Wednesday, May 8, 2013
Concerts feature Montana singer
OKANOGAN — Montana singer Linda Lanier will speak and perform at 10 a.m., Sunday, May 12 at the New Life Center, 508 S. Fourth Ave.
Lanier has appeared on television and radio programs. Her video “Prayer List” was broadcast to 1,200 military bases and ships on the Fourth of July.
A second performance will feature a patriotic theme at 6:30 p.m., Thursday, May 16.
The events are open to the public. Call 509-422-3318 for more information.
Barrel Derby planned for June 2
CURLEW — Barrel Derby Day will be Sunday, June 2, and includes meals, athletic contests, a parade and the annual barrel float.
A firefighters’ breakfast is from 7-10 a.m., with a barbecued beef dinner following from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
A fun run is set for 9:30 a.m. A hoop jam runs during the day.
The barrel will go in the Kettle River at noon. People can buy tickets and guess how long it will taken for the barrel to float from the Midway bridge to at the Curlew bridge.
A parade is set for 2 p.m.
Tickets may be purchased by calling 509-779-4958.
Wine tasting benefits Merc Playhouse
TWISP — A wine tasting social to celebrate the Merc Playhouse is planned for 5:30-8 p.m. Thursday, May 30, at Tappi, 201 S. Glover St.
Regional wines will be paired with appetizers. Participating wineries include Vin Du Lac Winery, Four Lakes Winery and Karma Vineyards from Chelan, Rockwall Cellars, Omak, and Lost River Winery, Winthrop.
A blind tasting contest is planned.
School hosts annual Sunflower Festival
OMAK — Paschal Sherman Indian School’s annual Sunflower Festival will be from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Friday, May 24, at the school, 169 North End Omak Lake Road.
Activities include Mass at 8 a.m., school board elections from 8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., 3-on-3 basketball from 9:45 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., the Sun Run, with registration at 9:45 a.m., a fish pond at 10 a.m. and lunch at noon.
All-day activities include vendors, and photo and art displays.
Activities at the alcohol- and drug-free event are open to the public.
More like this story
- 820 (2016-438 Nov. 23, Dec. 7) NOTICE OF TRUSTEE’S SALE PURSUANT TO THE REVISED CODE
- 820 (2016-439 Nov. 23, Dec. 7) NOTICE OF TRUSTEE’S SALE PURSUANT TO THE REVISED CODE OF
- 820 (2016-444 Nov. 9, 16, 23, 30, Dec. 7, 14) SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON
- 820 (2016-446 Nov. 16, 23, 30, Dec. 7, 14, 21) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR
- 820 (2016-456 Nov. 23, 30, Dec. 7, 14) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON
- 820 (2016-466 Nov. 23, 30, Dec. 7, 14) PUBLIC NOTICE
- 820 (2016-472 Nov. 30, Dec. 7) NORTH CENTRAL REGIONAL LIBRARY NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
- 820 (2016-473 Dec. 7, 14) Notice of Impact Aid Public Hearing
- 820 (2016-474 Dec. 7, 14, 21) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 820 (2016-475 Dec. 7) NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
Chronicle News Broadcast for Oct. 19, 2016
An Oroville woman injured in car wreck near Crumbacher, Omak house damaged by fire, thousands expected to attend Okanogan Family (Barter) Faire, Natalie Carrier talks about the Omak Zombie Fun Run, a look at your weekend weather forecast, and weekly sports report. Enlarge