Wednesday, May 8, 2013
Concerts feature Montana singer
OKANOGAN — Montana singer Linda Lanier will speak and perform at 10 a.m., Sunday, May 12 at the New Life Center, 508 S. Fourth Ave.
Lanier has appeared on television and radio programs. Her video “Prayer List” was broadcast to 1,200 military bases and ships on the Fourth of July.
A second performance will feature a patriotic theme at 6:30 p.m., Thursday, May 16.
The events are open to the public. Call 509-422-3318 for more information.
Barrel Derby planned for June 2
CURLEW — Barrel Derby Day will be Sunday, June 2, and includes meals, athletic contests, a parade and the annual barrel float.
A firefighters’ breakfast is from 7-10 a.m., with a barbecued beef dinner following from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
A fun run is set for 9:30 a.m. A hoop jam runs during the day.
The barrel will go in the Kettle River at noon. People can buy tickets and guess how long it will taken for the barrel to float from the Midway bridge to at the Curlew bridge.
A parade is set for 2 p.m.
Tickets may be purchased by calling 509-779-4958.
Wine tasting benefits Merc Playhouse
TWISP — A wine tasting social to celebrate the Merc Playhouse is planned for 5:30-8 p.m. Thursday, May 30, at Tappi, 201 S. Glover St.
Regional wines will be paired with appetizers. Participating wineries include Vin Du Lac Winery, Four Lakes Winery and Karma Vineyards from Chelan, Rockwall Cellars, Omak, and Lost River Winery, Winthrop.
A blind tasting contest is planned.
School hosts annual Sunflower Festival
OMAK — Paschal Sherman Indian School’s annual Sunflower Festival will be from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Friday, May 24, at the school, 169 North End Omak Lake Road.
Activities include Mass at 8 a.m., school board elections from 8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., 3-on-3 basketball from 9:45 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., the Sun Run, with registration at 9:45 a.m., a fish pond at 10 a.m. and lunch at noon.
All-day activities include vendors, and photo and art displays.
Activities at the alcohol- and drug-free event are open to the public.
More like this story
- PUD to decide yay or nay on Enloe
- County has cash flow problem
- Tonasket wants to annex land south of town
- Drug bust lands eight people in jail
- Okanogan school levy falling short of 60 percent
- 800 (2016-173 April 27, May 4) Notice of Public Hearing
- 800 (2016-175 April 27) Mooney SP 2016-2 Application and SEPA Exemption
- 800 (2016-176 April 27) Jackass SP 2016-1 Application and SEPA Exemption
- 800 (2016-177 April 27) Yakama Nation Twisp Ponds Project, SEPA 2016-1 Final SEPA Determination
- 800 (2016-178 April 27) Okanogan County Notice of Final Decision
Reclamation officials talk about Conconully Lake Resort
Chronicle video by Brock Hires. Enlarge