Sunday, May 19, 2013
Pateros seeks to fill council vacancy
PATEROS – No one has stepped forward yet to apply for the vacant City Council position left last month by John LaBree, an issue Mayor Gail Howe said she plans to address at Monday night’s meeting.
The meeting will be at 6 p.m. at City Hall, 113 Lakeshore Drive.
The meeting will also include a public hearing to allow a beer garden in Memorial Park for a motorcycle event at the end of June. The council will consider whether to change the ordinance to allow alcohol in the park for special events, Howe said.
The council will vote on renewing contracts with the North-Central Washington Narcotics Task Force and Okanogan County 911 dispatch services, discuss purchasing a new truck for the public works department and decide on a resident income survey to be done in partnership with Three Rivers Hospital, Okanogan-Douglas County Fire District No. 15 and the city of Brewster.
Commissioners meet with foresters
OKANOGAN – Okanogan County commissioners will meet with U.S. Forest Service at 11 a.m. Monday for a discussion about spring prescribed burning.
The meeting will be at 123 N. Fifth Ave.
On Tuesday, they will meet meet with county Auditor Laurie Thomas and Treasurer Leah McCormack at 10 a.m. County Prosecuting Attorney Karl Sloan will provide an update from his office at 10:30 a.m., followed by updates from the public works and central services departments.
Commissioners will vote to approve the weekly consent agenda at 1:30 p.m., which includes a cattle guard franchise renewal, an agreement for open space taxation and a bid award for liquid asphalt.
- Pickens North wildfire reaches 600 acresHAVILLAH - The Pickens North fire has burned an estimated 600 acres, according to the state Department of Natural Resources.
- Crews work to line Pickens North fireHAVILLAH - The Pickens North fire has burned an estimated 600 acres, according to the state Department of Natural Resources.
More like this story
- Pickens North wildfire reaches 600 acres
- Crews work to line Pickens North fire
- 820 (2016-349 Aug. 24, 31) CALL for BIDS-BID No. 418-16
- Opening arguments start in Alltus murder case
- 810 (2016-346 Aug. 17, 24) NOTICE TO CONTRACTORS
- (2016-336 Aug. 10, 17, 24) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 820 (2016-347 Aug. 24)Notice The Okanogan County Transit Authority
- 820 (2016-348 Aug. 24) Notice The Okanogan County Transit Authority Board
- Meteorologists issue red flag warning
- Nearly $6,000 raised for motorcyclist’s family
Live wildfire coverage
Pickens Mountain fire near Split Rock Road in Havillah. Footage filmed live on location 8/24/16 Enlarge