Tuesday, December 31, 2013
CONCONULLY A pair of earthquakes jiggled the area in the past couple days.
A magnitude 3.2 temblor, shook the area Monday morning, according to the Pacific Northwest Seismic Network.
For more on earthquake activity in the Pacific Northwest, click here.
The quake hit at 7 a.m. just outside town at a depth of 1.1 km, the network reported. The official reported location was reported as 19.6 miles north-northwest of Okanogan.
An earlier quake, with a magnitude of 2.2, was at 6:23 a.m. Dec. 26, the network reported. It occurred 24.1 miles east of Okanogan at a depth of 1.08 km.
More like this story
- Training exercise planned
- Delayed opener predicted for North Cascades Highway
- Games must go on
- UW students spend break working with youngsters
- Gas prices remain stable; price increases expected
- Growers meet with lawmakers
- Breakfast bill gets Steele amendments
- Drivers have until March 31 to remove studded tires
- Okanogan County PUD plans power outage April 6
- Tonasket public pool slated to open in June