Wednesday, May 22, 2013
TONASKET A huge turnout of 40 youth soccer teams battled May 18 in the Tonasket Youth Soccer Tournament.
Teams came from Tonasket, Omak, Oroville, Methow Valley and Brewster, Tonasket Youth Soccer Club vice president Christina Dumas said.
“The tournament went smoothly,” Dumas said. “It was a long day that started with rain in the morning, but that didn’t detour the hardcore soccer enthusiasts that came from all over the county to compete.
“It was a very competitive day with many games ending in shootouts to break ties and crown winners. As in all tournaments, there were many surprises and eventful comebacks, which made the day fun and suspenseful for all.”
Referees came from Omak and Tonasket.
“It sure makes all the volunteer hours worth it, just to see all the smiles on the kids faces at the end of the day,” Dumas said. “Thanks to all of our board members, coaches, sponsor’s, volunteers and local vendors for making this day a huge success. Our (referees) did an outstanding job managing time, people and the games with minimal altercations and worked well together to provide a smooth, fun filled day. “
U15: 1, Sick Donkey Records (Tonasket). 2, Methow. 3, RDL Auto (Tonasket).
U-12: 1, Brewster. 2, Gene’s Harvest Foods (Omak). 3, Jerry’s Auto Supply (Omak).
U-10 ( Field 1): 1, O.K. Chevrolet (Tonasket). 2, Beyer’s Market (Tonasket). 3, Methow.
U-10 ( Field 2): 1, Tim’s Country Saw Shop (Tonasket). 2, Dairy Queen (Omak). 3, Wilbur Ellis (Tonasket).
U-8 (Field 1): 1, Tonasket Pizza Company (Tonasket). 2, Ekvall (Omak). 3, Elmway (Omak).
U-8 (Field 2): 1, Roy’s Pharmacy (Tonasket). 2, Okanogan County Prosecutors (Omak). 3, Allen’s Auto Parts (Tonasket).
More like this story
- 49 state patrol troopers sworn in
- Omak bond measure failing in initial returns
- 810 (2017-105 April 26) CITY OF OKANOGAN, WASHINGTON ORDINANCE NO. 1175
- 810 (2017-106 April 26) Notice of Application
- 820 (2017-092 April 19, 26) The Colville Tribal Correctional Facility (CTCF) is issuing a Request
- 820 (2017-093 April 19, 26) The Colville Tribal Correctional Facility (CTCF) is issuing a Request
- 820 (2017-094 April 19, 26) The Colville Tribal Correctional Facility (CTCF) is issuing a Request
- 820 (2017-097 April 19, 26, May 3) NOTICE TO CREDITORS
- 820 (2017-098 April 19, 26) CALL FOR BIDS.
- 820 (2017-102 April 26) The Town of Riverside is seeking applications for Town Council Position No.1.