Wednesday, May 15, 2013
No arrests yet in Miller case
OKANOGAN – The Sheriff’s Office is continuing to follow leads in the death of Leonard K. Miller.
Miller, 88, was found dead Feb. 9 in his rural home at 33 Brooks Tract. The manner in which he died is not being made public, since investigators and whoever killed him are the only ones who know, Sheriff Frank Rogers said.
His office has made no arrests.
“We are still working on it,” he said. “We’re still getting different leads.”
Additional leads came in as recently as May 5, he said.
“We will keep trying,” he said.
Evidence from the scene has been sent to the state crime lab.
Rangers resume controlled burns
TWISP — This week, the Methow Valley Ranger District is look at prescribed burn units in the following areas: Squaw Creek, Little Bridge Creek in the Twisp River drainage, Fawn Creek and Eightmile Creek.
Unit sizes range from 20 to 185 acres. Burn locations on any given day will depend on the condition of fuels in the units, weather, staffing and smoke approval. On Monday, crews were checking out the units to assess their condition.
Flood stage raised one foot
SPOKANE —The National Weather Service has updated the flood stage for the Similkameen River.
Starting in May, the flood stage will be raised from 13 feet to 14 feet.
More like this story
- 820 (2015-518, Oct. 7, 14, 21) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON IN AND FOR THE COUNTY OF OKANOGAN
- 820 (2015-513 Oct. 7) NOTICE OF PUBLIC TIMBER SALE
- 820 (2015-512 Oct. 7, 14) NOTICE OF PUBLIC TIMBER SALE
- 820 (2015-507 Sept. 30, Oct. 7, 14, 21) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 820 (2015-503 Sept. 30, Oct. 7) NOTICE OF HEARING PUBLIC UTILITY DISTRICT NO. 1 OF OKANOGAN COUNTY 2016 PROPOSED BUDGET
- 820 (2015-490 Sept. 23, 30, Oct. 7) In The Superior Court Of The State Of Washington County of Chelan.
- 820 (2015-456 Sept. 2, 9, 16, 23, 30, Oct. 7) SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON COUNTY OF OKANOGAN
- 820 (2015-455 Sept. 2, 9, 16, 23, 30, Oct. 7) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON
- 820 (2015 - 524, Oct. 7) Public Notice
- 820 (2015 - 524, Oct. 7) Town of Twisp Request for Statement of Qualifications
State Department of Fish and Wildlife Sgt. Dan Christensen recorded this video of the release of a mama bear and her three cubs Friday, Sept. 11, 2015. The bears were captured in a tree at Esther Bricques Winery near Ellisforde. The original video was much longer. We've edited out several minutes of footage between the cubs leaving the first trap and the mama and cub leaving the second trap. Enlarge