Wednesday, May 8, 2013
OMAK “Spamalot,” an irreverent look at the King Arthur legend, will gallop onto the Performing Arts Center stage – coconut hoofbeats blazing – Friday, May 10, for a two-weekend run.
The Okanogan Valley Orchestra and Chorus production will be at 7 p.m. Fridays and Saturdays, May 10-11, and May 17-18, and 3 p.m. Sundays, May 12 and May 19, in the center, 14 S. Cedar St.
The musical includes elements from the film “Monty Python and the Holy Grail.”
Okanogan Valley Orchestra and Chorus got special permission from Theatrical Rights Worldwide to perform the play months before its general release this September, making it the first time the play will be done by amateur theater in the state, Producer Kim Harriman said.
Lead roles include Ugo Bartell as King Arthur, Craig Cohoe as Sir Lancelot, Barry Hansen as Sir Galahad, Doug Leese as Sir Robin, Betsy Rainsford as Historian and Jim Richards as Patsy, Lynn Hoover as Lady of the Lake and Harriman as Sir Bedevere.
The director is Judy Johnston, Jonathan McBride is vocal director, Don Pearce is musical director and choreographer is Doug Leese.
Parental guidance is suggested because some jokes include mildly raunchy language or suggestive references.
More like this story
- 810 (2015-472 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) City of Omak
- 810 (2015-562 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) INVITATION TO BID
- 810 (2015-613 Nov. 18, 25) At the regular council meeting of November 10, 2015
- 810 (2015-626 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) Notice is hereby given that the Town of Riverside, Washington
- 810 (2015-627 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) A public meeting for the 2016 Budget
- 810 (2015-628 Nov. 25) NOTICE OF ORDINANCE PASSED BY THE OKANOGAN CITY COUNCIL
- 810 (2015-629 Nov. 25) CITY OF OKANOGAN NOTICE OF STREET CLOSURE NOTICE
- 810 (2015-630 Nov. 25) SUMMARY OF RESOLUTION No. 39-2015 OF THE City of Omak, Washington.
- 810 (2015-632 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
- 820 (2015-612 Nov. 18, 25, Dec. 2) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON