Wednesday, May 8, 2013
OMAK – A fundraiser for the Elks Lodge building maintenance fund is planned for 5 p.m. Saturday, May 18, at the lodge, 110 S. Main St.
The event includes a spaghetti feed, auction and dance with music by Bad Habit.
Besides spaghetti, the menu includes salad and bread, spokeswoman Kim Brender said. Admission is by donation.
Silent and live auctions are planned, with Larry Campbell as the auctioneer.
Among the items up for sale are five yards of green serpentine rock, antiques, glass serving tray, cookie jar, homemade candles and gift baskets.
Money will be used to repair both the steps to the upstairs and deck out in the courtyard to comply with safety standards, and repair heating and cooling systems.
Both stairways may need to be rebuilt, Brender said.
“We want to be able to continue to be an asset to the community and be able to have the community use our facility, and continue to be the Safe Haven for the Omak School District if they have to evacuate the school,” she said.
Lodge projects include a flag-burning ceremony for tattered U.S. flags, free veterans meal, Casting for Kids fishing event, Omak High School students of the month, youth baseball and soccer support, Bowling for Kids banquet, high school Hoop Shoot, American flag displays downtown, Tall Elks children’s therapy program benefit, pop tab collection for Ronald McDonald House, school events, hall rental and memorials.
Use of the building is free for children’s events, in cases where the club caters the event and memorials, she said.
More like this story
- Woodcutting accident causes Ferry County power outage
- Officials suspend pursuit on Profanity Peak wolves
- Work slated to begin soon on Omak DNR fire base
- New business to occupy former Hughes store in Oroville
- 810 (2016-414 Oct. 19, 26) CITY OF OKANOGAN 2017 FINAL BUDGET PUBLIC HEARING NOTICE
- 810 (2016-419 Oct. 26, Nov. 2) NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
- 810 (2016-422 Oct. 26) NOTICE OF ORDINANCE PASSED BY THE OMAK CITY COUNCIL
- 810 (2016-423 Oct. 26) NOTICE OF ORDINANCE PASSED BY THE OMAK CITY COUNCIL
- 810 (2016-424 Oct. 26) NOTICE OF ORDINANCE PASSED BY THE OMAK CITY COUNCIL
- 820 (2016-390 Oct. 5, 12, 19, 26, Nov. 2, 9) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON
Chronicle News Broadcast for Oct. 19, 2016
An Oroville woman injured in car wreck near Crumbacher, Omak house damaged by fire, thousands expected to attend Okanogan Family (Barter) Faire, Natalie Carrier talks about the Omak Zombie Fun Run, a look at your weekend weather forecast, and weekly sports report. Enlarge