Special fair advisory meeting planned tonight
- Kettle Complex fires see ‘increased’ fire behavior
- Crews continue battling Kettle Complex fires
- Tucannon Fire nearly contained
- Carpenter Road Fire now 45 percent contained
- Wolverine Fire meeting set for Plain
- Grant County deputy fired
- 800 (2015-448 Aug. 26, Sept 2, 9, 16) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 800 2015-453 Sept. 2) Twisp River Floodplain, SEPA 2015-7 Final SEPA Determination
- 820 (2015-379 July 29, Aug. 5, 12, 19, 26, Sept. 2) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
Omak-Riverside Eastside Road helicopter water drop
Short clip of a helicopter dropping water on the Tunk Block Fire today along Omak-Riverside Eastside Road. Enlarge