Originally published May 22, 2013 at 12:00a.m., updated May 22, 2013 at 01:54p.m.
From Washington State Patrol reports
COULEE CITY – A local man was injured May 7 when his car collided with a sport utility vehicle on state Highway 17 south of town at Dry Falls.
David T. Holz, 60, was taken by ambulance to Coulee Medical Center, Grand Coulee, the Washington State Patrol said.
He was northbound and following the SUV, driven by Kendra R. Bartell, 40, Omak. She slowed to make a turn and Holz’s vehicle struck Bartell’s in the left rear at 4:59 p.m.
She was not injured. Her vehicle was drivable.
Holz’s vehicle was destroyed.
Both drivers were wearing seatbelts. No drugs or alcohol were involved.
Holz was citied for failure to yield right of way, the patrol said.
OMAK — A pedestrian was injured May 9 when he was hit by a pickup truck while crossing Engh Road.
Omak resident Danny R. Haywood, 50, was taken to Mid-Valley Hospital, Omak, after being hit by the truck, driven by Donald E. Leslie, 20, Okanogan, the Washington State Patrol said.
Leslie was northbound on U.S. Highway 97 at 9:45 p.m. and attempting a right turn onto Engh Road. Haywood was in the crosswalk.
No drugs or alcohol were involved. Leslie was wearing a seatbelt.
Leslie was cited for failure to yield to a pedestrian.
REPUBLIC — Two people were injured May 10 when their sport utility vehicle went off state Highway 21 about five miles south of town.
Phyllis L. Erickson, 56, Wauconda, was southbound at 7:58 a.m. when she braked suddenly and the vehicle overturned, the Washington State Patrol said. She was cited for reckless driving.
She was injured and was transported by a private party to seek medical assistance.
A passenger, Stephen M. Erickson, 59, Wauconda, was injured but not transported.
It’s unknown whether either was wearing a seatbelt. No drugs or alcohol were involved.
Okanogan man cited
CONCONULLY – An Okanogan man was cited after the flatbed truck he was driving went off an embankment on the Conconully side of the Seven Devils on Conconully Highway.
Ronald J. Allard, 51, was cited for
hit and run unattended-property damage, Sheriff Frank Rogers said. Allard was not injured.
Fire District No. 9 and deputy Dennis Irwin were dispatched at 8:30 a.m. to the crash at milepost 13, about a mile south of Happy Hill Road.
The empty truck was located 50-60 feet down an embankment off the northbound shoulder. The area was searched by first responders.
A fence and a couple of posts were damaged.
Allard contacted dispatch around 9:30 a.m. and told deputies he was unsure what happened to cause the crash, but said it was dark at the time. He walked back to his family’s shop on Kermel Road.
Rogers said it’s not known whether alcohol was a factor.
More like this story
- Tonasket basketball coach reinstated
- Mumps case reported in Okanogan County
- 820 (2017-011 Jan. 18, 25, Feb. 1, 8, 15, 22) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF
- 820 (2017-013 Jan. 18, 25, Feb. 01, 8, 15, 22) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF
- 820 (2017-021 Jan. 25, Feb. 01, 08, 15, 22, March 01) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR
- 820 (2017-035 Feb. 15, 22) ADVERTISEMENT FOR BID TOWN OF TWISP - PUBLIC WORKS SHOP
- 820 (2017-039 Feb. 15, 22) Notice is hereby given that WDFW of Olympia WA filed an application
- 820 (2017-040 Feb. 22, March 1, 8) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON
- 820 (2017-041 Feb. 22, March 1) BOARD MEMBER NEEDED!
- 820 (2017-042 Feb. 22) MEETING NOTICE