Wednesday, May 8, 2013
OMAK — Artwork by Bruce Townsend Cook will be shown through mid-August at 7 S. Main St. in the former Main Street Bar and Grill building.
His working exhibit is part of the ARTscapes series, the Main Street Building Project.
The project is a collaboration between Methow Arts Alliance and the North Central Washington Loan Fund to turn vacant space into an art studio.
Townsend Cook, Riverside, is a glassblowing and metal artist.
A reception is planned for 6-8 p.m. Wednesday, May 15. It will include live music and Okanogan Estates wine; food wine and beer will be available for purchase.
The building, owned by the loan fund, will be turned over to the ARTscapes project for three to six months, or until the building sells, Methow Arts said.
Townsend Cook will use the space as an art studio for his glassblowing and metal work.
“Townsend Cook will hold regular hours at the space, inviting the public inside to view the art-making process and see his creations,” Methow Arts said.
His work is on display at several locations, including the Breadline Cafe, 102 S. Ash St., Omak; Methow Valley Inn, 234 E. Second Ave., Twisp, and Tonasket Community Cultural Center, 411 S. Western Ave.
Townsend Cook also teaches art to students in kindergarten through eighth-grade through the Methow Arts education program in seven Okanogan County school districts.
The ARTscapes program “transforms empty storefronts and vacant space into dynamic points of interest through artistic energy and enterprise, making towns in Okanogan County stronger and more active,” Methow Arts said.
Similar projects are under development in other county towns.
More like this story
- Business Council Chairman Boyd has died
- Do-it-yourself fireworks show in limbo
- Small fires, smoke checks reported
- Colville Tribal election returns too close to call
- Okanogan County ATV ordinance ruled invalid
- New wolf pack confirmed in Ferry County
- Safe 'n' Sane fireworks allowed in part of Omak
- 800 (2016-259 June 15, 22) Superior Court Clerk is requesting proposals
- 800 (2016-262 June 22) Notice of Primary Election
- 800 (2016-266 June 15, 22, 29, July 6, 13, 20) SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON,
2016 Molson Mid-Summer Festival
Here's a clip of the annual Molson Mid-Summer Festival, June 18, 2016. Chronicle video by Brock Hires. Enlarge