Tuesday, December 31, 2013
BREWSTER Three Rivers Hospital CEO O.E. "Bud" Hufnagel submitted a letter of resignation Monday after a special board meeting.
Hufnagel, 66, said Tuesday that his resignation is effective at the end of April.
His departure isn’t related to recent emotionally charged board meetings, where hospital commissioners were tasked with finding ways to cut expenses next year, he said.
“This is something I’ve been thinking about for a while, and fundamentally what it comes down to is the thing I was hired to do is to help the hospital do a turnaround,” he said. “All this chaff had absolutely zero to do with my leaving.
"It had everything to do with me not being able to do the things that I was hired to do.”
He handed resignation letters to each commissioner after the meeting had adjourned, hospital spokeswoman Rebecca Meadows confirmed Tuesday afternoon.
“He will be staying through April 30, and he will be helping the board members in recruiting a new CEO,” she said. “They will address it at the next board meeting.”
The next meeting is scheduled for noon Jan. 27 in the Hillcrest administration building, 415 Hospital Way.
More details about Hufnagel’s resignation and Monday’s board meeting will be published in the Sunday print edition and e-edition of The Chronicle.
More like this story
- 820 (2015-518, Oct. 7, 14, 21) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON IN AND FOR THE COUNTY OF OKANOGAN
- 820 (2015-513 Oct. 7) NOTICE OF PUBLIC TIMBER SALE
- 820 (2015-512 Oct. 7, 14) NOTICE OF PUBLIC TIMBER SALE
- 820 (2015-507 Sept. 30, Oct. 7, 14, 21) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON FOR OKANOGAN COUNTY
- 820 (2015-503 Sept. 30, Oct. 7) NOTICE OF HEARING PUBLIC UTILITY DISTRICT NO. 1 OF OKANOGAN COUNTY 2016 PROPOSED BUDGET
- 820 (2015-490 Sept. 23, 30, Oct. 7) In The Superior Court Of The State Of Washington County of Chelan.
- 820 (2015-456 Sept. 2, 9, 16, 23, 30, Oct. 7) SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON COUNTY OF OKANOGAN
- 820 (2015-455 Sept. 2, 9, 16, 23, 30, Oct. 7) IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON
- 820 (2015 - 524, Oct. 7) Public Notice
- 820 (2015 - 524, Oct. 7) Town of Twisp Request for Statement of Qualifications
State Department of Fish and Wildlife Sgt. Dan Christensen recorded this video of the release of a mama bear and her three cubs Friday, Sept. 11, 2015. The bears were captured in a tree at Esther Bricques Winery near Ellisforde. The original video was much longer. We've edited out several minutes of footage between the cubs leaving the first trap and the mama and cub leaving the second trap. Enlarge