Wednesday, May 8, 2013
OMAK — Wenatchee Valley College is important to community members because it offers job training, economic development and educational and cultural opportunities.
A recent series of meetings in Omak, Leavenworth, Chelan and Wenatchee revealed the community college also is important because it offers continuing education, affordable classes and Running Start college courses for high school students.
Participants were surveyed.
Another question, asking which WVC programs are essential or important, “produced a laundry list of WVC programs, nearly all of which were mentioned at least once,” Board of Trustees Chairman Jim Tiffany said in a letter to participants.
Professional/technical programs, transfer classes and adult basic education dominated the responses.
More like this story
- Crews continue battling Kettle Complex fires
- Tucannon Fire nearly contained
- Carpenter Road Fire now 45 percent contained
- Wolverine Fire meeting set for Plain
- Grant County deputy fired
- 800 (2015-448 Aug. 26, Sept 2, 9, 16) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 800 2015-453 Sept. 2) Twisp River Floodplain, SEPA 2015-7 Final SEPA Determination
- 820 (2015-379 July 29, Aug. 5, 12, 19, 26, Sept. 2) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 820 (2015-380 July 29, Aug. 5, 12, 19, 26 Sept. 2) SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON IN AND FOR THE COUNTY OF OKANOGAN
- 820 (2015-395 July 29, Aug. 5, 12, 19, 26, Sept.2) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON IN AND FOR THE COUNTY OF OKANOGAN.
Omak-Riverside Eastside Road helicopter water drop
Short clip of a helicopter dropping water on the Tunk Block Fire today along Omak-Riverside Eastside Road. Enlarge