Wednesday, May 22, 2013
KENNEWICK Wyatt Covington and Oliver Williams of Omak and Chantz Popelier of Okanogan each qualified for the National Junior High School Finals Rodeo by finishing in the Top 4 at the Washington Wrangler Junior High School Rodeo finals May 18-19 in Kennewick.
The national rodeo is June 23-29 in Gallop, N.M.
Covington is the state champion in bullriding.
Popelier is the state champion in goat tying and finished fourth in breakaway roping.
Williams earned Reserve All-Around Cowboy by tying for third in tie down, taking fourth in goats, fourth in chute dogging and fourth in ribbon roping.
All three are members of the Okanogan County Rodeo Club.
This year at nationals, the entrants are doing a decorated stick horse contest. The entrants can vote for the best horse.
More like this story
- Pickens Mountain blaze reaches 250 acres
- Opening arguments start in Alltus murder case
- Meteorologists issue red flag warning
- Nearly $6,000 raised for motorcyclist’s family
- Hospital board does interview without search
- Tonasket strip club just a rumor
- District delayed in CEO firing
- Fire crews called to multiple fires following lightning storm
- Kennedy, Branch, Hover and Thrasher move on to General Election
- 810 (2016-343 Aug. 17) Notice of Public Hearing
Live wildfire coverage
Pickens Mountain fire near Split Rock Road in Havillah. Footage filmed live on location 8/24/16 Enlarge