Wednesday, May 15, 2013
ISSAQUAH Josef Avena of Omak and the Wenatchee Fire boys under 11 soccer team recently won the state title and are headed to regional competition.
The Sting won its first-ever cup by outscoring opponents 32-8 in the 18-team tournament that started April 19 and finished April 28.
The Sting finished undefeated by topping Tacoma’s Rainier Soccer Alliance, 2-0, in the championship.
Wenatchee advances to play champions from Northern California, Alaska, Idaho, Montana and Oregon in National Premier League regional championship starting June 22 in Redmond.
Avena, who tried out and made the team, has been traveling to Wenatchee to practice three times a week.
Sting 9, Coeur d’Alene 3
Sting 9, Academy of Soccer 0
Sting 5, Idaho Thunder 2
Sting 4, Tacoma 1
Sting 3, XIFA 3
Sting 2, Rainier Soccer Alliance 0
More like this story
- Royal tops Okanogan, 49-0, in state quarterfinals
- St. George's eases past Brewster, 2-1, following a shootout at state
- Omak man arrested after fatal fire
- Investigators called fatal fire scene
- Navy crew responsible for phallic skywriting
- WVCO addresses Confederate flag displayed by student
- Driver injured in accident near Grand Coulee
- Firefighters respond to fully engulfed house fire
- 'The Price Is Right Live' returns to Town Toyota Center
- 51 million americans to travel Thanksgiving weekend