Wednesday, May 8, 2013
OKANOGAN – Watercraft enthusiasts won’t have to drive nearly 100 miles or more to purchase a new machine anymore.
That’s because Xtreme PowerSports, 1930 Second Ave. N., received notification Friday that it has been selected for a SeaDoo dealership.
“They approved us this morning,” owner and operator Jason Bernica said Friday. “We have already ordered a sign.”
“I’m pretty excited to hear that,” Mayor Michael Blake said Monday. “When a business is expanding, that’s always good.”
Terms of the dealership licensing were not disclosed.
According to Bernica, SeaDoo is the top-selling brand of personal watercraft in U.S. markets. New machines should start arriving locally by the end of the month.
“There is nowhere else around to get one,” Bernica said.
The next closest new watercraft dealers are Wenatchee Honda-SeaDoo, 314 S. Wenatchee Ave., Wenatchee; and Okanagan Watertoyz, 2053-B Campbell Road, Kelowna, B.C.
“People will come here rather than go to Spokane or Wenatchee,” Blake said.
Adding SeaDoo to Xtreme’s inventory was a natural fit for the local business, Bernica said, noting SeaDoo is owned by Bombardier Recreational Products and Vehicles. The dealership already carries Bombardier products, including Can-Am four-wheelers and SkiDoo snowmobiles.
And with such great water-recreation opportunities in the area, Bernica said SeaDoo sales will allow everyone to enjoy the waterscape of Okanogan and surrounding counties.
In addition to selling SeaDoo watercraft, the store will also begin selling related apparel including life vests, wetsuits and other items.
The store is also adding watercraft trailers to its inventory.
“It’ll be nice to see those extra things,” Blake said. “When you come to Okanogan to get a wetsuit, you’ll want to stay and get something else.”
More like this story
- 810 (2015-472 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) City of Omak
- 810 (2015-562 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) INVITATION TO BID
- 810 (2015-613 Nov. 18, 25) At the regular council meeting of November 10, 2015
- 810 (2015-626 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) Notice is hereby given that the Town of Riverside, Washington
- 810 (2015-627 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) A public meeting for the 2016 Budget
- 810 (2015-628 Nov. 25) NOTICE OF ORDINANCE PASSED BY THE OKANOGAN CITY COUNCIL
- 810 (2015-629 Nov. 25) CITY OF OKANOGAN NOTICE OF STREET CLOSURE NOTICE
- 810 (2015-630 Nov. 25) SUMMARY OF RESOLUTION No. 39-2015 OF THE City of Omak, Washington.
- 810 (2015-632 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
- 820 (2015-612 Nov. 18, 25, Dec. 2) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON