Originally published May 8, 2013 at 12:00a.m., updated May 8, 2013 at 12:00a.m.
TWISP TWISP – Student and adult musicians will perform during Pipestone School of Music’s annual Music Days Celebration on May 25-26.
The event features a Pipestone Orchestra concert at 7 p.m. Saturday at the Methow Valley Community Center, 201 S. Methow Valley Highway, and a student recital at 1 p.m. Sunday.
Admission to the Saturday concert is $15 for adults, $5 for youth and free for children age 12 and younger. Admission to the recital is free.
Pipestone Orchestra, directed by Tara Kaiyala Weaver, will present a program that includes the first movement of Dvorak’s New World Symphony.
Nick Saunders, a graduating high school senior, will perform the third movement from Mozart’s Violin Concerto in G Major.
The first movement from Schumann’s Piano Concerto in A minor will feature Linda Mendro and the Pipestone Jazz Ensemble.
Keeley Brooks, age 10 and winner of Pipestone’s Christine Cherrington Merit Award, will perform the Violin Concerto in A minor by Antonio Vivaldi, accompanied by Nancy Acheson.
On Sunday, students will display their talents in violin, viola, cello, guitar, piano and flute in the same location.
Pipestone School of Music is the educational branch of Cascadia, the Methow Music Association.
More like this story
- Business Council Chairman Boyd has died
- Do-it-yourself fireworks show in limbo
- Small fires, smoke checks reported
- Colville Tribal election returns too close to call
- Okanogan County ATV ordinance ruled invalid
- New wolf pack confirmed in Ferry County
- Safe 'n' Sane fireworks allowed in part of Omak
- 800 (2016-259 June 15, 22) Superior Court Clerk is requesting proposals
- 800 (2016-262 June 22) Notice of Primary Election
- 800 (2016-266 June 15, 22, 29, July 6, 13, 20) SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON,
2016 Molson Mid-Summer Festival
Here's a clip of the annual Molson Mid-Summer Festival, June 18, 2016. Chronicle video by Brock Hires. Enlarge