Wednesday, May 8, 2013
OMAK “Spamalot,” an irreverent look at the King Arthur legend, will gallop onto the Performing Arts Center stage – coconut hoofbeats blazing – Friday, May 10, for a two-weekend run.
The Okanogan Valley Orchestra and Chorus production will be at 7 p.m. Fridays and Saturdays, May 10-11, and May 17-18, and 3 p.m. Sundays, May 12 and May 19, in the center, 14 S. Cedar St.
The musical includes elements from the film “Monty Python and the Holy Grail.”
Okanogan Valley Orchestra and Chorus got special permission from Theatrical Rights Worldwide to perform the play months before its general release this September, making it the first time the play will be done by amateur theater in the state, Producer Kim Harriman said.
Lead roles include Ugo Bartell as King Arthur, Craig Cohoe as Sir Lancelot, Barry Hansen as Sir Galahad, Doug Leese as Sir Robin, Betsy Rainsford as Historian and Jim Richards as Patsy, Lynn Hoover as Lady of the Lake and Harriman as Sir Bedevere.
The director is Judy Johnston, Jonathan McBride is vocal director, Don Pearce is musical director and choreographer is Doug Leese.
Parental guidance is suggested because some jokes include mildly raunchy language or suggestive references.
More like this story
- 820 (2016-438 Nov. 23, Dec. 7) NOTICE OF TRUSTEE’S SALE PURSUANT TO THE REVISED CODE
- 820 (2016-439 Nov. 23, Dec. 7) NOTICE OF TRUSTEE’S SALE PURSUANT TO THE REVISED CODE OF
- 820 (2016-444 Nov. 9, 16, 23, 30, Dec. 7, 14) SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON
- 820 (2016-446 Nov. 16, 23, 30, Dec. 7, 14, 21) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR
- 820 (2016-456 Nov. 23, 30, Dec. 7, 14) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON
- 820 (2016-466 Nov. 23, 30, Dec. 7, 14) PUBLIC NOTICE
- 820 (2016-472 Nov. 30, Dec. 7) NORTH CENTRAL REGIONAL LIBRARY NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
- 820 (2016-473 Dec. 7, 14) Notice of Impact Aid Public Hearing
- 820 (2016-474 Dec. 7, 14, 21) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 820 (2016-475 Dec. 7) NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
Chronicle News Broadcast for Oct. 19, 2016
An Oroville woman injured in car wreck near Crumbacher, Omak house damaged by fire, thousands expected to attend Okanogan Family (Barter) Faire, Natalie Carrier talks about the Omak Zombie Fun Run, a look at your weekend weather forecast, and weekly sports report. Enlarge