Wednesday, May 15, 2013
OKANOGAN Several candidates threw their hats into the ring during the first day of filing week, May 13-17.
Dozens of local government offices are up for grabs in Okanogan, Douglas, Ferry and surrounding counties.
Some positions have filing fees. All are non-partisan, except for the Legislative District No. 7 Senate position now held by Republican appointee John Smith, Colville.
All precinct committee positions are up for election, county auditors said.
Candidates can file in person at their respective county auditor’s offices. Online filing is open until 4 p.m. Friday.
No candidates had filed in Ferry County as of May 9.
Positions drawing candidates as of May 13 are:
City of Brewster – Council position No. 5, Timothy Rieb.
Town of Conconully – Council position No. 1, Donald G. Smith.
Town of Elmer City – Mayor, Gail Morin, Elmer City.
City of Omak – Mayor, Cindy Gagne; council position No. 3, Nattalie Cariker.
City of Tonasket – Mayor, Patrick D. Plumb.
Methow Valley School District – Director No. 4, Gary L. Marchbank, Winthrop.
Cemetery District No. 2 – Commissioner position No. 1, Carol J. Gaston, Twisp; commissioner position No. 3, Dick Webb, Twisp.
Cemetery District No. 4 – Commissioner position No. 3, Ted Christensen, Oroville.
Fire District No. 12 – Commissioner position No. 2, Jenny Holst, Tonasket.
Legislative District No. 7 – Mike Brunson, Republican, Springdale; John Smith, Republican, Colville.
Brewster School District – Director No. 3, Dana Divis, Brewster.
Okanogan-Douglas Hospital District No. 1 – Commissioner No. 2, Jerry R. Tretwold, Brewster; Cherryl Thomas, Winthrop.
Okanogan-Grant-Lincoln-Douglas Hospital District No. 6 – Commissioner No. 1, Kristan Hare, Coulee Dam; Jerry L. Kennedy, Electric City.
Town of Coulee Dam – Mayor, Gayland (Quincy) Snow, Coulee Dam, and F. Gregory (Greg) Wilder, Coulee Dam; council position No. 3, Duane Johnson, Coulee Dam.
More like this story
- 810 (2015-472 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) City of Omak
- 810 (2015-562 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) INVITATION TO BID
- 810 (2015-613 Nov. 18, 25) At the regular council meeting of November 10, 2015
- 810 (2015-626 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) Notice is hereby given that the Town of Riverside, Washington
- 810 (2015-627 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) A public meeting for the 2016 Budget
- 810 (2015-628 Nov. 25) NOTICE OF ORDINANCE PASSED BY THE OKANOGAN CITY COUNCIL
- 810 (2015-629 Nov. 25) CITY OF OKANOGAN NOTICE OF STREET CLOSURE NOTICE
- 810 (2015-630 Nov. 25) SUMMARY OF RESOLUTION No. 39-2015 OF THE City of Omak, Washington.
- 810 (2015-632 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
- 820 (2015-612 Nov. 18, 25, Dec. 2) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON