Sunday, May 19, 2013
Pateros seeks to fill council vacancy
PATEROS – No one has stepped forward yet to apply for the vacant City Council position left last month by John LaBree, an issue Mayor Gail Howe said she plans to address at Monday night’s meeting.
The meeting will be at 6 p.m. at City Hall, 113 Lakeshore Drive.
The meeting will also include a public hearing to allow a beer garden in Memorial Park for a motorcycle event at the end of June. The council will consider whether to change the ordinance to allow alcohol in the park for special events, Howe said.
The council will vote on renewing contracts with the North-Central Washington Narcotics Task Force and Okanogan County 911 dispatch services, discuss purchasing a new truck for the public works department and decide on a resident income survey to be done in partnership with Three Rivers Hospital, Okanogan-Douglas County Fire District No. 15 and the city of Brewster.
Commissioners meet with foresters
OKANOGAN – Okanogan County commissioners will meet with U.S. Forest Service at 11 a.m. Monday for a discussion about spring prescribed burning.
The meeting will be at 123 N. Fifth Ave.
On Tuesday, they will meet meet with county Auditor Laurie Thomas and Treasurer Leah McCormack at 10 a.m. County Prosecuting Attorney Karl Sloan will provide an update from his office at 10:30 a.m., followed by updates from the public works and central services departments.
Commissioners will vote to approve the weekly consent agenda at 1:30 p.m., which includes a cattle guard franchise renewal, an agreement for open space taxation and a bid award for liquid asphalt.
More like this story
- 810 (2017-167 June 28) CITY OF OKANOGAN, WASHINGTON ORDINANCE NO. 1177
- 810 (2017-168 June 28) CITY OF OKANOGAN, WASHINGTON ORDINANCE NO. 1179
- 820 (2017-136 May 31, June 7, 14, 21, 28, July 5) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR
- 820 (2017-142 June 7, 14, 21, 28) IN THE TRIBAL COURT OF THE CONFEDERATED TRIBES OF THE
- 820 (2017-150 June 14, 21, 28) SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR DOUGLAS COUNTY
- 820 (2017-151 June 14, 21, 28) SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR DOUGLAS COUNTY
- 820 (2017-154 June 14, 21, 28, July 5, 12, 19) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR
- 820 (2017-159 June 21, 28) NOTICE OF LOCATION AND DATE CHANGE
- VIEW FROM THE SIDELINES: Omak boys win summer hoop league
- Indian Taco Feed Fundraiser planned for Thursday, June 29