Sunday, May 12, 2013
TWISP Student and adult musicians will perform during Pipestone School of Music’s annual Music Days Celebration on May 25-26.
The event features a Pipestone Orchestra concert at 7 p.m. Saturday at the Methow Valley Community Center, 201 S. Methow Valley Highway, and a student recital at 1 p.m. Sunday.
Admission will be charged to the Saturday concert.
Admission to the recital is free.
Pipestone Orchestra, directed by Tara Kaiyala Weaver, will present a program that includes the first movement of Dvorak’s New World Symphony.
Student performers are Nick Saunders and Keeley Brooks.
On Sunday, students will display their talents in violin, viola, cello, guitar, piano and flute in the same location.
More like this story
- Dahlquist retires
- Youker gets 20 years in federal prison
- Men tell of surviving prostate cancer
- Split End changes ownership
- Engle takes state 2B javelin crown
- 3.1 million Tommee Tippee Sippee cups recalled
- Fire safety urged over holiday weekend
- Guthrie music remembered Saturday
- Youth soccer tourney results announced
- Oxygen airs show about Tonasket murder
Reclamation officials talk about Conconully Lake Resort
Chronicle video by Brock Hires. Enlarge