Wednesday, May 8, 2013
OROVILLE The city’s car show season gets its official start with a show on Saturday, May 11, at Prince’s Warehouse, 1412 Ironwood St.
This year’s car show is being organized by Josh Brown as a senior project. The event has traditionally attracted car owners and enthusiasts from both sides of the border.
Cruise nights are planned for June through September at downtown Oroville locations.
They are family friendly events to enjoy cars and raise the public profile of the city, as well as provide an economic boost to the downtown businesses that cater to event visitors.
The first cruise night of the summer will be at 5:30 p.m. Saturday, June 22, starting at F.B.’s Family Grill, 1518 Main St., and ending at Prince’s Warehouse.
A cruise night will be scheduled in conjunction with National Collector Car Appreciation Day, on July 13, and cruises on Aug. 17 and Sept. 14.
Cruise nights will go on rain or shine.
“A free car wash from Mother Nature is part of the benefit of enjoying an automobile,” organizer Lee Chapman said.
More like this story
- PUD hopefuls share their views at forum
- Thunderstorm rips through county
- Ready, set, Pokemon Go! Online game craze hits the Okanogan
- New curtains installed at PAC
- Officials issue hazardous weather outlook
- Former NVH employee ‘disappointed’ with district
- DNR to add fire base in Omak
- Lynx could be added to state endangered list
- Hit-and-run crash kills Brewster teacher
- Bar-S Foods Company recalls hot dogs, corn dogs
2016 Molson Mid-Summer Festival
Here's a clip of the annual Molson Mid-Summer Festival, June 18, 2016. Chronicle video by Brock Hires. Enlarge