Wednesday, May 15, 2013
NESPELEM A wolf drawing contest, open to students in third- through sixth-grades, is under way by the Colville Confederated Tribes.
“Draw a picture, image or symbol that reflects how you, your family or your community view the gray wolf,” the tribe said.
Drawings must be done on standard 8- by 11-inch paper and turned in to the artist’s school office by Wednesday, May 22.
Each drawing should bear the child’s name, grade, school and teacher on the front or back.
One winner will be chosen by the tribe’s Wildlife Division from the east side of the reservation and one from the west side.
Winners will be announced at wolf presentations May 29 in Nespelem and June 4 in Inchelium.
More like this story
- Fire safety urged over holiday weekend
- Guthrie music remembered Saturday
- Youth soccer tourney results announced
- Oxygen airs show about Tonasket murder
- 800 (2016-202 May 18, 25, June 1)
- 800 (2016-213 May 18, 25) NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
- 800 (2016-214 May 18, 25) NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
- 800 (2016-233 May 25) TONASKET EMERGENCY MEDICAL SERVICES DISTRICT NOTICE
- 800 (2016-235 May 25, June 1) NOTICE OF CALL FOR BIDS
- 800 (2016-237 May 25, June 1) NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING (Supplemental Appropriation)
Reclamation officials talk about Conconully Lake Resort
Chronicle video by Brock Hires. Enlarge