Wednesday, May 8, 2013
OMAK “Spamalot,” an irreverent look at the King Arthur legend, will gallop onto the Performing Arts Center stage – coconut hoofbeats blazing – Friday, May 10, for a two-weekend run.
The Okanogan Valley Orchestra and Chorus production will be at 7 p.m. Fridays and Saturdays, May 10-11, and May 17-18, and 3 p.m. Sundays, May 12 and May 19, in the center, 14 S. Cedar St.
The musical includes elements from the film “Monty Python and the Holy Grail.”
Okanogan Valley Orchestra and Chorus got special permission from Theatrical Rights Worldwide to perform the play months before its general release this September, making it the first time the play will be done by amateur theater in the state, Producer Kim Harriman said.
Lead roles include Ugo Bartell as King Arthur, Craig Cohoe as Sir Lancelot, Barry Hansen as Sir Galahad, Doug Leese as Sir Robin, Betsy Rainsford as Historian and Jim Richards as Patsy, Lynn Hoover as Lady of the Lake and Harriman as Sir Bedevere.
The director is Judy Johnston, Jonathan McBride is vocal director, Don Pearce is musical director and choreographer is Doug Leese.
Parental guidance is suggested because some jokes include mildly raunchy language or suggestive references.
More like this story
- Weather brings school delays, closures
- McDonald's plans to introduce new ‘Big Mac' sizes
- Forever stamp prices increase Sunday
- More wet weather in the forecast
- Some after school activities, sports cancelled
- Storm prompts clinic cancelations
- Winter storm brings school delays, closures
- 810 (2017-009 Jan. 11, 18) REQUEST FOR QUALIFICATIONS (RFQ) AIRPORT MASTER PLAN
- 810 (2017-012 Jan. 18) Notice of Public Hearing
- 810 (2017-016 Jan. 18) Notice of Public Hearing Micro Processing/Manufacturing OKA RA 16-1
Chronicle News Broadcast for Oct. 19, 2016
An Oroville woman injured in car wreck near Crumbacher, Omak house damaged by fire, thousands expected to attend Okanogan Family (Barter) Faire, Natalie Carrier talks about the Omak Zombie Fun Run, a look at your weekend weather forecast, and weekly sports report. Enlarge