Wednesday, May 8, 2013
OMAK – A fundraiser for the Elks Lodge building maintenance fund is planned for 5 p.m. Saturday, May 18, at the lodge, 110 S. Main St.
The event includes a spaghetti feed, auction and dance with music by Bad Habit.
Besides spaghetti, the menu includes salad and bread, spokeswoman Kim Brender said. Admission is by donation.
Silent and live auctions are planned, with Larry Campbell as the auctioneer.
Among the items up for sale are five yards of green serpentine rock, antiques, glass serving tray, cookie jar, homemade candles and gift baskets.
Money will be used to repair both the steps to the upstairs and deck out in the courtyard to comply with safety standards, and repair heating and cooling systems.
Both stairways may need to be rebuilt, Brender said.
“We want to be able to continue to be an asset to the community and be able to have the community use our facility, and continue to be the Safe Haven for the Omak School District if they have to evacuate the school,” she said.
Lodge projects include a flag-burning ceremony for tattered U.S. flags, free veterans meal, Casting for Kids fishing event, Omak High School students of the month, youth baseball and soccer support, Bowling for Kids banquet, high school Hoop Shoot, American flag displays downtown, Tall Elks children’s therapy program benefit, pop tab collection for Ronald McDonald House, school events, hall rental and memorials.
Use of the building is free for children’s events, in cases where the club caters the event and memorials, she said.
More like this story
- PUD to decide yay or nay on Enloe
- County has cash flow problem
- Tonasket wants to annex land south of town
- Drug bust lands eight people in jail
- Okanogan school levy falling short of 60 percent
- 800 (2016-173 April 27, May 4) Notice of Public Hearing
- 800 (2016-175 April 27) Mooney SP 2016-2 Application and SEPA Exemption
- 800 (2016-176 April 27) Jackass SP 2016-1 Application and SEPA Exemption
- 800 (2016-177 April 27) Yakama Nation Twisp Ponds Project, SEPA 2016-1 Final SEPA Determination
- 800 (2016-178 April 27) Okanogan County Notice of Final Decision
Reclamation officials talk about Conconully Lake Resort
Chronicle video by Brock Hires. Enlarge