Sunday, May 12, 2013
OROVILLE A Quebec man was arrested May 8 at the U.S. Canadian border on several drug charges.
He was one of several people arrested by U.S. Customs and Border Protection at various land ports of entry along the border the week of May 5-10.
Alexis Boudreau, 21, of Sherbrooke, Quebec, Canada, was arrested at the Oroville Port of Entry on suspicion of possession of a controlled substance, possession of a controlled substance with intent to deliver, possession of drug paraphernalia and an immigration detainer.
He was one of three passengers in an SUV stopped at the border. The driver, who was not identified, claimed they had recently moved to British Columbia and had gotten lost in an attempt to locate a local beach on Lake Osoyoos, Customs and Border Protection said.
A search of the vehicle resulted in discovery of a backpack claimed by Boudreau that allegedly contained 597 pills of the illicit drug ecstasy.
One other passenger was discovered to be in possession of a small amount of marijuana and was issued a criminal citation by the Washington State Patrol for being in possession under of the age of 21. That person was not identified.
In other cases:
• A Seattle man was arrested at the Peace Arch Port of Entry, Blaine, for alleged possession of a stolen vehicle.
• An Edmonton, Alberta, man was arrested on two outstanding misdemeanor warrants from Blaine Police Department.
• A citizen of Japan listing an address in Vancouver, B.C., was discovered to be in possession of multiple DVDs and a computer external hard drive that allegedly contained hundreds of pornographic photographs of children.
More like this story
- Cascade prevails in kitchen showdown
- Voters approve school levies
- Teen talent hits the stage
- District 5/6 resumes Saturday
- Omak mill operation gets a new owner
- Burn ban extended for parts of Okanogan County
- 820 2016-011 Jan. 20, Feb. 10)
- 800 (2016-012 Jan. 13, 20, 27) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON IN AND FOR THE COUNTY OF OKANOGAN - JUVENILE
- 800 (2016-024 Jan. 20) Notice of Appeal Hearing SEPA Appeal of DNS for CUP 2015-8 Morgan Septic Lagoon
- 800 (2016-025 Jan. 20) Notice Seeking Comments regarding Juvenile Detention Options