Wednesday, May 8, 2013
OKANOGAN – Watercraft enthusiasts won’t have to drive nearly 100 miles or more to purchase a new machine anymore.
That’s because Xtreme PowerSports, 1930 Second Ave. N., received notification Friday that it has been selected for a SeaDoo dealership.
“They approved us this morning,” owner and operator Jason Bernica said Friday. “We have already ordered a sign.”
“I’m pretty excited to hear that,” Mayor Michael Blake said Monday. “When a business is expanding, that’s always good.”
Terms of the dealership licensing were not disclosed.
According to Bernica, SeaDoo is the top-selling brand of personal watercraft in U.S. markets. New machines should start arriving locally by the end of the month.
“There is nowhere else around to get one,” Bernica said.
The next closest new watercraft dealers are Wenatchee Honda-SeaDoo, 314 S. Wenatchee Ave., Wenatchee; and Okanagan Watertoyz, 2053-B Campbell Road, Kelowna, B.C.
“People will come here rather than go to Spokane or Wenatchee,” Blake said.
Adding SeaDoo to Xtreme’s inventory was a natural fit for the local business, Bernica said, noting SeaDoo is owned by Bombardier Recreational Products and Vehicles. The dealership already carries Bombardier products, including Can-Am four-wheelers and SkiDoo snowmobiles.
And with such great water-recreation opportunities in the area, Bernica said SeaDoo sales will allow everyone to enjoy the waterscape of Okanogan and surrounding counties.
In addition to selling SeaDoo watercraft, the store will also begin selling related apparel including life vests, wetsuits and other items.
The store is also adding watercraft trailers to its inventory.
“It’ll be nice to see those extra things,” Blake said. “When you come to Okanogan to get a wetsuit, you’ll want to stay and get something else.”
More like this story
- Bail set for Piturachsatit
- Candidates speak at Lincoln Day dinner
- Lake Roosevelt Elementary assistant principal arrested
- 800 (2016-029 Jan. 27, Feb. 3) NOTICE OF CALL FOR BIDS
- 800 (2016-042 Feb. 3) Okanogan County Notice of Final Decision
- 800 (2016-044 Feb. 3, 10) PUBLIC NOTICE OKANOGAN COUNTY SMALL WORKS ROSTER
- 800 (2016-047 Feb. 3) Okanogan County Notice of Final Decision
- 800 (2016-048 Feb. 3) Okanogan County Notice of Final Decision
- 800 (2016-049 Feb. 3) Okanogan County Notice of Final Decision
- 800 (2016-050 Feb. 3) Okanogan County Notice of Final Decision