Wednesday, May 8, 2013
OKANOGAN – Watercraft enthusiasts won’t have to drive nearly 100 miles or more to purchase a new machine anymore.
That’s because Xtreme PowerSports, 1930 Second Ave. N., received notification Friday that it has been selected for a SeaDoo dealership.
“They approved us this morning,” owner and operator Jason Bernica said Friday. “We have already ordered a sign.”
“I’m pretty excited to hear that,” Mayor Michael Blake said Monday. “When a business is expanding, that’s always good.”
Terms of the dealership licensing were not disclosed.
According to Bernica, SeaDoo is the top-selling brand of personal watercraft in U.S. markets. New machines should start arriving locally by the end of the month.
“There is nowhere else around to get one,” Bernica said.
The next closest new watercraft dealers are Wenatchee Honda-SeaDoo, 314 S. Wenatchee Ave., Wenatchee; and Okanagan Watertoyz, 2053-B Campbell Road, Kelowna, B.C.
“People will come here rather than go to Spokane or Wenatchee,” Blake said.
Adding SeaDoo to Xtreme’s inventory was a natural fit for the local business, Bernica said, noting SeaDoo is owned by Bombardier Recreational Products and Vehicles. The dealership already carries Bombardier products, including Can-Am four-wheelers and SkiDoo snowmobiles.
And with such great water-recreation opportunities in the area, Bernica said SeaDoo sales will allow everyone to enjoy the waterscape of Okanogan and surrounding counties.
In addition to selling SeaDoo watercraft, the store will also begin selling related apparel including life vests, wetsuits and other items.
The store is also adding watercraft trailers to its inventory.
“It’ll be nice to see those extra things,” Blake said. “When you come to Okanogan to get a wetsuit, you’ll want to stay and get something else.”
More like this story
- 820 (2015-518, Oct. 7, 14, 21) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON IN AND FOR THE COUNTY OF OKANOGAN
- 820 (2015-513 Oct. 7) NOTICE OF PUBLIC TIMBER SALE
- 820 (2015-512 Oct. 7, 14) NOTICE OF PUBLIC TIMBER SALE
- 820 (2015-507 Sept. 30, Oct. 7, 14, 21) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 820 (2015-503 Sept. 30, Oct. 7) NOTICE OF HEARING PUBLIC UTILITY DISTRICT NO. 1 OF OKANOGAN COUNTY 2016 PROPOSED BUDGET
- 820 (2015-490 Sept. 23, 30, Oct. 7) In The Superior Court Of The State Of Washington County of Chelan.
- 820 (2015-456 Sept. 2, 9, 16, 23, 30, Oct. 7) SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON COUNTY OF OKANOGAN
- 820 (2015-455 Sept. 2, 9, 16, 23, 30, Oct. 7) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON
- 820 (2015 - 524, Oct. 7) Public Notice
- 820 (2015 - 524, Oct. 7) Town of Twisp Request for Statement of Qualifications
State Department of Fish and Wildlife Sgt. Dan Christensen recorded this video of the release of a mama bear and her three cubs Friday, Sept. 11, 2015. The bears were captured in a tree at Esther Bricques Winery near Ellisforde. The original video was much longer. We've edited out several minutes of footage between the cubs leaving the first trap and the mama and cub leaving the second trap. Enlarge