Sunday, May 19, 2013
CHEWELAH CHEWELAH – The Caribou Trail League girls dominated the District 6/7 golf tournament May 14, taking eight of 11 berths to state.
The state 1A boys and girls golf championship is May 21-22 at Lake Spanaway Golf Course.
Leading the way for Okanogan County were Okanogan’s Vanessa VanderWeide (101) and Ana Baum (106) and Omak’s Brianna Duff (109).
On the boys side, Chewelah dominated, winning the team title with 60 points, led by medalist Josh Olson with a 73.
Omak’s Ryder Lewis, a senior, tied for second with a 4-over-par 76.
Teammate Cameron Daigneau also qualified for state with an 88.
Not reaching state were Tonasket’s Cayden Field (96), Okanogan’s Joey Staggs (97) and Omak’s Brandon Abrahamson (111).
CHELAN – Oroville and Lake Roosevelt boys claimed four of six state 1B/2B golf berths following District 5/6 play at Chelan Golf Club on May 14.
The state 1B/2B boys and girls golf championship will be May 21-22 at Oakbrook Golf Course in Lakewood near Tacoma.
Oroville golfers heading to state include district medalist Connor Hughes (46-45-91) and Bryce Glover (52-53-105). Blaine Weaver (63-53-116) is first alternate.
Lake Roosevelt golfers heading to Lakewood include Austin Rosenbaum (53-52-105) and Jordan Allen (57-57-114).
On the girls side, Lake Roosevelt’s Tanecia Stanczak, a senior, was medalist at 102.
Oroville’s Jordyn Smith, an eighth grader, was third and earned a state berth (114).
Raider Johnny McCraigie, a senior, is a first alternate to state (172).
More like this story
- Crews continue battling Kettle Complex fires
- Tucannon Fire nearly contained
- Carpenter Road Fire now 45 percent contained
- Wolverine Fire meeting set for Plain
- Grant County deputy fired
- 800 (2015-448 Aug. 26, Sept 2, 9, 16) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 800 2015-453 Sept. 2) Twisp River Floodplain, SEPA 2015-7 Final SEPA Determination
- 820 (2015-379 July 29, Aug. 5, 12, 19, 26, Sept. 2) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 820 (2015-380 July 29, Aug. 5, 12, 19, 26 Sept. 2) SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON IN AND FOR THE COUNTY OF OKANOGAN
- 820 (2015-395 July 29, Aug. 5, 12, 19, 26, Sept.2) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON IN AND FOR THE COUNTY OF OKANOGAN.
Omak-Riverside Eastside Road helicopter water drop
Short clip of a helicopter dropping water on the Tunk Block Fire today along Omak-Riverside Eastside Road. Enlarge