Tuesday, December 31, 2013
CONCONULLY A pair of earthquakes jiggled the area in the past couple days.
A magnitude 3.2 temblor, shook the area Monday morning, according to the Pacific Northwest Seismic Network.
For more on earthquake activity in the Pacific Northwest, click here.
The quake hit at 7 a.m. just outside town at a depth of 1.1 km, the network reported. The official reported location was reported as 19.6 miles north-northwest of Okanogan.
An earlier quake, with a magnitude of 2.2, was at 6:23 a.m. Dec. 26, the network reported. It occurred 24.1 miles east of Okanogan at a depth of 1.08 km.
More like this story
- Entries sought for Halloween Harvest Decorating Contest
- St. George’s edges Okanogan soccer, 3-1
- Omak JV takes first at Pateros tournament
- Liberty Bell girls win without No. 1 runner
- Sweet pickleball results for Omak tournament
- Brewster football charges back late to edge Tonasket
- Hunters do well in hunting season openers
- Ashworth pitches in Arizona Fall Classic
- Felines frolic on new cat trees
- VIEW FROM THE SIDELINES: Dawgs football rises up to No. 5 in poll