Wednesday, May 8, 2013
NESPELEM – If poll vote results hold through the ballot-counting process, all six Colville Business Council members seeking re-election will advance to the June 15 general election.
Voters went to the polls May 4. Poll vote results were released May 6.
Absentee ballots will be counted May 9 and added to the poll votes.
Six of the seven positions up for election drew three or more candidates and were on the primary election ballot. The Inchelium District No. 2 position drew two candidates and had no primary.
The top two vote-getters for each position will move on to the June 15 general election. Poll votes will be certified June 17 and absentee votes will be certified and added to the poll votes June 20.
Newly elected council members will be sworn in July 11 during the council’s annual reorganization meeting.
Poll vote results:
Inchelium Position No. 1 – David T. Madera 63, Doug Seymour 54, Stevey Seymour 62.
Keller Position No. 1 – Darlene Zacherle (incumbent) 23, Jack W. Ferguson 34, Leroy Jerred 0, Sylvia Tatshama Peasley 2, John F. Stensgar 23.
Nespelem Position No. 1 – Brian J. Nissen (incumbent) 70, Ricky Gabriel 53, Randy Laramie 21, Deb Louie 77, Joaquin Marchand 43, Tum-chis-Li-wit Mylan Williams Sr. 6.
Nespelem Position No. 2 – Andrew C. Joseph Jr. (incumbent) 107, Charlene BearCub 39, Jonnie L. Bray 33, John St. Pierre 39, Enid T. Wippel 54.
Omak Position No. 1 – Ernest “Sneena” Brooks (incumbent) 118, Shirley K. Charley 69, Karen Condon 33, Stuart Sellars 36, Ricard Tupling 69.
Omak Position No. 2 – Benny Marchand Jr. (incumbent) 145, Anne “Muffin” Marchand 33, Michael E. Marchand 117, Luana L. Squetimkin 31.
More like this story
- New October rainfall records set
- Lester sentenced for child rape, molestation
- Woodcutting accident causes Ferry County power outage
- Officials suspend pursuit on Profanity Peak wolves
- Work slated to begin soon on Omak DNR fire base
- New business to occupy former Hughes store in Oroville
- 810 (2016-414 Oct. 19, 26) CITY OF OKANOGAN 2017 FINAL BUDGET PUBLIC HEARING NOTICE
- 810 (2016-419 Oct. 26, Nov. 2) NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
- 810 (2016-422 Oct. 26) NOTICE OF ORDINANCE PASSED BY THE OMAK CITY COUNCIL
- 810 (2016-423 Oct. 26) NOTICE OF ORDINANCE PASSED BY THE OMAK CITY COUNCIL
Chronicle News Broadcast for Oct. 19, 2016
An Oroville woman injured in car wreck near Crumbacher, Omak house damaged by fire, thousands expected to attend Okanogan Family (Barter) Faire, Natalie Carrier talks about the Omak Zombie Fun Run, a look at your weekend weather forecast, and weekly sports report. Enlarge