Wednesday, May 8, 2013
OMAK An artistic apple bin competition is planned during the Omak Kiwanis Art in the Park event June 15-16 in Civic League Park on South Ash Street.
Businesses and organizations can decorate 15 wooden and 15 plastic apple bins in any artistic style, club spokeswoman Nattalie Cariker said. They will be judged June 16; prize baskets will be given.
The participating business or organization’s name should be included on the bin.
Apple bins will be available at the city public works shop, 230 Columbia St., from noon to 4 p.m. May 13.
Those who can’t make that time can contact Cariker, 509-422-5101 or nattalie@gmail.
com, to make other arrangements.
Participants are asked to display their finished bins starting June 1. Those without a display spot can make arrangements with Cariker.
“The decorated apple bins will need to be transported by participating business or organization to Art in the Park on the night of June 14 so they can be arranged for display and judging,” she said. “After the event, the apple bin will need to be picked up the evening of June 16 and are yours to keep.”
More like this story
- Business Council Chairman Boyd has died
- Do-it-yourself fireworks show in limbo
- Small fires, smoke checks reported
- Colville Tribal election returns too close to call
- Okanogan County ATV ordinance ruled invalid
- New wolf pack confirmed in Ferry County
- Safe 'n' Sane fireworks allowed in part of Omak
- 800 (2016-259 June 15, 22) Superior Court Clerk is requesting proposals
- 800 (2016-262 June 22) Notice of Primary Election
- 800 (2016-266 June 15, 22, 29, July 6, 13, 20) SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON,
2016 Molson Mid-Summer Festival
Here's a clip of the annual Molson Mid-Summer Festival, June 18, 2016. Chronicle video by Brock Hires. Enlarge