Wednesday, May 15, 2013
NESPELEM A wolf drawing contest, open to students in third- through sixth-grades, is under way by the Colville Confederated Tribes.
“Draw a picture, image or symbol that reflects how you, your family or your community view the gray wolf,” the tribe said.
Drawings must be done on standard 8- by 11-inch paper and turned in to the artist’s school office by Wednesday, May 22.
Each drawing should bear the child’s name, grade, school and teacher on the front or back.
One winner will be chosen by the tribe’s Wildlife Division from the east side of the reservation and one from the west side.
Winners will be announced at wolf presentations May 29 in Nespelem and June 4 in Inchelium.
More like this story
- Fire destroys historic house
- Football scores: Three teams stay undefeated
- DNR dropping fire danger rating in Ferry County
- Three of five bears in tree relocated
- PUD sued over new power line
- Suspect charged in Knowlton’s death
- ‘Flash Float’ raises river access awareness
- Bail remains at $750,000 for shooting suspect
- 810 (2016-374 Sept. 21) CITY OF OMAK REQUEST FOR 2017 HOTEL/MOTEL TAX FUNDS
- 820 (2016-368 Sept. 14, 21, 28, Oct. 5, 12, 19) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT
Chronicle News Broadcast for Sept. 21, 2016
Five bears reported in Omak tree, flash mob takes to the Okanogan River, suspect charged with vehicular homicide, and weekly football scores. Enlarge