Wednesday, May 15, 2013
NESPELEM A wolf drawing contest, open to students in third- through sixth-grades, is under way by the Colville Confederated Tribes.
“Draw a picture, image or symbol that reflects how you, your family or your community view the gray wolf,” the tribe said.
Drawings must be done on standard 8- by 11-inch paper and turned in to the artist’s school office by Wednesday, May 22.
Each drawing should bear the child’s name, grade, school and teacher on the front or back.
One winner will be chosen by the tribe’s Wildlife Division from the east side of the reservation and one from the west side.
Winners will be announced at wolf presentations May 29 in Nespelem and June 4 in Inchelium.
More like this story
- Okanogan school levy falling short of 60 percent
- 800 (2016-173 April 27, May 4) Notice of Public Hearing
- 800 (2016-175 April 27) Mooney SP 2016-2 Application and SEPA Exemption
- 800 (2016-176 April 27) Jackass SP 2016-1 Application and SEPA Exemption
- 800 (2016-177 April 27) Yakama Nation Twisp Ponds Project, SEPA 2016-1 Final SEPA Determination
- 800 (2016-178 April 27) Okanogan County Notice of Final Decision
- 800 (2016-179 April 27) Okanogan County Notice of Final Decision
- 800 (2016-180 April 27) Okanogan County Notice of Final Decision
- 810 (2016-166 April 20, 27) CITY OF OKANOGAN MUNICIPAL SWIMMING POOL
- 800 (2016-167 April 20, 27) CITY OF BREWSTER INVITATION TO BID
Reclamation officials talk about Conconully Lake Resort
Chronicle video by Brock Hires. Enlarge