Wednesday, May 15, 2013
NESPELEM A wolf drawing contest, open to students in third- through sixth-grades, is under way by the Colville Confederated Tribes.
“Draw a picture, image or symbol that reflects how you, your family or your community view the gray wolf,” the tribe said.
Drawings must be done on standard 8- by 11-inch paper and turned in to the artist’s school office by Wednesday, May 22.
Each drawing should bear the child’s name, grade, school and teacher on the front or back.
One winner will be chosen by the tribe’s Wildlife Division from the east side of the reservation and one from the west side.
Winners will be announced at wolf presentations May 29 in Nespelem and June 4 in Inchelium.
More like this story
- Business Council Chairman Boyd has died
- Do-it-yourself fireworks show in limbo
- Small fires, smoke checks reported
- Colville Tribal election returns too close to call
- Okanogan County ATV ordinance ruled invalid
- New wolf pack confirmed in Ferry County
- Safe 'n' Sane fireworks allowed in part of Omak
- 800 (2016-259 June 15, 22) Superior Court Clerk is requesting proposals
- 800 (2016-262 June 22) Notice of Primary Election
- 800 (2016-266 June 15, 22, 29, July 6, 13, 20) SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON,
2016 Molson Mid-Summer Festival
Here's a clip of the annual Molson Mid-Summer Festival, June 18, 2016. Chronicle video by Brock Hires. Enlarge