Wednesday, May 15, 2013
ISSAQUAH Josef Avena of Omak and the Wenatchee Fire boys under 11 soccer team recently won the state title and are headed to regional competition.
The Sting won its first-ever cup by outscoring opponents 32-8 in the 18-team tournament that started April 19 and finished April 28.
The Sting finished undefeated by topping Tacoma’s Rainier Soccer Alliance, 2-0, in the championship.
Wenatchee advances to play champions from Northern California, Alaska, Idaho, Montana and Oregon in National Premier League regional championship starting June 22 in Redmond.
Avena, who tried out and made the team, has been traveling to Wenatchee to practice three times a week.
Sting 9, Coeur d’Alene 3
Sting 9, Academy of Soccer 0
Sting 5, Idaho Thunder 2
Sting 4, Tacoma 1
Sting 3, XIFA 3
Sting 2, Rainier Soccer Alliance 0
More like this story
- Week 5 high bowling scores
- Fishing to open for hatchery steelhead, rainbows
- Federal help sought for fire recovery
- Legislator calls for fight against McCleary
- Family Faire wraps up today
- Friday football scores: Okanogan wins big
- 820 (2015-518, Oct. 7, 14, 21) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON IN AND FOR THE COUNTY OF OKANOGAN
- 820 (2015-513 Oct. 7) NOTICE OF PUBLIC TIMBER SALE
- 820 (2015-512 Oct. 7, 14) NOTICE OF PUBLIC TIMBER SALE
- 820 (2015-507 Sept. 30, Oct. 7, 14, 21) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
State Department of Fish and Wildlife Sgt. Dan Christensen recorded this video of the release of a mama bear and her three cubs Friday, Sept. 11, 2015. The bears were captured in a tree at Esther Bricques Winery near Ellisforde. The original video was much longer. We've edited out several minutes of footage between the cubs leaving the first trap and the mama and cub leaving the second trap. Enlarge