Wednesday, May 22, 2013
KENNEWICK Wyatt Covington and Oliver Williams of Omak and Chantz Popelier of Okanogan each qualified for the National Junior High School Finals Rodeo by finishing in the Top 4 at the Washington Wrangler Junior High School Rodeo finals May 18-19 in Kennewick.
The national rodeo is June 23-29 in Gallop, N.M.
Covington is the state champion in bullriding.
Popelier is the state champion in goat tying and finished fourth in breakaway roping.
Williams earned Reserve All-Around Cowboy by tying for third in tie down, taking fourth in goats, fourth in chute dogging and fourth in ribbon roping.
All three are members of the Okanogan County Rodeo Club.
This year at nationals, the entrants are doing a decorated stick horse contest. The entrants can vote for the best horse.
More like this story
- Royal tops Okanogan, 49-0, in state quarterfinals
- St. George's eases past Brewster, 2-1, following a shootout at state
- Omak man arrested after fatal fire
- Investigators called fatal fire scene
- Navy crew responsible for phallic skywriting
- WVCO addresses Confederate flag displayed by student
- Driver injured in accident near Grand Coulee
- Firefighters respond to fully engulfed house fire
- 'The Price Is Right Live' returns to Town Toyota Center
- 51 million americans to travel Thanksgiving weekend