Wednesday, May 15, 2013
ISSAQUAH Josef Avena of Omak and the Wenatchee Fire boys under 11 soccer team recently won the state title and are headed to regional competition.
The Sting won its first-ever cup by outscoring opponents 32-8 in the 18-team tournament that started April 19 and finished April 28.
The Sting finished undefeated by topping Tacoma’s Rainier Soccer Alliance, 2-0, in the championship.
Wenatchee advances to play champions from Northern California, Alaska, Idaho, Montana and Oregon in National Premier League regional championship starting June 22 in Redmond.
Avena, who tried out and made the team, has been traveling to Wenatchee to practice three times a week.
Sting 9, Coeur d’Alene 3
Sting 9, Academy of Soccer 0
Sting 5, Idaho Thunder 2
Sting 4, Tacoma 1
Sting 3, XIFA 3
Sting 2, Rainier Soccer Alliance 0
More like this story
- Power outage reported in Highway 20, Malott and Twisp areas
- Student earns Eagle rank
- Snow survey: Yup, lots of water
- Tribe offers bounty on pike
- Highway clearing continues
- Distracted driving bill approved
- Tonasket ponders annexation
- Newhouse bows out of meeting; staff will relay messages
- State House honors Mel Tonasket
- 810 (2017-099 April 19) SUMMARY OF ORDINANCE NO. 889 of the City of Brewster, Washington