Tuesday, December 31, 2013
CONCONULLY A pair of earthquakes jiggled the area in the past couple days.
A magnitude 3.2 temblor, shook the area Monday morning, according to the Pacific Northwest Seismic Network.
For more on earthquake activity in the Pacific Northwest, click here.
The quake hit at 7 a.m. just outside town at a depth of 1.1 km, the network reported. The official reported location was reported as 19.6 miles north-northwest of Okanogan.
An earlier quake, with a magnitude of 2.2, was at 6:23 a.m. Dec. 26, the network reported. It occurred 24.1 miles east of Okanogan at a depth of 1.08 km.
More like this story
- Business Council Chairman Boyd has died
- Do-it-yourself fireworks show in limbo
- Small fires, smoke checks reported
- Colville Tribal election returns too close to call
- Okanogan County ATV ordinance ruled invalid
- New wolf pack confirmed in Ferry County
- Safe 'n' Sane fireworks allowed in part of Omak
- 800 (2016-259 June 15, 22) Superior Court Clerk is requesting proposals
- 800 (2016-262 June 22) Notice of Primary Election
- 800 (2016-266 June 15, 22, 29, July 6, 13, 20) SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON,
2016 Molson Mid-Summer Festival
Here's a clip of the annual Molson Mid-Summer Festival, June 18, 2016. Chronicle video by Brock Hires. Enlarge