Wednesday, May 8, 2013
OMAK An artistic apple bin competition is planned during the Omak Kiwanis Art in the Park event June 15-16 in Civic League Park on South Ash Street.
Businesses and organizations can decorate 15 wooden and 15 plastic apple bins in any artistic style, club spokeswoman Nattalie Cariker said. They will be judged June 16; prize baskets will be given.
The participating business or organization’s name should be included on the bin.
Apple bins will be available at the city public works shop, 230 Columbia St., from noon to 4 p.m. May 13.
Those who can’t make that time can contact Cariker, 509-422-5101 or nattalie@gmail.
com, to make other arrangements.
Participants are asked to display their finished bins starting June 1. Those without a display spot can make arrangements with Cariker.
“The decorated apple bins will need to be transported by participating business or organization to Art in the Park on the night of June 14 so they can be arranged for display and judging,” she said. “After the event, the apple bin will need to be picked up the evening of June 16 and are yours to keep.”
More like this story
- Cascade prevails in kitchen showdown
- Voters approve school levies
- Teen talent hits the stage
- District 5/6 resumes Saturday
- Omak mill operation gets a new owner
- Burn ban extended for parts of Okanogan County
- 820 2016-011 Jan. 20, Feb. 10)
- 800 (2016-012 Jan. 13, 20, 27) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON IN AND FOR THE COUNTY OF OKANOGAN - JUVENILE
- 800 (2016-024 Jan. 20) Notice of Appeal Hearing SEPA Appeal of DNS for CUP 2015-8 Morgan Septic Lagoon
- 800 (2016-025 Jan. 20) Notice Seeking Comments regarding Juvenile Detention Options