Wednesday, May 15, 2013
OKANOGAN Several candidates threw their hats into the ring during the first day of filing week, May 13-17.
Dozens of local government offices are up for grabs in Okanogan, Douglas, Ferry and surrounding counties.
Some positions have filing fees. All are non-partisan, except for the Legislative District No. 7 Senate position now held by Republican appointee John Smith, Colville.
All precinct committee positions are up for election, county auditors said.
Candidates can file in person at their respective county auditor’s offices. Online filing is open until 4 p.m. Friday.
No candidates had filed in Ferry County as of May 9.
Positions drawing candidates as of May 13 are:
City of Brewster – Council position No. 5, Timothy Rieb.
Town of Conconully – Council position No. 1, Donald G. Smith.
Town of Elmer City – Mayor, Gail Morin, Elmer City.
City of Omak – Mayor, Cindy Gagne; council position No. 3, Nattalie Cariker.
City of Tonasket – Mayor, Patrick D. Plumb.
Methow Valley School District – Director No. 4, Gary L. Marchbank, Winthrop.
Cemetery District No. 2 – Commissioner position No. 1, Carol J. Gaston, Twisp; commissioner position No. 3, Dick Webb, Twisp.
Cemetery District No. 4 – Commissioner position No. 3, Ted Christensen, Oroville.
Fire District No. 12 – Commissioner position No. 2, Jenny Holst, Tonasket.
Legislative District No. 7 – Mike Brunson, Republican, Springdale; John Smith, Republican, Colville.
Brewster School District – Director No. 3, Dana Divis, Brewster.
Okanogan-Douglas Hospital District No. 1 – Commissioner No. 2, Jerry R. Tretwold, Brewster; Cherryl Thomas, Winthrop.
Okanogan-Grant-Lincoln-Douglas Hospital District No. 6 – Commissioner No. 1, Kristan Hare, Coulee Dam; Jerry L. Kennedy, Electric City.
Town of Coulee Dam – Mayor, Gayland (Quincy) Snow, Coulee Dam, and F. Gregory (Greg) Wilder, Coulee Dam; council position No. 3, Duane Johnson, Coulee Dam.
More like this story
- Weather brings school delays
- More wet weather in the forecast
- Some after school activities, sports cancelled
- Storm prompts clinic cancelations
- Winter storm brings school delays, closures
- 810 (2017-009 Jan. 11, 18) REQUEST FOR QUALIFICATIONS (RFQ) AIRPORT MASTER PLAN
- 810 (2017-012 Jan. 18) Notice of Public Hearing
- 810 (2017-016 Jan. 18) Notice of Public Hearing Micro Processing/Manufacturing OKA RA 16-1
- 820 (2017-008 Jan. 11, 18) Okanogan County Dept. of Public Works NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
- 820 (2017-010 Jan. 18, 25, Feb. 01) SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
Chronicle News Broadcast for Oct. 19, 2016
An Oroville woman injured in car wreck near Crumbacher, Omak house damaged by fire, thousands expected to attend Okanogan Family (Barter) Faire, Natalie Carrier talks about the Omak Zombie Fun Run, a look at your weekend weather forecast, and weekly sports report. Enlarge