Wednesday, May 15, 2013
NESPELEM Two of five incumbents seeking re-election were knocked out of the Colville Business Council in the primary election.
Results of the May 4 primary were certified May 9 after absentee ballots were counted.
Darlene Zacherle, Keller District, and Brian J. Nissen, Nespelem District, were dismissed from the running by voters. They will serve until the council’s annual reorganization on July 11.
Incumbents advancing to the June 15 general election are Ernest “Sneena” Brooks, Omak District; Andrew C. Joseph Jr., Nespelem District, and Benny Marchand Jr., Omak District.
Incumbent Luana Boyd Rowley did not seek re-election to Inchelium District position No. 1. The Inchelium District No. 2 position drew only two candidates, avoiding a primary.
The top two vote-getters for each position will move on to the general election. Poll votes will be certified June 17 and absentee votes will be certified and added to the poll votes June 20.
Newly elected council members will be sworn in July 11 during the council’s annual reorganization meeting.
Primary election results
Inchelium Position No. 1 – David T. Madera 83, Doug Seymour 68, Stevey Seymour 87.
Keller Position No. 1 – Darlene Zacherle (incumbent) 46, Jack W. Ferguson 52, Leroy Jerred 6, Sylvia Tatshama Peasley 18, John F. Stensgar 48.
Nespelem Position No. 1 – Brian J. Nissen (incumbent) 112, Ricky Gabriel 117, Randy Laramie 43, Deb Louie 155, Joaquin Marchand 89, Tum-chis-Li-wit Mylan Williams Sr. 16.
Nespelem Position No. 2 – Andrew C. Joseph Jr. (incumbent) 213, Charlene BearCub 101, Jonnie L. Bray 57, John St. Pierre 59, Enid T. Wippel 103.
Omak Position No. 1 – Ernest “Sneena” Brooks (incumbent) 149, Shirley K. Charley 113, Karen Condon 52, Stuart Sellars 44, Ricard Tupling 107.
Omak Position No. 2 – Benny Marchand Jr. (incumbent) 183, Anne “Muffin” Marchand 50, Michael E. Marchand 197, Luana L. Squetimkin 38.
More like this story
- Crews work to line Pickens North fire
- 820 (2016-349 Aug. 24, 31) CALL for BIDS-BID No. 418-16
- Opening arguments start in Alltus murder case
- 810 (2016-346 Aug. 17, 24) NOTICE TO CONTRACTORS
- (2016-336 Aug. 10, 17, 24) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 820 (2016-347 Aug. 24)Notice The Okanogan County Transit Authority
- 820 (2016-348 Aug. 24) Notice The Okanogan County Transit Authority Board
- Meteorologists issue red flag warning
- Nearly $6,000 raised for motorcyclist’s family
- Hospital board does interview without search
Live wildfire coverage
Pickens Mountain fire near Split Rock Road in Havillah. Footage filmed live on location 8/24/16 Enlarge