Wednesday, May 15, 2013
OKANOGAN Several candidates threw their hats into the ring during the first day of filing week, May 13-17.
Dozens of local government offices are up for grabs in Okanogan, Douglas, Ferry and surrounding counties.
Some positions have filing fees. All are non-partisan, except for the Legislative District No. 7 Senate position now held by Republican appointee John Smith, Colville.
All precinct committee positions are up for election, county auditors said.
Candidates can file in person at their respective county auditor’s offices. Online filing is open until 4 p.m. Friday.
No candidates had filed in Ferry County as of May 9.
Positions drawing candidates as of May 13 are:
City of Brewster – Council position No. 5, Timothy Rieb.
Town of Conconully – Council position No. 1, Donald G. Smith.
Town of Elmer City – Mayor, Gail Morin, Elmer City.
City of Omak – Mayor, Cindy Gagne; council position No. 3, Nattalie Cariker.
City of Tonasket – Mayor, Patrick D. Plumb.
Methow Valley School District – Director No. 4, Gary L. Marchbank, Winthrop.
Cemetery District No. 2 – Commissioner position No. 1, Carol J. Gaston, Twisp; commissioner position No. 3, Dick Webb, Twisp.
Cemetery District No. 4 – Commissioner position No. 3, Ted Christensen, Oroville.
Fire District No. 12 – Commissioner position No. 2, Jenny Holst, Tonasket.
Legislative District No. 7 – Mike Brunson, Republican, Springdale; John Smith, Republican, Colville.
Brewster School District – Director No. 3, Dana Divis, Brewster.
Okanogan-Douglas Hospital District No. 1 – Commissioner No. 2, Jerry R. Tretwold, Brewster; Cherryl Thomas, Winthrop.
Okanogan-Grant-Lincoln-Douglas Hospital District No. 6 – Commissioner No. 1, Kristan Hare, Coulee Dam; Jerry L. Kennedy, Electric City.
Town of Coulee Dam – Mayor, Gayland (Quincy) Snow, Coulee Dam, and F. Gregory (Greg) Wilder, Coulee Dam; council position No. 3, Duane Johnson, Coulee Dam.
More like this story
- Bail set for Piturachsatit
- Candidates speak at Lincoln Day dinner
- Lake Roosevelt Elementary assistant principal arrested
- 800 (2016-029 Jan. 27, Feb. 3) NOTICE OF CALL FOR BIDS
- 800 (2016-042 Feb. 3) Okanogan County Notice of Final Decision
- 800 (2016-044 Feb. 3, 10) PUBLIC NOTICE OKANOGAN COUNTY SMALL WORKS ROSTER
- 800 (2016-047 Feb. 3) Okanogan County Notice of Final Decision
- 800 (2016-048 Feb. 3) Okanogan County Notice of Final Decision
- 800 (2016-049 Feb. 3) Okanogan County Notice of Final Decision
- 800 (2016-050 Feb. 3) Okanogan County Notice of Final Decision