Wednesday, May 8, 2013
OMAK — Wenatchee Valley College is important to community members because it offers job training, economic development and educational and cultural opportunities.
A recent series of meetings in Omak, Leavenworth, Chelan and Wenatchee revealed the community college also is important because it offers continuing education, affordable classes and Running Start college courses for high school students.
Participants were surveyed.
Another question, asking which WVC programs are essential or important, “produced a laundry list of WVC programs, nearly all of which were mentioned at least once,” Board of Trustees Chairman Jim Tiffany said in a letter to participants.
Professional/technical programs, transfer classes and adult basic education dominated the responses.
More like this story
- Athletic club adds CrossFit classes
- Bulldog going to Zags
- Records fall at Ritzville
- Tribal primary election is May 7
- Voters say no to school bond issue
- State officials gear up for wildfire season
- PUD to decide yay or nay on Enloe
- County has cash flow problem
- Tonasket wants to annex land south of town
- Drug bust lands eight people in jail
Reclamation officials talk about Conconully Lake Resort
Chronicle video by Brock Hires. Enlarge