Sunday, May 19, 2013
CHEWELAH CHEWELAH – The Caribou Trail League girls dominated the District 6/7 golf tournament May 14, taking eight of 11 berths to state.
The state 1A boys and girls golf championship is May 21-22 at Lake Spanaway Golf Course.
Leading the way for Okanogan County were Okanogan’s Vanessa VanderWeide (101) and Ana Baum (106) and Omak’s Brianna Duff (109).
On the boys side, Chewelah dominated, winning the team title with 60 points, led by medalist Josh Olson with a 73.
Omak’s Ryder Lewis, a senior, tied for second with a 4-over-par 76.
Teammate Cameron Daigneau also qualified for state with an 88.
Not reaching state were Tonasket’s Cayden Field (96), Okanogan’s Joey Staggs (97) and Omak’s Brandon Abrahamson (111).
CHELAN – Oroville and Lake Roosevelt boys claimed four of six state 1B/2B golf berths following District 5/6 play at Chelan Golf Club on May 14.
The state 1B/2B boys and girls golf championship will be May 21-22 at Oakbrook Golf Course in Lakewood near Tacoma.
Oroville golfers heading to state include district medalist Connor Hughes (46-45-91) and Bryce Glover (52-53-105). Blaine Weaver (63-53-116) is first alternate.
Lake Roosevelt golfers heading to Lakewood include Austin Rosenbaum (53-52-105) and Jordan Allen (57-57-114).
On the girls side, Lake Roosevelt’s Tanecia Stanczak, a senior, was medalist at 102.
Oroville’s Jordyn Smith, an eighth grader, was third and earned a state berth (114).
Raider Johnny McCraigie, a senior, is a first alternate to state (172).
More like this story
- PUD to decide yay or nay on Enloe
- County has cash flow problem
- Tonasket wants to annex land south of town
- Drug bust lands eight people in jail
- Okanogan school levy falling short of 60 percent
- 800 (2016-173 April 27, May 4) Notice of Public Hearing
- 800 (2016-175 April 27) Mooney SP 2016-2 Application and SEPA Exemption
- 800 (2016-176 April 27) Jackass SP 2016-1 Application and SEPA Exemption
- 800 (2016-177 April 27) Yakama Nation Twisp Ponds Project, SEPA 2016-1 Final SEPA Determination
- 800 (2016-178 April 27) Okanogan County Notice of Final Decision
Reclamation officials talk about Conconully Lake Resort
Chronicle video by Brock Hires. Enlarge