Wednesday, May 8, 2013
ELECTRIC CITY – Oroville’s Connor Hughes was medalist with an 88 in a class 2B golf match with Lake Roosevelt and Riverside Christian on May 2 at Banks Lake Golf Course.
“The greens had just been punched, so putting was difficult,” Oroville coach DeHaven Hill said.
Tanecia Stanczak of Lake Roosevelt was the girls medalist at 95.
Oroville — Connor Hughes 88, Bryce Glover 104, Blaine Weaver 109 and Kyle Scott 114.
Tonasket – Cayden Field 97.
Lake Roosevelt – Austin Rosenbaum 99, Brandon Desautel 104, Jordan Allen 108. Kyle Holt 131 and Alex Garcia 133.
Oroville – Jordyn Smith 112 and Heidi Gronlund 127.
Lake Roosevelt – Tanecia Stanczak 95, Madisyn Byam 122, Akaycia Foster 134.
QUINCY – Ryder Lewis wrapped up the regular season as medalist with a 71 against Quincy on May 2.
He’s won or shared low score in every meet this season.
Lewis will be aiming for the state 1A title starting with district at Quincy on Tuesday, May 7.
Quincy edged Omak, 345-374, for the boys team title.
Shelby Bassett of Quincy was the girls medalist at 91.
Joey Staggs shot his best round of the year, 82, to lead the Okanogan boys.
The Top 19 boys and 11 girls from the Caribou Trail League meet earn berths to Chewelah for regional play Tuesday, May 14.
State 1A is at Lake Spanaway Golf Course on May 21-22.
Boys – 1, Ryder Lewis, Omak, 71. 2, Joey Staggs, Okan., and Josh Shwint, Quincy, 82. 4, Jeremy Guthas, Quincy, 83. 5, Blake Van Diest, Quincy, 86. 6, Cameron Daigneau, Omak, 90. 7, Brandon Abrahamson, Omak, 94.
Girls – 1, Shelby Bassett, Quincy, 91. 2, Ana Baum, Okan., 96. 3, Elizabeth Diaz, Quincy, 103. 4, Kyla Schaapman, Quincy, 107. 5, Brianna Duff, Omak, 115.
OROVILLE – Connor Hughes and Bryce Glover of Oroville tied for medalist honors at 91 during a match with Okanogan on April 30.
The Hornets finish play this week at Liberty Bell on Tuesday, May 7, before competing in district play Tuesday, May 14, at the Chelan Golf Club.
The Top 6 boys and Top 7 girls qualify for the state tournament May 21-22 at Oakbrook Golf and Country Club in Lakewood.
Okanogan boys – Joe Staggs, 101. Jeff Chang, 139.
Okanogan girls – Ana Baum, 119.
Oroville boys – Connor Hughes and Bryce Glover, 101. Blaine Weaver, 95. Blake Rise, 107. Kyle Scott, 140.
Tonasket boys – Cayden Field, 108.
- 4.3 magnitude earthquake hits Coulee DamResidents throughout Okanogan and surrounding counties may felt the rattle of a 4.3 magnitude earthquake this morning.
- Mother, two children hospitalized following minor crashJessica A. Saffel, 27, Cergio Britt, 8, and Alyssa Britt, 5, all of Yakima, were transported to the Wenatchee hospital ...
More like this story
- 4.3 magnitude earthquake hits Coulee Dam
- Sturgeon fishing returns on Columbia
- Mother, two children hospitalized following minor crash
- Tucannon Fire reaches 2,700 acres
- Carpenter Road fire still growing
- Rain helps crews battle Ferry County fires
- Trudi Inslee visits fire areas today
- Public meeting about fires is today in Nespelem
- Crews gaining ground on Colville Complex
- Goodell Fire burning along highway
Omak-Riverside Eastside Road helicopter water drop
Short clip of a helicopter dropping water on the Tunk Block Fire today along Omak-Riverside Eastside Road. Enlarge