Wednesday, May 22, 2013
KENNEWICK Wyatt Covington and Oliver Williams of Omak and Chantz Popelier of Okanogan each qualified for the National Junior High School Finals Rodeo by finishing in the Top 4 at the Washington Wrangler Junior High School Rodeo finals May 18-19 in Kennewick.
The national rodeo is June 23-29 in Gallop, N.M.
Covington is the state champion in bullriding.
Popelier is the state champion in goat tying and finished fourth in breakaway roping.
Williams earned Reserve All-Around Cowboy by tying for third in tie down, taking fourth in goats, fourth in chute dogging and fourth in ribbon roping.
All three are members of the Okanogan County Rodeo Club.
This year at nationals, the entrants are doing a decorated stick horse contest. The entrants can vote for the best horse.
More like this story
- Business Council Chairman Boyd has died
- Do-it-yourself fireworks show in limbo
- Small fires, smoke checks reported
- Colville Tribal election returns too close to call
- Okanogan County ATV ordinance ruled invalid
- New wolf pack confirmed in Ferry County
- Safe 'n' Sane fireworks allowed in part of Omak
- 800 (2016-259 June 15, 22) Superior Court Clerk is requesting proposals
- 800 (2016-262 June 22) Notice of Primary Election
- 800 (2016-266 June 15, 22, 29, July 6, 13, 20) SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON,
2016 Molson Mid-Summer Festival
Here's a clip of the annual Molson Mid-Summer Festival, June 18, 2016. Chronicle video by Brock Hires. Enlarge