Wednesday, May 15, 2013
ISSAQUAH Josef Avena of Omak and the Wenatchee Fire boys under 11 soccer team recently won the state title and are headed to regional competition.
The Sting won its first-ever cup by outscoring opponents 32-8 in the 18-team tournament that started April 19 and finished April 28.
The Sting finished undefeated by topping Tacoma’s Rainier Soccer Alliance, 2-0, in the championship.
Wenatchee advances to play champions from Northern California, Alaska, Idaho, Montana and Oregon in National Premier League regional championship starting June 22 in Redmond.
Avena, who tried out and made the team, has been traveling to Wenatchee to practice three times a week.
Sting 9, Coeur d’Alene 3
Sting 9, Academy of Soccer 0
Sting 5, Idaho Thunder 2
Sting 4, Tacoma 1
Sting 3, XIFA 3
Sting 2, Rainier Soccer Alliance 0
More like this story
- Court denies ATV case review
- Three Devils case heads to appeals court
- Holiday Twinkies recalled
- 810 (2017-009 Jan. 11, 18) REQUEST FOR QUALIFICATIONS (RFQ)
- 820 (2017-001 Jan. 4, 11)
- 820 (2017-006 Jan. 11) PUBLIC NOTICE
- 820 (2017-007 Jan. 11) SMALL WORKS APPLICATIONS
- 820 (2017-008 Jan. 11, 18) Okanogan County Dept. of Public Works NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
- Burn ban issued for Okanogan, Stevens counties
- Pearl Jam donates $25,000 to Rail Trail
Chronicle News Broadcast for Oct. 19, 2016
An Oroville woman injured in car wreck near Crumbacher, Omak house damaged by fire, thousands expected to attend Okanogan Family (Barter) Faire, Natalie Carrier talks about the Omak Zombie Fun Run, a look at your weekend weather forecast, and weekly sports report. Enlarge