Tuesday, December 31, 2013
CONCONULLY A pair of earthquakes jiggled the area in the past couple days.
A magnitude 3.2 temblor, shook the area Monday morning, according to the Pacific Northwest Seismic Network.
For more on earthquake activity in the Pacific Northwest, click here.
The quake hit at 7 a.m. just outside town at a depth of 1.1 km, the network reported. The official reported location was reported as 19.6 miles north-northwest of Okanogan.
An earlier quake, with a magnitude of 2.2, was at 6:23 a.m. Dec. 26, the network reported. It occurred 24.1 miles east of Okanogan at a depth of 1.08 km.
- Last-minute Giving Tree donations soughtAdditional donors are asked to step up and select tags from the Giving Tree, which benefits clients of the Support ...
- Additional donations sought for Christmas basketsAdditional donations of food and cash are sought to help Omak-Okanogan Christmas Basket Project organizers reach their goal of 200 ...
More like this story
- Burn ban extended for Methow Valley
- Last-minute Giving Tree donations sought
- Additional donations sought for Christmas baskets
- New NVH commissioners sworn in
- Local fans wait for 'The Last Jedi'
- Healthplanfinder sign up deadline looms
- Omak football fundraiser fruit arrives, pick up is now
- U.S. Navy sends apology letter to school
- Boys' basketball: Okanogan comes from behind to top Omak, 62-53
- Girls' basketball: Omak hangs on for 40-37 win over Okanogan