Wednesday, May 8, 2013
OROVILLE The city’s car show season gets its official start with a show on Saturday, May 11, at Prince’s Warehouse, 1412 Ironwood St.
This year’s car show is being organized by Josh Brown as a senior project. The event has traditionally attracted car owners and enthusiasts from both sides of the border.
Cruise nights are planned for June through September at downtown Oroville locations.
They are family friendly events to enjoy cars and raise the public profile of the city, as well as provide an economic boost to the downtown businesses that cater to event visitors.
The first cruise night of the summer will be at 5:30 p.m. Saturday, June 22, starting at F.B.’s Family Grill, 1518 Main St., and ending at Prince’s Warehouse.
A cruise night will be scheduled in conjunction with National Collector Car Appreciation Day, on July 13, and cruises on Aug. 17 and Sept. 14.
Cruise nights will go on rain or shine.
“A free car wash from Mother Nature is part of the benefit of enjoying an automobile,” organizer Lee Chapman said.
More like this story
- Okanogan school levy falling short of 60 percent
- 800 (2016-173 April 27, May 4) Notice of Public Hearing
- 800 (2016-175 April 27) Mooney SP 2016-2 Application and SEPA Exemption
- 800 (2016-176 April 27) Jackass SP 2016-1 Application and SEPA Exemption
- 800 (2016-177 April 27) Yakama Nation Twisp Ponds Project, SEPA 2016-1 Final SEPA Determination
- 800 (2016-178 April 27) Okanogan County Notice of Final Decision
- 800 (2016-179 April 27) Okanogan County Notice of Final Decision
- 800 (2016-180 April 27) Okanogan County Notice of Final Decision
- 810 (2016-166 April 20, 27) CITY OF OKANOGAN MUNICIPAL SWIMMING POOL
- 800 (2016-167 April 20, 27) CITY OF BREWSTER INVITATION TO BID
Reclamation officials talk about Conconully Lake Resort
Chronicle video by Brock Hires. Enlarge