Wednesday, May 8, 2013
Lake Roosevelt students sell pavers
COULEE DAM — The Lake Roosevelt High School associated student body is selling pavers as a fundraiser for extracurricular programs.
The pavers will be placed outdoors on campus as part of the new school construction.
Each paver costs $75 until June 10 and $100 thereafter.
Buyers will get two lines of print with up to 15 characters, including spaces, per line.
Ordering information is available from Debbie VanGeystel, Lake Roosevelt High School, 500 Civic Way, Coulee Dam 99116, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Yard sale benefits Nespelem center
NESPELEM — A yard sale to benefit the Colville Tribal Convalescent Center resident activity program is planned for 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Friday, May 17.
The center is at 1 Convalescent Center Blvd.
Legion Hall gets spring spruce-up
OKANOGAN — The Legion Hall, 860 N. Second Ave., is getting a spruce-up thanks to a grant from Home Depot Foundation.
The project included new windows and exterior painting. A kitchen remodeling also is planned, Legion member Gene Fritts said.
The $3,500 grant also came with a Home Depot team to do the work.
Veterans are a focus of Home Depot, which plans to invest $50 million to help veterans repair and modify their homes during the next three years.
The post has around four dozen members. The building was constructed in 1948.
Preorders sought for doughnuts
NESPELEM — Pre-orders for Krispy Kreme doughnuts, to benefit the Nespelem Head Start 2013 graduating class, are being taken by the preschool’s parent committee.
“Help us support our youth and order a box. They are $10 a box and you get a dozen,” the group said.
Orders will be taken until Thursday, May 9. They will be ready May 10.
Orders may be placed by contacting Sarah Redstar at 509-631-2392, Reanna Chuweah at 509-634-1799 or Alanna Picard at 509-978-8171
Class plans ‘We missed it’ reunion
OMAK — The Omak High School Class of 1997 is having a “15-…Oops we missed it…16-year reunion” July 12-13.
The group has a Facebook page for details, organizer Jordan Sackman said.
— The Chronicle
More like this story
- VIEW FROM THE SIDELINES: Willis twins shine in soccer
- 800 (2017-265 Nov. 22, 29) City of Omak Notice of Final 2018 Budget Public Hearing Omak City Council
- 800 (2017-325 Nov. 22) CITY OF OKANOGAN STREET CLOSURE
- (2017-323 Nov. 22, 29 Dec. 6) SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 820 (2017-324 Nov. 22, 29 Dec. 6) OKANGAN IRRIGATION DISTRICT NOTICE OF EQUALIZATION
- 820 (2017-326 Nov. 22) LEGAL NOTICE NEGOTIATION OF STATE LEASES WITH EXISTING LESSEES BETWEEN JANUARY AND MARCH 2018 EXPIRES: MAY 2018
- Garcia named CWL’s Player of the Year
- VIEW FROM THE SIDELINES: Love connecting math with sports
- Former hospital CEO sues for records
- Christmas at the End of the Road runs Nov. 24-25