Tuesday, December 31, 2013
BREWSTER Three Rivers Hospital CEO O.E. "Bud" Hufnagel submitted a letter of resignation Monday after a special board meeting.
Hufnagel, 66, said Tuesday that his resignation is effective at the end of April.
His departure isn’t related to recent emotionally charged board meetings, where hospital commissioners were tasked with finding ways to cut expenses next year, he said.
“This is something I’ve been thinking about for a while, and fundamentally what it comes down to is the thing I was hired to do is to help the hospital do a turnaround,” he said. “All this chaff had absolutely zero to do with my leaving.
"It had everything to do with me not being able to do the things that I was hired to do.”
He handed resignation letters to each commissioner after the meeting had adjourned, hospital spokeswoman Rebecca Meadows confirmed Tuesday afternoon.
“He will be staying through April 30, and he will be helping the board members in recruiting a new CEO,” she said. “They will address it at the next board meeting.”
The next meeting is scheduled for noon Jan. 27 in the Hillcrest administration building, 415 Hospital Way.
More details about Hufnagel’s resignation and Monday’s board meeting will be published in the Sunday print edition and e-edition of The Chronicle.
More like this story
- Signups start for Okanogan rooter's bus
- School to honor state soccer champs
- Okanogan returns to state 2B title game
- 810 (2015-472 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) City of Omak
- 810 (2015-562 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) INVITATION TO BID
- 810 (2015-613 Nov. 18, 25) At the regular council meeting of November 10, 2015
- 810 (2015-626 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) Notice is hereby given that the Town of Riverside, Washington
- 810 (2015-627 Nov. 25, Dec. 2) A public meeting for the 2016 Budget
- 810 (2015-628 Nov. 25) NOTICE OF ORDINANCE PASSED BY THE OKANOGAN CITY COUNCIL
- 810 (2015-629 Nov. 25) CITY OF OKANOGAN NOTICE OF STREET CLOSURE NOTICE