Wednesday, May 15, 2013
OKANOGAN The city probably won’t spray for mosquitoes this year.
During its May 7 meeting, the City Council heard a recommendation from its Personnel, Public Safety and Contracting Committee that spraying be suspended.
No spraying was done last year after the contracted pilot’s plane crashed near Okanogan while doing agricultural spraying.
This year, Omak decided not to spray for budgetary reasons. Okanogan piggybacked on Omak’s spray permit and time is too short to seek a permit of its own.
No action was taken on the recommendation.
In other business, the council:
• Learned Okanogan seniors are making a Zen garden at Arboretum Park.
• Decided to give volunteer awards during Okanogan Days on June 1.
• Decided to replace a couple manholes on Pine Street as part of a paving project this summer.
• Tabled a proposed 2013-14 agreement with the North-Central Washington Narcotics Task Force. The council wants a task force representative to make a presentation.
• Advanced to second reading a resolution authorizing Upper Valley Disposal to pick up garbage in the Fowler Annexation area at the south end of town. Upper Valley picked up trash in the area before the annexation.
Sunrise Disposal picks up garbage elsewhere in the city.
More like this story
- No steelhead season this winter
- Debate team host carnival tonight
- Power outage planned in Tonasket-area tonight
- Snowfall expected along North Cascade Highway
- 810 (2016-410 Oct. 19) SUMMARY OF ORDINANCE NO. 877
- 810 (2016-414 Oct. 19, 26) CITY OF OKANOGAN 2017 FINAL BUDGET PUBLIC HEARING NOTICE
- 820 (2016-368 Sept. 14, 21, 28, Oct. 5, 12, 19) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE
- 820 (2016-387 Oct. 12, 19) Public Notice
- 820 (2016-390 Oct. 5, 12, 19, 26, Nov. 2, 9) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON
- 820 (2016-391 Oct. 19, Nov. 9) NOTICE OF TRUSTEE’S SALE
Chronicle News Broadcast for Oct. 19, 2016
An Oroville woman injured in car wreck near Crumbacher, Omak house damaged by fire, thousands expected to attend Okanogan Family (Barter) Faire, Natalie Carrier talks about the Omak Zombie Fun Run, a look at your weekend weather forecast, and weekly sports report. Enlarge