Sunday, May 19, 2013
CHEWELAH CHEWELAH – The Caribou Trail League girls dominated the District 6/7 golf tournament May 14, taking eight of 11 berths to state.
The state 1A boys and girls golf championship is May 21-22 at Lake Spanaway Golf Course.
Leading the way for Okanogan County were Okanogan’s Vanessa VanderWeide (101) and Ana Baum (106) and Omak’s Brianna Duff (109).
On the boys side, Chewelah dominated, winning the team title with 60 points, led by medalist Josh Olson with a 73.
Omak’s Ryder Lewis, a senior, tied for second with a 4-over-par 76.
Teammate Cameron Daigneau also qualified for state with an 88.
Not reaching state were Tonasket’s Cayden Field (96), Okanogan’s Joey Staggs (97) and Omak’s Brandon Abrahamson (111).
CHELAN – Oroville and Lake Roosevelt boys claimed four of six state 1B/2B golf berths following District 5/6 play at Chelan Golf Club on May 14.
The state 1B/2B boys and girls golf championship will be May 21-22 at Oakbrook Golf Course in Lakewood near Tacoma.
Oroville golfers heading to state include district medalist Connor Hughes (46-45-91) and Bryce Glover (52-53-105). Blaine Weaver (63-53-116) is first alternate.
Lake Roosevelt golfers heading to Lakewood include Austin Rosenbaum (53-52-105) and Jordan Allen (57-57-114).
On the girls side, Lake Roosevelt’s Tanecia Stanczak, a senior, was medalist at 102.
Oroville’s Jordyn Smith, an eighth grader, was third and earned a state berth (114).
Raider Johnny McCraigie, a senior, is a first alternate to state (172).
More like this story
- 820 2016-011 Jan. 20, Feb. 10)
- 800 (2016-012 Jan. 13, 20, 27) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON IN AND FOR THE COUNTY OF OKANOGAN - JUVENILE
- 800 (2016-024 Jan. 20) Notice of Appeal Hearing SEPA Appeal of DNS for CUP 2015-8 Morgan Septic Lagoon
- 800 (2016-025 Jan. 20) Notice Seeking Comments regarding Juvenile Detention Options
- 810 (2016-019 Jan. 20) Notice of Initiation of Plan Update, Adoption for Implementation and Issuance of a DNS under SEPA
- 820 (2016-021 Jan. 20, 27, Feb. 03, 10) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 820 (2016-018 Jan. 20, 27, Feb. 3) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON IN AND FOR THE COUNTY OF OKANOGAN
- 820 (2016-013 Jan. 13, 20, 27) NOTICE OF PUBLIC TIMBER FOR SALE
- 820 (2016-014 Jan. 13, 20, 27) NOTICE OF PUBLIC TIMBER SALE
- 820 (2016-015 Jan. 20) As per law, the Okanogan School District