Originally published May 8, 2013 at 12:00a.m., updated May 8, 2013 at 12:00a.m.
TWISP TWISP – Student and adult musicians will perform during Pipestone School of Music’s annual Music Days Celebration on May 25-26.
The event features a Pipestone Orchestra concert at 7 p.m. Saturday at the Methow Valley Community Center, 201 S. Methow Valley Highway, and a student recital at 1 p.m. Sunday.
Admission to the Saturday concert is $15 for adults, $5 for youth and free for children age 12 and younger. Admission to the recital is free.
Pipestone Orchestra, directed by Tara Kaiyala Weaver, will present a program that includes the first movement of Dvorak’s New World Symphony.
Nick Saunders, a graduating high school senior, will perform the third movement from Mozart’s Violin Concerto in G Major.
The first movement from Schumann’s Piano Concerto in A minor will feature Linda Mendro and the Pipestone Jazz Ensemble.
Keeley Brooks, age 10 and winner of Pipestone’s Christine Cherrington Merit Award, will perform the Violin Concerto in A minor by Antonio Vivaldi, accompanied by Nancy Acheson.
On Sunday, students will display their talents in violin, viola, cello, guitar, piano and flute in the same location.
Pipestone School of Music is the educational branch of Cascadia, the Methow Music Association.
More like this story
- Weather brings school delays, closures
- McDonald's plans to introduce new ‘Big Mac' sizes
- Forever stamp prices increase Sunday
- More wet weather in the forecast
- Some after school activities, sports cancelled
- Storm prompts clinic cancelations
- Winter storm brings school delays, closures
- 810 (2017-009 Jan. 11, 18) REQUEST FOR QUALIFICATIONS (RFQ) AIRPORT MASTER PLAN
- 810 (2017-012 Jan. 18) Notice of Public Hearing
- 810 (2017-016 Jan. 18) Notice of Public Hearing Micro Processing/Manufacturing OKA RA 16-1
Chronicle News Broadcast for Oct. 19, 2016
An Oroville woman injured in car wreck near Crumbacher, Omak house damaged by fire, thousands expected to attend Okanogan Family (Barter) Faire, Natalie Carrier talks about the Omak Zombie Fun Run, a look at your weekend weather forecast, and weekly sports report. Enlarge