Wednesday, May 15, 2013
No arrests yet in Miller case
OKANOGAN – The Sheriff’s Office is continuing to follow leads in the death of Leonard K. Miller.
Miller, 88, was found dead Feb. 9 in his rural home at 33 Brooks Tract. The manner in which he died is not being made public, since investigators and whoever killed him are the only ones who know, Sheriff Frank Rogers said.
His office has made no arrests.
“We are still working on it,” he said. “We’re still getting different leads.”
Additional leads came in as recently as May 5, he said.
“We will keep trying,” he said.
Evidence from the scene has been sent to the state crime lab.
Rangers resume controlled burns
TWISP — This week, the Methow Valley Ranger District is look at prescribed burn units in the following areas: Squaw Creek, Little Bridge Creek in the Twisp River drainage, Fawn Creek and Eightmile Creek.
Unit sizes range from 20 to 185 acres. Burn locations on any given day will depend on the condition of fuels in the units, weather, staffing and smoke approval. On Monday, crews were checking out the units to assess their condition.
Flood stage raised one foot
SPOKANE —The National Weather Service has updated the flood stage for the Similkameen River.
Starting in May, the flood stage will be raised from 13 feet to 14 feet.
More like this story
- Weather brings school delays, closures
- McDonald's plans to introduce new ‘Big Mac' sizes
- Forever stamp prices increase Sunday
- More wet weather in the forecast
- Some after school activities, sports cancelled
- Storm prompts clinic cancelations
- Winter storm brings school delays, closures
- 810 (2017-009 Jan. 11, 18) REQUEST FOR QUALIFICATIONS (RFQ) AIRPORT MASTER PLAN
- 810 (2017-012 Jan. 18) Notice of Public Hearing
- 810 (2017-016 Jan. 18) Notice of Public Hearing Micro Processing/Manufacturing OKA RA 16-1
Chronicle News Broadcast for Oct. 19, 2016
An Oroville woman injured in car wreck near Crumbacher, Omak house damaged by fire, thousands expected to attend Okanogan Family (Barter) Faire, Natalie Carrier talks about the Omak Zombie Fun Run, a look at your weekend weather forecast, and weekly sports report. Enlarge