Sunday, May 12, 2013
OROVILLE A Quebec man was arrested May 8 at the U.S. Canadian border on several drug charges.
He was one of several people arrested by U.S. Customs and Border Protection at various land ports of entry along the border the week of May 5-10.
Alexis Boudreau, 21, of Sherbrooke, Quebec, Canada, was arrested at the Oroville Port of Entry on suspicion of possession of a controlled substance, possession of a controlled substance with intent to deliver, possession of drug paraphernalia and an immigration detainer.
He was one of three passengers in an SUV stopped at the border. The driver, who was not identified, claimed they had recently moved to British Columbia and had gotten lost in an attempt to locate a local beach on Lake Osoyoos, Customs and Border Protection said.
A search of the vehicle resulted in discovery of a backpack claimed by Boudreau that allegedly contained 597 pills of the illicit drug ecstasy.
One other passenger was discovered to be in possession of a small amount of marijuana and was issued a criminal citation by the Washington State Patrol for being in possession under of the age of 21. That person was not identified.
In other cases:
• A Seattle man was arrested at the Peace Arch Port of Entry, Blaine, for alleged possession of a stolen vehicle.
• An Edmonton, Alberta, man was arrested on two outstanding misdemeanor warrants from Blaine Police Department.
• A citizen of Japan listing an address in Vancouver, B.C., was discovered to be in possession of multiple DVDs and a computer external hard drive that allegedly contained hundreds of pornographic photographs of children.
More like this story
- Community engagement is Methow fair’s theme
- VIEW FROM THE SIDELINES: Start them young
- Training exercise planned
- Delayed opener predicted for North Cascades Highway
- Games must go on
- UW students spend break working with youngsters
- Gas prices remain stable; price increases expected
- Growers meet with lawmakers
- Breakfast bill gets Steele amendments
- Drivers have until March 31 to remove studded tires