Wednesday, May 8, 2013
OMAK — Artwork by Bruce Townsend Cook will be shown through mid-August at 7 S. Main St. in the former Main Street Bar and Grill building.
His working exhibit is part of the ARTscapes series, the Main Street Building Project.
The project is a collaboration between Methow Arts Alliance and the North Central Washington Loan Fund to turn vacant space into an art studio.
Townsend Cook, Riverside, is a glassblowing and metal artist.
A reception is planned for 6-8 p.m. Wednesday, May 15. It will include live music and Okanogan Estates wine; food wine and beer will be available for purchase.
The building, owned by the loan fund, will be turned over to the ARTscapes project for three to six months, or until the building sells, Methow Arts said.
Townsend Cook will use the space as an art studio for his glassblowing and metal work.
“Townsend Cook will hold regular hours at the space, inviting the public inside to view the art-making process and see his creations,” Methow Arts said.
His work is on display at several locations, including the Breadline Cafe, 102 S. Ash St., Omak; Methow Valley Inn, 234 E. Second Ave., Twisp, and Tonasket Community Cultural Center, 411 S. Western Ave.
Townsend Cook also teaches art to students in kindergarten through eighth-grade through the Methow Arts education program in seven Okanogan County school districts.
The ARTscapes program “transforms empty storefronts and vacant space into dynamic points of interest through artistic energy and enterprise, making towns in Okanogan County stronger and more active,” Methow Arts said.
Similar projects are under development in other county towns.
More like this story
- 820 (2016-438 Nov. 23, Dec. 7) NOTICE OF TRUSTEE’S SALE PURSUANT TO THE REVISED CODE
- 820 (2016-439 Nov. 23, Dec. 7) NOTICE OF TRUSTEE’S SALE PURSUANT TO THE REVISED CODE OF
- 820 (2016-444 Nov. 9, 16, 23, 30, Dec. 7, 14) SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON
- 820 (2016-446 Nov. 16, 23, 30, Dec. 7, 14, 21) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR
- 820 (2016-456 Nov. 23, 30, Dec. 7, 14) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON
- 820 (2016-466 Nov. 23, 30, Dec. 7, 14) PUBLIC NOTICE
- 820 (2016-472 Nov. 30, Dec. 7) NORTH CENTRAL REGIONAL LIBRARY NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
- 820 (2016-473 Dec. 7, 14) Notice of Impact Aid Public Hearing
- 820 (2016-474 Dec. 7, 14, 21) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 820 (2016-475 Dec. 7) NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
Chronicle News Broadcast for Oct. 19, 2016
An Oroville woman injured in car wreck near Crumbacher, Omak house damaged by fire, thousands expected to attend Okanogan Family (Barter) Faire, Natalie Carrier talks about the Omak Zombie Fun Run, a look at your weekend weather forecast, and weekly sports report. Enlarge