Wednesday, May 15, 2013
OKANOGAN The city probably won’t spray for mosquitoes this year.
During its May 7 meeting, the City Council heard a recommendation from its Personnel, Public Safety and Contracting Committee that spraying be suspended.
No spraying was done last year after the contracted pilot’s plane crashed near Okanogan while doing agricultural spraying.
This year, Omak decided not to spray for budgetary reasons. Okanogan piggybacked on Omak’s spray permit and time is too short to seek a permit of its own.
No action was taken on the recommendation.
In other business, the council:
• Learned Okanogan seniors are making a Zen garden at Arboretum Park.
• Decided to give volunteer awards during Okanogan Days on June 1.
• Decided to replace a couple manholes on Pine Street as part of a paving project this summer.
• Tabled a proposed 2013-14 agreement with the North-Central Washington Narcotics Task Force. The council wants a task force representative to make a presentation.
• Advanced to second reading a resolution authorizing Upper Valley Disposal to pick up garbage in the Fowler Annexation area at the south end of town. Upper Valley picked up trash in the area before the annexation.
Sunrise Disposal picks up garbage elsewhere in the city.
More like this story
- 820 (2016-438 Nov. 23, Dec. 7) NOTICE OF TRUSTEE’S SALE PURSUANT TO THE REVISED CODE
- 820 (2016-439 Nov. 23, Dec. 7) NOTICE OF TRUSTEE’S SALE PURSUANT TO THE REVISED CODE OF
- 820 (2016-444 Nov. 9, 16, 23, 30, Dec. 7, 14) SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON
- 820 (2016-446 Nov. 16, 23, 30, Dec. 7, 14, 21) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR
- 820 (2016-456 Nov. 23, 30, Dec. 7, 14) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON
- 820 (2016-466 Nov. 23, 30, Dec. 7, 14) PUBLIC NOTICE
- 820 (2016-472 Nov. 30, Dec. 7) NORTH CENTRAL REGIONAL LIBRARY NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
- 820 (2016-473 Dec. 7, 14) Notice of Impact Aid Public Hearing
- 820 (2016-474 Dec. 7, 14, 21) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 820 (2016-475 Dec. 7) NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
Chronicle News Broadcast for Oct. 19, 2016
An Oroville woman injured in car wreck near Crumbacher, Omak house damaged by fire, thousands expected to attend Okanogan Family (Barter) Faire, Natalie Carrier talks about the Omak Zombie Fun Run, a look at your weekend weather forecast, and weekly sports report. Enlarge