Wednesday, May 8, 2013
OMAK — Wenatchee Valley College is important to community members because it offers job training, economic development and educational and cultural opportunities.
A recent series of meetings in Omak, Leavenworth, Chelan and Wenatchee revealed the community college also is important because it offers continuing education, affordable classes and Running Start college courses for high school students.
Participants were surveyed.
Another question, asking which WVC programs are essential or important, “produced a laundry list of WVC programs, nearly all of which were mentioned at least once,” Board of Trustees Chairman Jim Tiffany said in a letter to participants.
Professional/technical programs, transfer classes and adult basic education dominated the responses.
More like this story
- Business Council Chairman Boyd has died
- Do-it-yourself fireworks show in limbo
- Small fires, smoke checks reported
- Colville Tribal election returns too close to call
- Okanogan County ATV ordinance ruled invalid
- New wolf pack confirmed in Ferry County
- Safe 'n' Sane fireworks allowed in part of Omak
- 800 (2016-259 June 15, 22) Superior Court Clerk is requesting proposals
- 800 (2016-262 June 22) Notice of Primary Election
- 800 (2016-266 June 15, 22, 29, July 6, 13, 20) SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON,
2016 Molson Mid-Summer Festival
Here's a clip of the annual Molson Mid-Summer Festival, June 18, 2016. Chronicle video by Brock Hires. Enlarge