Wednesday, May 15, 2013
OKANOGAN Several candidates threw their hats into the ring during the first day of filing week, May 13-17.
Dozens of local government offices are up for grabs in Okanogan, Douglas, Ferry and surrounding counties.
Some positions have filing fees. All are non-partisan, except for the Legislative District No. 7 Senate position now held by Republican appointee John Smith, Colville.
All precinct committee positions are up for election, county auditors said.
Candidates can file in person at their respective county auditor’s offices. Online filing is open until 4 p.m. Friday.
No candidates had filed in Ferry County as of May 9.
Positions drawing candidates as of May 13 are:
City of Brewster – Council position No. 5, Timothy Rieb.
Town of Conconully – Council position No. 1, Donald G. Smith.
Town of Elmer City – Mayor, Gail Morin, Elmer City.
City of Omak – Mayor, Cindy Gagne; council position No. 3, Nattalie Cariker.
City of Tonasket – Mayor, Patrick D. Plumb.
Methow Valley School District – Director No. 4, Gary L. Marchbank, Winthrop.
Cemetery District No. 2 – Commissioner position No. 1, Carol J. Gaston, Twisp; commissioner position No. 3, Dick Webb, Twisp.
Cemetery District No. 4 – Commissioner position No. 3, Ted Christensen, Oroville.
Fire District No. 12 – Commissioner position No. 2, Jenny Holst, Tonasket.
Legislative District No. 7 – Mike Brunson, Republican, Springdale; John Smith, Republican, Colville.
Brewster School District – Director No. 3, Dana Divis, Brewster.
Okanogan-Douglas Hospital District No. 1 – Commissioner No. 2, Jerry R. Tretwold, Brewster; Cherryl Thomas, Winthrop.
Okanogan-Grant-Lincoln-Douglas Hospital District No. 6 – Commissioner No. 1, Kristan Hare, Coulee Dam; Jerry L. Kennedy, Electric City.
Town of Coulee Dam – Mayor, Gayland (Quincy) Snow, Coulee Dam, and F. Gregory (Greg) Wilder, Coulee Dam; council position No. 3, Duane Johnson, Coulee Dam.
More like this story
- Guthrie music remembered Saturday
- Youth soccer tourney results announced
- Oxygen airs show about Tonasket murder
- 800 (2016-202 May 18, 25, June 1)
- 800 (2016-213 May 18, 25) NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
- 800 (2016-214 May 18, 25) NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
- 800 (2016-233 May 25) TONASKET EMERGENCY MEDICAL SERVICES DISTRICT NOTICE
- 800 (2016-235 May 25, June 1) NOTICE OF CALL FOR BIDS
- 800 (2016-237 May 25, June 1) NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING (Supplemental Appropriation)
- 800 (2016-238 May 25) Notice of Final SEPA Determination and Hearing Date CUP 2016-2 “N.O. Paws
Reclamation officials talk about Conconully Lake Resort
Chronicle video by Brock Hires. Enlarge