Sunday, May 12, 2013
OROVILLE A Quebec man was arrested May 8 at the U.S. Canadian border on several drug charges.
He was one of several people arrested by U.S. Customs and Border Protection at various land ports of entry along the border the week of May 5-10.
Alexis Boudreau, 21, of Sherbrooke, Quebec, Canada, was arrested at the Oroville Port of Entry on suspicion of possession of a controlled substance, possession of a controlled substance with intent to deliver, possession of drug paraphernalia and an immigration detainer.
He was one of three passengers in an SUV stopped at the border. The driver, who was not identified, claimed they had recently moved to British Columbia and had gotten lost in an attempt to locate a local beach on Lake Osoyoos, Customs and Border Protection said.
A search of the vehicle resulted in discovery of a backpack claimed by Boudreau that allegedly contained 597 pills of the illicit drug ecstasy.
One other passenger was discovered to be in possession of a small amount of marijuana and was issued a criminal citation by the Washington State Patrol for being in possession under of the age of 21. That person was not identified.
In other cases:
• A Seattle man was arrested at the Peace Arch Port of Entry, Blaine, for alleged possession of a stolen vehicle.
• An Edmonton, Alberta, man was arrested on two outstanding misdemeanor warrants from Blaine Police Department.
• A citizen of Japan listing an address in Vancouver, B.C., was discovered to be in possession of multiple DVDs and a computer external hard drive that allegedly contained hundreds of pornographic photographs of children.
More like this story
- PUD hopefuls share their views at forum
- Thunderstorm rips through county
- Ready, set, Pokemon Go! Online game craze hits the Okanogan
- New curtains installed at PAC
- Officials issue hazardous weather outlook
- Former NVH employee ‘disappointed’ with district
- DNR to add fire base in Omak
- Lynx could be added to state endangered list
- Hit-and-run crash kills Brewster teacher
- Bar-S Foods Company recalls hot dogs, corn dogs
2016 Molson Mid-Summer Festival
Here's a clip of the annual Molson Mid-Summer Festival, June 18, 2016. Chronicle video by Brock Hires. Enlarge