Wednesday, May 8, 2013
OMAK “Spamalot,” an irreverent look at the King Arthur legend, will gallop onto the Performing Arts Center stage – coconut hoofbeats blazing – Friday, May 10, for a two-weekend run.
The Okanogan Valley Orchestra and Chorus production will be at 7 p.m. Fridays and Saturdays, May 10-11, and May 17-18, and 3 p.m. Sundays, May 12 and May 19, in the center, 14 S. Cedar St.
The musical includes elements from the film “Monty Python and the Holy Grail.”
Okanogan Valley Orchestra and Chorus got special permission from Theatrical Rights Worldwide to perform the play months before its general release this September, making it the first time the play will be done by amateur theater in the state, Producer Kim Harriman said.
Lead roles include Ugo Bartell as King Arthur, Craig Cohoe as Sir Lancelot, Barry Hansen as Sir Galahad, Doug Leese as Sir Robin, Betsy Rainsford as Historian and Jim Richards as Patsy, Lynn Hoover as Lady of the Lake and Harriman as Sir Bedevere.
The director is Judy Johnston, Jonathan McBride is vocal director, Don Pearce is musical director and choreographer is Doug Leese.
Parental guidance is suggested because some jokes include mildly raunchy language or suggestive references.
More like this story
- 810 (2017-167 June 28) CITY OF OKANOGAN, WASHINGTON ORDINANCE NO. 1177
- 810 (2017-168 June 28) CITY OF OKANOGAN, WASHINGTON ORDINANCE NO. 1179
- 820 (2017-136 May 31, June 7, 14, 21, 28, July 5) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR
- 820 (2017-142 June 7, 14, 21, 28) IN THE TRIBAL COURT OF THE CONFEDERATED TRIBES OF THE
- 820 (2017-150 June 14, 21, 28) SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR DOUGLAS COUNTY
- 820 (2017-151 June 14, 21, 28) SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR DOUGLAS COUNTY
- 820 (2017-154 June 14, 21, 28, July 5, 12, 19) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR
- 820 (2017-159 June 21, 28) NOTICE OF LOCATION AND DATE CHANGE
- 820 (2017-160 June 21, 28) PLEASE TAKE NOTICE that the OCFD No 7 Commissioners
- 820 (2017-164 June 28) Public Auction Notice