Wednesday, May 15, 2013
OKANOGAN The city probably won’t spray for mosquitoes this year.
During its May 7 meeting, the City Council heard a recommendation from its Personnel, Public Safety and Contracting Committee that spraying be suspended.
No spraying was done last year after the contracted pilot’s plane crashed near Okanogan while doing agricultural spraying.
This year, Omak decided not to spray for budgetary reasons. Okanogan piggybacked on Omak’s spray permit and time is too short to seek a permit of its own.
No action was taken on the recommendation.
In other business, the council:
• Learned Okanogan seniors are making a Zen garden at Arboretum Park.
• Decided to give volunteer awards during Okanogan Days on June 1.
• Decided to replace a couple manholes on Pine Street as part of a paving project this summer.
• Tabled a proposed 2013-14 agreement with the North-Central Washington Narcotics Task Force. The council wants a task force representative to make a presentation.
• Advanced to second reading a resolution authorizing Upper Valley Disposal to pick up garbage in the Fowler Annexation area at the south end of town. Upper Valley picked up trash in the area before the annexation.
Sunrise Disposal picks up garbage elsewhere in the city.
More like this story
- 49 state patrol troopers sworn in
- Omak bond measure failing in initial returns
- 810 (2017-105 April 26) CITY OF OKANOGAN, WASHINGTON ORDINANCE NO. 1175
- 810 (2017-106 April 26) Notice of Application
- 820 (2017-092 April 19, 26) The Colville Tribal Correctional Facility (CTCF) is issuing a Request
- 820 (2017-093 April 19, 26) The Colville Tribal Correctional Facility (CTCF) is issuing a Request
- 820 (2017-094 April 19, 26) The Colville Tribal Correctional Facility (CTCF) is issuing a Request
- 820 (2017-097 April 19, 26, May 3) NOTICE TO CREDITORS
- 820 (2017-098 April 19, 26) CALL FOR BIDS.
- 820 (2017-102 April 26) The Town of Riverside is seeking applications for Town Council Position No.1.