Sunday, May 19, 2013
CHEWELAH CHEWELAH – The Caribou Trail League girls dominated the District 6/7 golf tournament May 14, taking eight of 11 berths to state.
The state 1A boys and girls golf championship is May 21-22 at Lake Spanaway Golf Course.
Leading the way for Okanogan County were Okanogan’s Vanessa VanderWeide (101) and Ana Baum (106) and Omak’s Brianna Duff (109).
On the boys side, Chewelah dominated, winning the team title with 60 points, led by medalist Josh Olson with a 73.
Omak’s Ryder Lewis, a senior, tied for second with a 4-over-par 76.
Teammate Cameron Daigneau also qualified for state with an 88.
Not reaching state were Tonasket’s Cayden Field (96), Okanogan’s Joey Staggs (97) and Omak’s Brandon Abrahamson (111).
CHELAN – Oroville and Lake Roosevelt boys claimed four of six state 1B/2B golf berths following District 5/6 play at Chelan Golf Club on May 14.
The state 1B/2B boys and girls golf championship will be May 21-22 at Oakbrook Golf Course in Lakewood near Tacoma.
Oroville golfers heading to state include district medalist Connor Hughes (46-45-91) and Bryce Glover (52-53-105). Blaine Weaver (63-53-116) is first alternate.
Lake Roosevelt golfers heading to Lakewood include Austin Rosenbaum (53-52-105) and Jordan Allen (57-57-114).
On the girls side, Lake Roosevelt’s Tanecia Stanczak, a senior, was medalist at 102.
Oroville’s Jordyn Smith, an eighth grader, was third and earned a state berth (114).
Raider Johnny McCraigie, a senior, is a first alternate to state (172).
More like this story
- 820 (2015-518, Oct. 7, 14, 21) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON IN AND FOR THE COUNTY OF OKANOGAN
- 820 (2015-513 Oct. 7) NOTICE OF PUBLIC TIMBER SALE
- 820 (2015-512 Oct. 7, 14) NOTICE OF PUBLIC TIMBER SALE
- 820 (2015-507 Sept. 30, Oct. 7, 14, 21) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 820 (2015-503 Sept. 30, Oct. 7) NOTICE OF HEARING PUBLIC UTILITY DISTRICT NO. 1 OF OKANOGAN COUNTY 2016 PROPOSED BUDGET
- 820 (2015-490 Sept. 23, 30, Oct. 7) In The Superior Court Of The State Of Washington County of Chelan.
- 820 (2015-456 Sept. 2, 9, 16, 23, 30, Oct. 7) SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON COUNTY OF OKANOGAN
- 820 (2015-455 Sept. 2, 9, 16, 23, 30, Oct. 7) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON
- 820 (2015 - 524, Oct. 7) Public Notice
- 820 (2015 - 524, Oct. 7) Town of Twisp Request for Statement of Qualifications
State Department of Fish and Wildlife Sgt. Dan Christensen recorded this video of the release of a mama bear and her three cubs Friday, Sept. 11, 2015. The bears were captured in a tree at Esther Bricques Winery near Ellisforde. The original video was much longer. We've edited out several minutes of footage between the cubs leaving the first trap and the mama and cub leaving the second trap. Enlarge