Sunday, May 19, 2013
CHEWELAH CHEWELAH – The Caribou Trail League girls dominated the District 6/7 golf tournament May 14, taking eight of 11 berths to state.
The state 1A boys and girls golf championship is May 21-22 at Lake Spanaway Golf Course.
Leading the way for Okanogan County were Okanogan’s Vanessa VanderWeide (101) and Ana Baum (106) and Omak’s Brianna Duff (109).
On the boys side, Chewelah dominated, winning the team title with 60 points, led by medalist Josh Olson with a 73.
Omak’s Ryder Lewis, a senior, tied for second with a 4-over-par 76.
Teammate Cameron Daigneau also qualified for state with an 88.
Not reaching state were Tonasket’s Cayden Field (96), Okanogan’s Joey Staggs (97) and Omak’s Brandon Abrahamson (111).
CHELAN – Oroville and Lake Roosevelt boys claimed four of six state 1B/2B golf berths following District 5/6 play at Chelan Golf Club on May 14.
The state 1B/2B boys and girls golf championship will be May 21-22 at Oakbrook Golf Course in Lakewood near Tacoma.
Oroville golfers heading to state include district medalist Connor Hughes (46-45-91) and Bryce Glover (52-53-105). Blaine Weaver (63-53-116) is first alternate.
Lake Roosevelt golfers heading to Lakewood include Austin Rosenbaum (53-52-105) and Jordan Allen (57-57-114).
On the girls side, Lake Roosevelt’s Tanecia Stanczak, a senior, was medalist at 102.
Oroville’s Jordyn Smith, an eighth grader, was third and earned a state berth (114).
Raider Johnny McCraigie, a senior, is a first alternate to state (172).
More like this story
- Weather brings school delays, closures
- McDonald's plans to introduce new ‘Big Mac' sizes
- Forever stamp prices increase Sunday
- More wet weather in the forecast
- Some after school activities, sports cancelled
- Storm prompts clinic cancelations
- Winter storm brings school delays, closures
- 810 (2017-009 Jan. 11, 18) REQUEST FOR QUALIFICATIONS (RFQ) AIRPORT MASTER PLAN
- 810 (2017-012 Jan. 18) Notice of Public Hearing
- 810 (2017-016 Jan. 18) Notice of Public Hearing Micro Processing/Manufacturing OKA RA 16-1
Chronicle News Broadcast for Oct. 19, 2016
An Oroville woman injured in car wreck near Crumbacher, Omak house damaged by fire, thousands expected to attend Okanogan Family (Barter) Faire, Natalie Carrier talks about the Omak Zombie Fun Run, a look at your weekend weather forecast, and weekly sports report. Enlarge