Sunday, May 19, 2013
Pateros seeks to fill council vacancy
PATEROS – No one has stepped forward yet to apply for the vacant City Council position left last month by John LaBree, an issue Mayor Gail Howe said she plans to address at Monday night’s meeting.
The meeting will be at 6 p.m. at City Hall, 113 Lakeshore Drive.
The meeting will also include a public hearing to allow a beer garden in Memorial Park for a motorcycle event at the end of June. The council will consider whether to change the ordinance to allow alcohol in the park for special events, Howe said.
The council will vote on renewing contracts with the North-Central Washington Narcotics Task Force and Okanogan County 911 dispatch services, discuss purchasing a new truck for the public works department and decide on a resident income survey to be done in partnership with Three Rivers Hospital, Okanogan-Douglas County Fire District No. 15 and the city of Brewster.
Commissioners meet with foresters
OKANOGAN – Okanogan County commissioners will meet with U.S. Forest Service at 11 a.m. Monday for a discussion about spring prescribed burning.
The meeting will be at 123 N. Fifth Ave.
On Tuesday, they will meet meet with county Auditor Laurie Thomas and Treasurer Leah McCormack at 10 a.m. County Prosecuting Attorney Karl Sloan will provide an update from his office at 10:30 a.m., followed by updates from the public works and central services departments.
Commissioners will vote to approve the weekly consent agenda at 1:30 p.m., which includes a cattle guard franchise renewal, an agreement for open space taxation and a bid award for liquid asphalt.
More like this story
- PUD to decide yay or nay on Enloe
- County has cash flow problem
- Tonasket wants to annex land south of town
- Drug bust lands eight people in jail
- Okanogan school levy falling short of 60 percent
- 800 (2016-173 April 27, May 4) Notice of Public Hearing
- 800 (2016-175 April 27) Mooney SP 2016-2 Application and SEPA Exemption
- 800 (2016-176 April 27) Jackass SP 2016-1 Application and SEPA Exemption
- 800 (2016-177 April 27) Yakama Nation Twisp Ponds Project, SEPA 2016-1 Final SEPA Determination
- 800 (2016-178 April 27) Okanogan County Notice of Final Decision
Reclamation officials talk about Conconully Lake Resort
Chronicle video by Brock Hires. Enlarge